1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 05:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I will take my cue, not from your interpretation of Islamic teachings or the interpretations of criminals and terrorists, but from my Muslim neighbours and the community I live in. In a sense, living ~ as I do ~ in the world's largest Muslim population country, I live in the very heart of the Muslim world and it is clear that Islam is not "perpetrating murder and torture and rape and slavery and kidnapping on a global scale" as Dasa claims.
    Most Muslims don't strickly follow the teachings of Islam. The majority only follow the parts they like.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 05:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Most Muslims don't strickly follow the teachings of Islam. The majority only follow the parts they like.
    Your interpretation of the "teachings of Islam" means nothing to me, nor does it mean anything to Muslims.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 10:54
    You have cited Mosaic law in support of the death penalty before.

Mosaic law is pretty clear about what should done to gay people.

Have you stoned to death your gay son yet?

Or are you just following the bits of the Bible you like?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 13:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I will take my cue, not from your interpretation of Islamic teachings or the interpretations of criminals and terrorists, but from my Muslim neighbours and the community I live in. In a sense, living ~ as I do ~ in the world's largest Muslim population country, I live in the very heart of the Muslim world and it is clear that Islam is not "perpetrating murder and torture and rape and slavery and kidnapping on a global scale" as Dasa claims.
    The Quran teaches violence against non Muslims.

It is there in black and white.

You know it is there.

You cannot deny it.

It even teaches Muslims to lie to non Muslims because being deceitful for Allah is not a sin.............as long as it is advancing the caused of Islam.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '14 13:37
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The Quran teaches violence against non Muslims.

It is there in black and white.

You know it is there.

You cannot deny it.

It even teaches Muslims to lie to non Muslims because being deceitful for Allah is not a sin.............as long as it is advancing the caused of Islam.
    I don't subscribe to your interpretation. Have you personally ever discussed theism and theology with a Muslim?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 02:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    FMF here are just a few verses from the Quran inciting violence.

I reality there are 164 violent verses in the Quran.

You asked for evidence well here it is.

How many of you have actually taken the time to read the Qur’an and see what it says? You might be surprised at what you find. I wish it weren’t so, but I find it hard to believe that Islam in its ...[text shortened]... em in this world. and in the everlasting life the punishment of the fire awaits them….”

I wonder what the J. W.'s think of this?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 07:14
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    You have cited Mosaic law in support of the death penalty before.

Mosaic law is pretty clear about what should done to gay people.

Have you stoned to death your gay son yet?

Or are you just following the bits of the Bible you like?
    I am under American Law, not Mosaic Law.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 08:02
    I am under American Law, not Mosaic Law.
    Yes, I know. The bible isn't trustworthy.
    Cherrypikcking comes to my mind.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 08:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, I know. The bible isn't trustworthy.
    Cherrypikcking comes to my mind.
    It is not cherry-picking, it is wisdom in understanding that Mosaic law does not apply to Christians and I am a Christian. More wisdom for you.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 08:29
    It is not cherry-picking, it is wisdom in understanding that Mosaic law does not apply to Christians and I am a Christian. More wisdom for you.
    So the bible is not of your concern! Not all of it anyway...
    Do you consider all of the bible as true? Now you say no. Some can be excluded.
    How about the ten commandments? Are they also mosaic? Because at that time there were no christians...
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 09:501 edit
    So the bible is not of your concern! Not all of it anyway...
    Do you consider all of the bible as true? Now you say no. Some can be excluded.
    How about the ten commandments? Are they also mosaic? Because at that time there were no christians...
    The Holy Bible is inspired of God. However, some parts, like what satan said to deceive Eve, is not entirely true.

Some things have been superseded and no longer apply. The ten commandments were written by the finger of God and not Moses and therefore will never be superseded in this age or the age to come.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 17:45
    The Holy Bible is inspired of God. However, some parts, like what satan said to deceive Eve, is not entirely true.

Some things have been superseded and no longer apply. The ten commandments were written by the finger of God and not Moses and therefore will never be superseded in this age or the age to come.
    So you dismiss the ten commandments because they are the Mosaic Law only and doesn't concern christians...

Okay, I see. Some parts of the bible is okay, other parts is not.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 18:471 edit
    So you dismiss the ten commandments because they are the Mosaic Law only and doesn't concern christians...

Okay, I see. Some parts of the bible is okay, other parts is not.
    I understand you are not a natural English speaker, so I forgive you for attributing a false statement to me. So let me make myself clear.

The Ten Commandment apply to every man, you and me, and everyone, regardless of religious or non-religious belief.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '14 16:44
    I understand you are not a natural English speaker, so I forgive you for attributing a false statement to me. So let me make myself clear.

[b]The Ten Commandment apply to every man, you and me, and everyone, regardless of religious or non-religious belief.
    [/b]
    But you don't support the verses that say if your son argues with you and calls you an idiot, you are supposed to kill him? I don't expect you follow THOSE verses.

So the charge of cherrypicking is valid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree