1. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Okay, I will help you out. Read this:

http://ncse.com/rncse/21/1-2/defining-evolution
    Unlike you, I am aware of what the definition of evolution is. I am not the one in this conversation who needs to read one. It is amazing that, after all my criticisms about how unbelievably lazy you are, that you again give me a link without comment. You can't even be bothered to cut and paste the part of the article you think is relevant. You expect me to read though a lengthy article and try to decipher what part of it you mean for me to read. I think I overestimated your work ethic in my earlier posts.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:17
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    Unlike, you I am aware of what the definition of evolution is. I am not the one in this conversation who needs to read one. It is amazing that, after all my criticisms about how unbelievably lazy you are, that you again give me a link without comment. You can't even be bothered to cut and paste the part of the article you think is relevant. You expect me to ...[text shortened]... part of it you mean for me to read. I think I overestimated your work ethic in my earlier posts.
    Although in this instance the NCSE is well worth reading,...

The National Center for Science Education (NCSE) is a not-for-profit, membership
    organization providing information and resources for schools, parents, and concerned citizens
    working to keep evolution and climate science in public school science education. We educate
    the press and public about the scientific and educational aspects of controversies surrounding
    the teaching of evolution and climate change, and supply needed information and advice to
    defend good science education at local, state, and national levels. Our 5000 members are
    scientists, teachers, clergy, and citizens with diverse religious and political affiliations.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 21:31
    He is a little like Walter White, but this dude explains the differences between hypothesis, theory and fact rather well. To need to reserve half an hour of your time to watch this.

YouTube
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 01:20
    Originally posted by lausey
    He is a little like Walter White, but this dude explains the differences between hypothesis, theory and fact rather well. To need to reserve half an hour of your time to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbpM9LYaQys
    That's right. Evilution is only a theory based on guess work.
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 01:43
    That's right. Evilution is only a theory based on guess work.
    You are right, you are a moron.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 06:39
    Originally posted by lausey
    You are right, you are a moron.
    Believing in evilution is like believing all the parts that make up a computer, monitor, and printer could miraculously create themselves and then assemble themselves and make a program to create more parts and assembly them to make more computers, monitors, and printers without the input of an intelligent designer. I would call that person a numbnuts. A moron like me believes in the intelligent designer.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 06:48
    Believing in evilution is like believing all the parts that make up a computer, monitor, and printer could miraculously create themselves and then assemble themselves and make a program to create more parts and assembly them to make more computers, monitors, and printers without the input of an intelligent designer. I would call that person a numbnuts. A moron like me believes in the intelligent designer.
    "A moron like me believes in the intelligent designer."

This just in: Morons worldwide are protesting this insult to their intelligence. 🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 07:091 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    "A moron like me believes in the intelligent designer."

This just in: Morons worldwide are protesting this insult to their intelligence. 🙂
    That may be so, but the numbnuts that believes in evilution is much lower on the intelligence scale. I doubt one can get any lower in intelligence than a numbnuts that believes in evilution, because no intelliegence is allowed in evilution.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

http://www.discovery.org/expelled/
  9. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 07:36
    Evolution - Fact or Fiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmm-MGcPpRI
    uhm, why have you labeled yourself as "The Moron"??

that undermines your every post, ya know
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 08:54
    Originally posted by empovsun
    uhm, why have you labeled yourself as "The Moron"??

that undermines your every post, ya know
    Not when you are dealing with numbnuts.
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 17:001 edit
    This is of course a bad analogy, but even so, an intelligent designer is not immune from this argument. If you are going to argue that something is too complex to form on its own, this argument has to be applied to everything, including the intelligent designer. A being capable of creating everything has to be the most complex thing in existence. So using your argument, an intelligent designer has to be the least plausible idea ever conceived of.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 18:01
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    This is of course a bad analogy, but even so, an intelligent designer is not immune from this argument. If you are going to argue that something is too complex to form on its own, this argument has to be applied to everything, including the intelligent designer. A being capable of creating everything has to be the most complex thing in existence. So using your argument, an intelligent designer has to be the least plausible idea ever conceived of.
    Why can't the intelligent designer be an eternal being - a spiritual being that has always existed - like, let's say... the God of the Holy Bible that in the beginning created the heavens and the earth?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 18:261 edit

It was an attempted argument of Richard Dawkins. He says God would have to be infinitely complex. But I think it fails.

Dawkins said God had to be the most complex involving the most parts. However God does not consist of a huge multitude of parts.

Alvin Pantinga
    Where Richard Dawkins Goes Wrong

YouTube
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 18:39
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] This is of course a bad analogy, but even so, an intelligent designer is not immune from this argument. If you are going to argue that something is too complex to form on its own, this argument has to be applied to everything, including the intelligent designer. A being capable of creating everything has to be the most complex thing in existence. So ...[text shortened]... ntinga
    [b]Where Richard Dawkins Goes Wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCE7LoRAlnA[/b]
    And you know that how? God does not consist of many parts?
  15. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    08 Jan '14 18:48
    Why can't the intelligent designer be an eternal being - a spiritual being that has always existed - like, let's say... the God of the Holy Bible that in the beginning created the heavens and the earth?
    This argument is a special pleading. You are applying criticisms to the ideas of others, but exempting your own idea from those same criticisms. Why should your particular idea get special status, and get to circumvent the standards that all other ideas are subject to? If special pleading arguments are allowed, then someone else could just as easily claim that the laws of evolution are eternal, and thus your complexity criticism doesn’t apply.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree