1. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:24
    it is not my spelling that is at fault; it is my typing. if god existed, then it would have done something about that minor mishap
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    You believe that they scrutinise Microsoft products to get rid of the bugs?
    haaaa ha ha ha

There's a rec from me, scott...

Indeed, why would they. They wouldn't make a fortune if everyone was happy with the soft the way it is. 🙂
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 22:35
    Originally posted by i am scientists
    its amazing, isnt it how much enjoyment you can get out of disproving the existance of god.
    my RE teacher used to groan whenever i entered the room. he really hated me (probably still does).
    i thank you for you kind comment on my intellect, although i know several people who would argue with you there.
    an interesting point; did you know that there is no such thing as holy water?
    did you know that there is no such thing as holy water?

It should follow naturally from the fact that there is no God.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:172 edits
    [b]Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Originally posted by stocken
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [/b]What difference is there to say the virus that causes AIDS or the AIDS virus? The HIV virus is dormant. The AIDS virus is the HIV virus when it comes out of dormancy.

If the medical community and the public accepts this, I don’t see why people would even bother to argue over it. Only on a public forum I guess…
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:26
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    What difference is there to say the virus that causes AIDS or the AIDS virus? The HIV virus is dormant. The AIDS virus is the HIV virus when it comes out of dormancy.

If the medical community and the public accepts this, I don’t see why people would even bother to argue over it. Only on a public forum I guess…[/b]
    I'm a scientist! Technical correctness is paramount to us! It's a bit anal admittedly, and I really don't care that much, but we have to try and be as correct as possible - when you start to blur the definitions of words they become meaningless, or the point can be lost. I do try to be as technically correct as possible....
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:30
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    What difference is there to say the virus that causes AIDS or the AIDS virus? The HIV virus is dormant. The AIDS virus is the HIV virus when it comes out of dormancy.

If the medical community and the public accepts this, I don’t see why people would even bother to argue over it. Only on a public forum I guess…[/b]
    Actually, only if the difference is relevant to the current discussion would it make sense to argue about it. If you speak to a doctor in more general terms, (s)he wouldn't care much, one way or the other if you say "AIDS virus". You two know what you mean in the context of the discussion. But there is a difference between HIV and AIDS. You could have just admitted that, and this whole discussion between you and scotty, wouldn't have taken place.
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    08 Jan '06 23:32
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I'm a scientist! Technical correctness is paramount to us! It's a bit anal admittedly, and I really don't care that much, but we have to try and be as correct as possible - when you start to blur the definitions of words they become meaningless, or the point can be lost. I do try to be as technically correct as possible....
    I was going to give it a rest, but then I witnessed the “I believe (or not) there for it exists (or not)” argument. I figured our little debate would be a step up. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree