1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '06 22:51
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well I did get my evidence and also I have told others my testimony before about the moment I gave my life to Christ publically infront of a congragation my paranioa of 5 years and 8 months went away in the blink of an eye. People can get changed right away from the power of God or it can take a few months to a year. And my Paranioa was of the aids virse. Sat ...[text shortened]... sh them. I don't do that anymore because God has blessed me and healed me so much. Praise God!
    You needed then, and still need, professional psychiatric care.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:403 edits
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Sorry Chess old boy,

AIDS and HIV are both acronyms, HIV for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and AIDS for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. See the difference? One is a virus, and the other a syndrome. A syndrome is the group of collective symptoms caused by the interaction between the virus and the organism it is infecting. There is no AIDS ...[text shortened]... us, y that George W meets the wonderful wizard and gets that brain he's been needing so long...[/b]
    AIDS and HIV are both acronyms, HIV for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and AIDS for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. See the difference? One is a virus, and the other a syndrome. A syndrome is the group of collective symptoms caused by the interaction between the virus and the organism it is infecting. There is no AIDS virus, but there is a virus (HIV) that can lead to you developing AIDS.

Hmmm, so I guess that there's no flu virus either, just fever, soar throat and headache syndrome. Most medical professionals refer to the AIDS virus (as in the virus that causes AIDS).
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:50
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    [b]AIDS and HIV are both acronyms, HIV for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and AIDS for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. See the difference? One is a virus, and the other a syndrome. A syndrome is the group of collective symptoms caused by the interaction between the virus and the organism it is infecting. There is no AIDS virus, but there is ...[text shortened]... st fever, soar throat and headache syndrome. Most medical professionals refer to the AIDS virus.
    Thought you'd bring that up. Actually there is a flu virus. It's called Influenza (duh). The symptoms of this viral infection are also called influenza or flu. The symptoms of the HIV virus, should it actually attack the immune system (which it doesn't always), is AIDS. They are not synonyms despite what you think.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:51
    Sorry Chess old boy,

AIDS and HIV are both acronyms, HIV for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, and AIDS for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. See the difference? One is a virus, and the other a syndrome. A syndrome is the group of collective symptoms caused by the interaction between the virus and the organism it is infecting. There is no AIDS vir ...[text shortened]... y that George W meets the wonderful wizard and gets that brain he's been needing so long...
    I know I said I would do that for my girlfriends cousin. Copy 8 mile for him but I have not yet done that.

But if you would understand and know this I have money to rent it and I will do that and just bring it over for him to watch someday.

But also everyone is human and sins everyday that is way God gave us Jesus to die for your sins.

I addment that I have not been a good Christian online but offline yes. And it is still your own fault if you dont want to be saved. You can say to God I didn't believe in you becasue of RBHILL, that would not be a good excuse.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 04:57
    I know I said I would do that for my girlfriends cousin. Copy 8 mile for him but I have not yet done that.

But if you would understand and know this I have money to rent it and I will do that and just bring it over for him to watch someday.

But also everyone is human and sins everyday that is way God gave us Jesus to die for your sins.

I addment that ...[text shortened]... You can say to God I didn't believe in you becasue of RBHILL, that would not be a good excuse.
    I agree, it would be unwise of me to say I don't believe in god because of you. I don't believe in god because of me, however. I choose not to believe, mainly because I cannot see any evidence of god. However, I do not tell people that their volunteer work means nothing if they don't believe in god. I guess the message I'm trying to get across is that since you cannot know gods mind, and you are self admittedly not perfect, you should refrain from telling the rest of us we're all destined for an eternity in hell. All that glass houses and stones type thing.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 05:00
    Originally posted by David C
    ouch, Arby. Right in the Labonza. And from a skirt-wearin' poodle-walker, too.
    Hey, I haven't walked a poodle in years (My granny used to have one when i was a kid). Can't remember the last time I wore a skirt either (possibly halloween a couple years back). I prefer the kilt myself. You should try - but remember there is only one way to wear yer kilt!
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 07:115 edits
    Thought you'd bring that up. Actually there is a flu virus. It's called Influenza (duh). The symptoms of this viral infection are also called influenza or flu. The symptoms of the HIV virus, should it actually attack the immune system (which it doesn't always), is AIDS. They are not synonyms despite what you think.
    The influenza virus causes the flu and so there is a flu virus. The HIV virus causes AIDs, but somehow there is no AIDS virus. What are you talking about?

The symptoms of influenza is the flu. The symptoms of HIV is AIDS. Both are caused by a virus.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 07:35
    The influenza virus causes the flu and so there is a flu virus. The HIV virus causes AIDs, but somehow there is no AIDS virus. What are you talking about?

The symptoms of influenza is the flue. The symptoms of HIV is AIDS. Both are caused by a virus.
    My point is that both the name of the virus and the name given to the symptoms is the same in the case of flu (no 'e'😉, but not in HIV/AIDS. You can have HIV without having AIDS.
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 07:482 edits
    My point is that both the name of the virus and the name given to the symptoms is the same in the case of flu (no 'e'😉, but not in HIV/AIDS.
    [/b]Did you decide this? If you google “AIDS virus” you’ll find that it is commonly referred to as “the AIDS virus” by medical professionals.

http://news.google.com/news?q=aids+virus&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr

You can have HIV without having AIDS.

You can also have the influenza virus without having the flu. Most people have influenza viruses on them at all times. Usually our immune system takes care of them.
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 08:44
    Did you decide this? If you google “AIDS virus” you’ll find that it is commonly referred to as “the AIDS virus” by medical professionals.

http://news.google.com/news?q=aids+virus&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr

You can also have the influenza virus without having the flu. Most people have influenza viruses on them at all times. Usually our immune system takes care of them.[/b]
    And they are technically incorrect. So what? They call it the AIDS virus because most people know what AIDS is, and it's easy to say it. However, as I have stated before AIDS is a syndrome not a virus, and a syndrome is characterised by the symptoms. From Answers.com (bold, by me)

"syn·drome (sĭn'drōm'😉 pronunciation
    n.

1. A group of symptoms that collectively indicate or characterize a disease, psychological disorder, or other abnormal condition.
    1. A complex of symptoms indicating the existence of an undesirable condition or quality.
    2. A distinctive or characteristic pattern of behavior: the syndrome of conspicuous consumption in wealthy suburbs.

[Greek sundromē, concurrence of symptoms, from sundromos, running together : sun-, syn- + dromos, a running.] "

From now on I shall call the influenza virus the 'sore throat and runny nose virus' in logic of your honour.
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 10:21
    Did you decide this? If you google “AIDS virus” you’ll find that it is commonly referred to as “the AIDS virus” by medical professionals.

You can also have the influenza virus without having the flu. Most people have influenza viruses on them at all times. Usually our immune system takes care of them.[/b]
    Just give up will you? I think scott has prooved his point, here. The rest is just unnecessary jibberish back and forth.
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 14:43
    And they are technically incorrect. So what? They call it the AIDS virus because most people know what AIDS is, and it's easy to say it. However, as I have stated before AIDS is a syndrome not a virus, and a syndrome is characterised by the symptoms. From Answers.com [b](bold, by me)

"syn·drome (sĭn'drōm'😉 pronunciation
    n.

1. ...[text shortened]... call the influenza virus the 'sore throat and runny nose virus' in logic of your honour.[/b]
    I tend to go with Scott on this one. "HIV" is what medical professionals call the virus that attacks the T-cells of our immune system. "AIDS" is what medical professionals call the syndrome caused by the HI virus. Incidentally, you can have AIDS without any symptoms, this is characterized by when your CD4 count reaches a certain threshold.

"AIDS Virus" can also be used by medical professionals, but its “dumbed down” at best, technically incorrect at worst.

FYI, The symptoms of AIDS (especially in 3rd world countries) are "diseases" that indicate suppressed immunity, most notably: Kaposi's Sarcoma, Wasting, Shingles and OHL.
  13. Belfast
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 15:291 edit
    It's amazing how quickly the thread topic changed. From "evidence" of God to arguing over what to call the HIV virus.
  14. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 16:51
    Originally posted by lukemcmullan
    It's amazing how quickly the thread topic changed. From "evidence" of God to arguing over what to call the HIV virus.
    Actually, some people think there isn't any HIV either, or at least, that there is insufficient evidence to prove the existence of a unique exogneously-acquired retrovirus that causes all AIDS diseases from wasting to Kapsoi's Sarcoma.

http://www.theperthgroup.com/CONTINUUM/pgvsduesbergreward.html
  15. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 17:59
    Well I did get my evidence and also I have told others my testimony before about the moment I gave my life to Christ publically infront of a congragation my paranioa of 5 years and 8 months went away in the blink of an eye. People can get changed right away from the power of God or it can take a few months to a year. And my Paranioa was of the aids virse. Sat ...[text shortened]... sh them. I don't do that anymore because God has blessed me and healed me so much. Praise God!
    who started the virus thing?? that was obviously stupid, as RBHILL was afraid of the aids *virse*.
    so this conversation should never have started.
    only one thing.... what is a virse?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree