1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. Anyone who kills someone else in the name of religion should have the full force of the criminal law brought down upon them.
    What if it is Shiria law and they call on people to stone a woman for apostasy or adultery? That would be legal then.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 00:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What if it is Shiria law and they call on people to stone a woman for apostasy or adultery? That would be legal then.
    Like I said before, I oppose capital punishment and I condemn any laws or states that punish citizens for reasons of religious affiliation or 'religious crimes'.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 01:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said before, I oppose capital punishment and I condemn any laws or states that punish citizens for reasons of religious affiliation or 'religious crimes'.
    But you seem unwilling to condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam that have such laws.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 02:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But you seem unwilling to condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam that have such laws.
    That's because I don't "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam". I am quite specific and forthright about what I do condemn, and I am tolerant or ambivalent about the rest.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 04:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's because I don't "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam". I am quite specific and forthright about what I do condemn, and I am tolerant or ambivalent about the rest.
    That makes you a hypocrite in my opinion.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 04:52
    That makes you a hypocrite in my opinion.
    Not so. If I urged you to "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam" and then didn't "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam" myself, then THAT would make me a "hypocrite".
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 06:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not so. If I urged you to "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam" and then didn't "condemn Muslims or the religion of Islam" myself, then THAT would make me a "hypocrite".
    True. However, I don't see why saying you condemn the acts that the religion of Islam commands Muslims to do and not condemning the religion and the Muslims that perform those acts makes you any less of a hypocrite.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 06:48
    True. However, I don't see why saying you condemn the acts that the religion of Islam commands Muslims to do and not condemning the religion and the Muslims that perform those acts makes you any less of a hypocrite.
    Do I once more have to remind about anti-balaka and the horrors they commit in the name of the christian god, the god you believe in? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-balaka

Remember that this has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with fundamentalism. One of you. So when you criticize fundamentalists, in any religion, then the critics strikes back to yourself.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 07:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Do I once more have to remind about anti-balaka and the horrors they commit in the name of the christian god, the god you believe in? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-balaka

Remember that this has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with fundamentalism. One of you. So when you criticize fundamentalists, in any religion, then the critics strikes back to yourself.
    I make no claim to fundamentalism. I claim to be a Christian only.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 07:31
    I make no claim to fundamentalism. I claim to be a Christian only.
    You are a fundamentalist. So is Boka Haram. So is Anti-balaka. And further - you share their creationistic views.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 08:11
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You are a fundamentalist. So is Boka Haram. So is Anti-balaka. And further - you share their creationistic views.
    You do not have the authority or ability to define what I am, Bozo.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 12:09
    You do not have the authority or ability to define what I am, Bozo.
    No, you have done a FINE job of that all by yourself.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 04:34
    Well, I will take my cue, not from your interpretation of Islamic teachings or the interpretations of criminals and terrorists, but from my Muslim neighbours and the community I live in. In a sense, living ~ as I do ~ in the world's largest Muslim population country, I live in the very heart of the Muslim world and it is clear that Islam is not "perpetrating murder and torture and rape and slavery and kidnapping on a global scale" as Dasa claims.
  14. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 04:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I will take my cue, not from your interpretation of Islamic teachings or the interpretations of criminals and terrorists, but from my Muslim neighbours and the community I live in. In a sense, living ~ as I do ~ in the world's largest Muslim population country, I live in the very heart of the Muslim world and it is clear that Islam is not "perpetrating murder and torture and rape and slavery and kidnapping on a global scale" as Dasa claims.
    Do you condemn the USA's death penalty laws? I certainly do.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 05:16
    Originally posted by twohybrid
    Do you condemn the USA's death penalty laws? I certainly do.
    Of course. The country I live in also has the death penalty and, although I do not actively work against it, I disagree with it and condemn it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree