1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 00:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    When meat is cooked, a sweet savor goes up to God.
    hehehe. your god sure loves the smell of burning flesh.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 02:51
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    early humans didn't have agriculture, they were gatherers. when the technology of hunting was discovered, it vastly improved their nutrient intake and that's why it was essential for early development.

but in the modern world, with abundant and varied agriculture products, meat is no longer essential, it may even be detrimental...but it is still easy to acquire.
    Precisely. Both hunting and meat-eating may have been required in human evolution, but just as hunting is no longer required, too is meat-eating not required.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 08:38
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Precisely. Both hunting and meat-eating may have been required in human evolution, but just as hunting is no longer required, too is meat-eating not required.
    But it is not prohibited either.
  4. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:31
    Proteins serve to build muscle. Were it that you had to chase your food rather than drive to the store and buy it, eating meat would be more necessary. The same would be true if our wars were fought by swinging swords rather than pushing buttons: the society with access to proteins would have an advantage.

This is hardly 'evolution'.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:36
    You don't think hunting and meat-eating would be equally essential in human evolution? Did early man have fastfood burgers?
    Survival perhaps, but not evolution of the species.

Are we suggesting that early man could not have survived on vegetation only?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:402 edits
    The point in the OP is that meat eating is biologically essential for evolution; hunting has nothing to do with biology.

It's interesting how posters here compromise their view of evolution when modern day social acceptances are at stake.

We need meat to survive - it is the way our bodies have evolved. Accept it.
  7. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The point in the OP is that meant eating is biologically essential for evolution; hunting has nothing to do with biology.

It's interesting how posters here compromise their view of evolution when modern day social acceptances are at stake.

No, we don't need meat to survive. I know plenty of people that haven't had meat in decades yet still they live.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:00
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    No, we don't need meat to survive. I know plenty of people that haven't had meat in decades yet still they live.
    Our bodies are very adaptable. I also know people who have not eaten meat in decades and they certainly don't look like they are about to procreate. They are often ill or suffering from some skin condition. Basically they look like people who evolution has selected for extinction.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    When meat is cooked, a sweet savor goes up to God.
    Listen troll, stay out of my threads will you. Your idiocy pollutes this forum and disrespects my faith. Go talk to dasa.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:17
    The point in the OP is that meat eating is biologically essential for evolution; hunting has nothing to do with biology.

No; I think the point ia that meat-eating was essential for our evolution, not necessarily that it continues to be essential in our nutrition. But as Twitehead astutely observed, so was hunting. Does that mean we should still hunt?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:20
    Our bodies are very adaptable. I also know people who have not eaten meat in decades and they certainly don't look like they are about to procreate. They are often ill or suffering from some skin condition. Basically they look like people who evolution has selected for extinction.
    I am a vegetarian. I have perfectly healthy skin. I lift weights, run, practice contortion and do slalom skating. I have a haemoglobin count of 170, which is above average for a man, and I donate plasma every three weeks. Providing that a vegetarian eats a variety of foods, they can live quite healthily. I also know many eat-meaters who live off franfurts and salami, have pimples and are over-weight.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:22
    [b]The point in the OP is that meat eating is biologically essential for evolution; hunting has nothing to do with biology.

No; I think the point ia that meat-eating was essential for our evolution, not necessarily that it continues to be essential in our nutrition. But as Twitehead astutely observed, so was hunting. Does that mean we should still hunt?[/b]
    There is nothing 'astute' about it lol.

We no longer hunt because we have farms, abattoirs and supermarkets which provide us our MEAT.

Hello!
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:28
    I am a vegetarian. I have perfectly healthy skin. I lift weights, run, practice contortion and do slalom skating. I have a haemoglobin count of 170, which is above average for a man, and I donate plasma every three weeks. Providing that a vegetarian eats a variety of foods, they can live quite healthily. I also know many eat-meaters who live off franfurts and salami, have pimples and are over-weight.
    I can't argue with this; a balanced diet is essential.

I don't see this a black or white issue tbh, just a point that evolution allegedly demanded we eat meat and some of us now choose not to.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:41
    There is nothing 'astute' about it lol.

We no longer hunt because we have farms, abattoirs and supermarkets which provide us our MEAT.

Hello!
    Right, and we now have access to a wide variety of nuts, vegetables, fruits and legumes, even supplements if necessary, which provide us our required nutrients.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:42
    I can't argue with this; a balanced diet is essential.

I don't see this a black or white issue tbh, just a point that evolution allegedly demanded we eat meat and some of us now choose not to.
    Well, I don't think anyone is arguing the point that meat was required for our evolution. The point of contention is whether it is still required.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree