Eve and the apple?

Eve and the apple?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 May 09
2 edits

Originally posted by black beetle
Ah but this is merely theology🙂

It seems to me that "palace" / "Paradise" was a status of Existence "with god". Them there entities at that status they were "with god" too, and also they had the chance to taste everything but Life as we perceive it by means of collapsing the wavefunction through their own birth! The "sin" is just Life itself as we u son why Jesus was declaring time and time again that "he was the Way" I reckon😵
mmm, you are an intellectual beetle, i but a peasant! never the less, what is interesting about what you say is this, that the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, its fruit, was desirable to look upon! now the Hebrew translation of this statement, 'desirable to look upon', literally means, 'desirable for imparting knowledge', therefore the satanic appeal, was a direct appeal to the intellect, and a perfect intellect at that! therefore i am quite unsure as to whether this reconciliation that you mention, to a mind-only nature, would be possible while in a state of physical imperfection, for there would always be a 'warring between the two', the physical and the intellectual, our minds would be saying, don't drink any more of that skoosh! its not good for you, but our bodies would be saying, ah, look how it numbs the pain!

Paul makes reference to it, this warring, thus if we are to achieve intellectual perfection, it would, i reckon, of necessity that we also achieve physical perfection, which is why, i tried, also in the science forum to seek 'data', for my theory, that, given the correct circumstances, 'the perfect environment', then our bodies would be able to perpetuate themselves through cellular regeneration, indefinitely, like when we cut ourselves and it heals up, but no one could confirm this, so i just kept it to myself. 😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
13 May 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
mmm, you are an intellectual beetle, i but a peasant! never the less, what is interesting about what you say is this, that the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, its fruit, was desirable to look upon! now the Hebrew translation of this statement, 'desirable to look upon', literally means, 'desirable for imparting knowledge', therefore the satan ...[text shortened]... elves and it heals up, but no one could confirm this, so i just kept it to myself. 😉
Ah the Tree; this miserable atheist black beetle prefers to see it Tree as the Jacob's Ladder -a voluminous Tree of Life-, perfect at its countless manifestations and quite "desirable to look upon". Desirable, and at the same time Kliffothic too. So desirable in fact, that it caused to the Human the desire to collapse the wavefunction in order to become able to taste Life -and thus condemning on the spot the Human to become separated from her/ his divine source. But this is just my view from my tree🙂

How nice to share our thoughts😵

rc

Moves
13 May 09

Ah the Tree; this miserable atheist black beetle prefers to see it Tree as the Jacob's Ladder -a voluminous Tree of Life-, perfect at its countless manifestations and quite "desirable to look upon". Desirable, and at the same time Kliffothic too. So desirable in fact, that it caused to the Human the desire to collapse the wavefunction in order to become ...[text shortened]... s divine source. But this is just my view from my tree🙂

How nice to share our thoughts😵
yes beetle it is very refreshing to share some thoughts without the usual aggravation that often accompanies posts in the spirituality forum, what is this Jacobs ladder and what does it mean to you? also Kliffothic, i never heard before, tried to google it but all i got is some dead boring metal band ( i hope your not a member of them), i mean, metal and magic, dragons and pentangles, its not entirely original is it? 🙂

rc

Moves
13 May 09

Originally posted by twhitehead
So why did God tell him not to eat the apple (fruit /whatever) ?
it was a prohibition that signified Gods prerogative to set standards, it could have been anything, a line drawn in the sand, please do not step over that line, anything.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 May 09

it was a prohibition that signified Gods prerogative to set standards, it could have been anything, a line drawn in the sand, please do not step over that line, anything.
How childish of your Monster God.

rc

Moves
13 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
How childish of your Monster God.
Lol, its your perceptions and your monster! for example , it can be construed that it was a loving arrangement, for it gave Adam, an opportunity to demonstrate appreciation for all that God had given him, a beautiful home, a perfect wife, a purposeful existence, satisfying work, the prospect of living forever etc etc etc. hardly reflective of your monster God, is it?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 May 09
1 edit

Lol, its your perceptions and your monster! for example , it can be construed that it was a loving arrangement, for it gave Adam, an opportunity to demonstrate appreciation for all that God had given him, a beautiful home, a perfect wife, a purposeful existence, satisfying work, the prospect of living forever etc etc etc. hardly reflective of your monster God, is it?
Sure, do what I tell you or I'll kill you is always the basis of a loving relationship. Ask OJ.

OT God is surely a monster; ask the Midianites (that's rhetorical of course).

rc

Moves
13 May 09
1 edit

Sure, do what I tell you or I'll kill you is always the basis of a loving relationship. Ask OJ.

OT God is surely a monster; ask the Midianites (that's rhetorical of course).
yes, don't play on the highway, you will get killed! is that prohibition unloving, i think not, as for the Midianites, war is war, they should have known better than mess with the Most high, for they were given enough chances! your perceptions number one! 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 May 09

yes, don't play on the highway, you will get killed! is that prohibition unloving, i think not, as for the Midianites, war is war, they should have known better than mess with the Most high, for they were given enough chances! your perceptions number one! 😉
Don't play in the highway or I'll run you over is more like it. Your Monster God at first threatened and then carried out a number of specific punishments (death, pain in childbirth, crop failures, etc.). I guess "war is war", so it was alright for Hitler, too.

You're a sick [expletive deleted].

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
14 May 09

yes beetle it is very refreshing to share some thoughts without the usual aggravation that often accompanies posts in the spirituality forum, what is this Jacobs ladder and what does it mean to you? also Kliffothic, i never heard before, tried to google it but all i got is some dead boring metal band ( i hope your not a member of them), i mean, metal and magic, dragons and pentangles, its not entirely original is it? 🙂
Jacob’s Ladder is a voluminous Otz Chiim/ Tree of Life; it is the symbol of every possible known and unknown microcosmic and macrocosmic world, and it also has a mirror image. Nothing to do with Heavy Metal😵

rc

Moves
14 May 09
4 edits

Jacob’s Ladder is a voluminous Otz Chiim/ Tree of Life; it is the symbol of every possible known and unknown microcosmic and macrocosmic world, and it also has a mirror image. Nothing to do with Heavy Metal😵
mm, it seems rather mystical Beetle, is it possible to climb this ladder? and if so, how is it done, also what is the hope that one will find when one gets to the top, or is it impossible to actually reach the top by virtue of infinity? 🙂

rc

Moves
14 May 09

Don't play in the highway or I'll run you over is more like it. Your Monster God at first threatened and then carried out a number of specific punishments (death, pain in childbirth, crop failures, etc.). I guess "war is war", so it was alright for Hitler, too.

You're a sick [expletive deleted].
what can i say number one, if that's how you perceive it then that's how you perceive it. i realize i am not you and you are not me 🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
14 May 09

mm, it seems rather mystical Beetle, is it possible to climb this ladder? and if so, how is it done, also what is the hope that one will find when one gets to the top, or is it impossible to actually reach the top by virtue of infinity? 🙂
Ah Rabbie my feer, these are questions that one has to ponder and find out on his own; this is the most complicated symbol for you have to establish its properties on your own without contradictions at every level of your interpretation, and it is Huge; this is the reason why one has to start his meditation on a "simple" Otz Chiim first. Of course this complicated method is the equivalent of the non-complicated zennist mind-only approach, and this is the reason why one has to answer your questions as following:

-- "Mystical is just the product of your enlightenment for you are solely able to pass it directly from mind to mind, and enlightenment is solely a specific mental mode that helps you to rise above dualism.
This Ladder is not a ladder but you may ascend and decend it allright. Whilst you use the Ladder there is nothing you can use. There is no Top and Bottom for the Ladder is itself everything Known and Unknown. You can reach everything you want to there, but when you reach it there 's nothing different for you here. There 's no place out of your mind. Hell and Paradise are solely parts of your mind. And the nature of your mind is the Void"

Oh well it seems to me that the plexus of the miscellaneous religions is merely a product of QBLH and Eastern esoteric ideas, which they all were misinterprated by the theologists at their struggle to understand (and probably control the Human) 😵

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 May 09
1 edit

This response (the highway part), in my opinion, fails to capture a key point
The highway was created to be used by those who shouldn't play on it.

From what I can see, your god made this tree only to set Adam & Eve up for a fall.

Moves
14 May 09

Who made the talking snake?