Evolution and meat: Berkeley University

Evolution and meat: Berkeley University

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
But how do you know this? You give no proof. I do not blindly accept
the Holy Bible. I do have my reasons for accepting it and it is not all
blind faith as many people seem to think. I don't understand how you
could know how many of those that compiled the Holy Bible were meat
eaters and how many were vegetarians. What about the ones that did
the ...[text shortened]... writers politically motivated and what did
they gain politically from writing what they wrote?
You can even go online and find out who complied the Kings James version of the Bible and they were not self realized persons and they did not have higher spiritual knowledge - they did not understand reincarnation and they fabricated most stories in the Bible.

In those days the merits of vegetarianism was not known and almost everyone was a meat eater.

The Vedas gives us the true understanding of religion and spirituality - and supporting animal slaughter immediately stamps any religion as false.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
You can even go online and find out who complied the Kings James version of the Bible and they were not self realized persons and they did not have higher spiritual knowledge - they did not understand reincarnation and they fabricated most stories in the Bible.
Did you just say that those who compiled the King James version of the Bible fabricated some of the stories, or am I misunderstanding you?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Did you just say that those who compiled the King James version of the Bible fabricated some of the stories, or am I misunderstanding you?
I stand corrected.

The first Bible compiled 400AD is where most fabrications were created.

I was not clear about that when mentioning the King James version.

You have to understand one important thing.

The Bible is claiming to be the word of God - *but because the actual truth of God and true spirituality is thoroughly know - then the Bible is absolutley fabricated because the word of God claimed in the Bible would not be in so much error.

The compilers of the King James must have had a hand in the greater part of this fabrication remembering that they are implicated in endorsing the earlier editions..

F

Moves
21 Sep 11

I stand corrected.

I was not clear about that when mentioning the King James version.

You have to understand one important thing.

The Bible is claiming to be the word of God - *but because the actual truth of God and true spirituality is thoroughly know - then the Bible is absol ...[text shortened]... art of this fabrication remembering that they are implicated in endorsing the earlier editions..
If I googled the internet I'd presumably find people who direct similar claims of fabrication at the Veda, so I can't see how your earnest assertion here amounts to anything. Many religionists like to poo-poo each others creeds and literature.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
If I googled the internet I'd presumably find people who direct similar claims of fabrication at the Veda, so I can't see how your earnest assertion here amounts to anything. Many religionists like to poo-poo each others creeds and literature.
I have told you before that there are basic maxims ( I called them universal truths) that must be there - to determine true and false religion.

The first basic maxim is........that any religion that supports animal slaughter is a false religion because true religion would absolutely recognizes the sacredness of all life.

There are many more maxims which would also determine true and false religion - I have only mentioned one.

Accepting these spiritual maxims is where honesty is required.

Any dishonest buffoon can reject true maxims.

We also see that false religion has only recently come to mankind in our recorded history - and true religion is eternal.

Why is true religion eternal?................because God is eternal.

How could any religion be true if it is not following and coming from that eternal being?

I have said before false religion and the Vedic teachings cannot be banded together..............it would be like banding together football and ping pong as contact sports.

F

Moves
21 Sep 11

I have told you before that there are basic maxims ( I called them universal truths) that must be there - to determine true and false religion.

The first basic maxim is........that any religion that supports animal slaughter is a false religion because true religion would absolutely recognizes the sacredness of all life.

There are many more maxims which w ...[text shortened]... ogether..............it would be like banding together football and ping pong as contact sports.
You are entitled to believe whatever you want to believe, Dasa. But all your subjective assertions about "universal truths" and "basic maxims" and "dishonest buffoons" has no traction with spiritual people who do not happen to submit to the alleged "authority" you have chosen to submit to.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Sep 11

Can you give an example of a fabrication contained in the Bible that was first written circa 400AD?

The compilers of the King James must have had a hand in the greater part of this fabrication remembering that they are implicated in endorsing the earlier editions..
I don't understand this logic. How could a compiler of the King James 'have a hand' in a fabrication that took place 1200 years before he was born?
If I endorse the King James Version, do I too have a hand in the fabrication?

F

Moves
22 Sep 11

This is a circular argument. It is an example of a logical fallacy. Dasa, do you know what a circular argument is?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Sep 11

Can you give an example of a fabrication contained in the Bible that was first written circa 400AD?

[b]The compilers of the King James must have had a hand in the greater part of this fabrication remembering that they are implicated in endorsing the earlier editions..

I don't understand this logic. How could a compiler of the King James 'have a ha ...[text shortened]... e he was born?
If I endorse the King James Version, do I too have a hand in the fabrication?[/b]
Practically the entire first edition of the Bible is a fabrication.

How do we know this?

Because the Bible contains so much error.

Just read the chapters where Moses is supposed to be talking to God........its absurd.

Nobody is talking to God.

The compilers of the King James have only the fabricated Hebrew scrolls and the early editions to use as source material - and because they are ignorant and unenlightened academics - they blindly accept these fabricated materials......and along with that they have their unique allowance for poetic licence and have absolute power to reject or accept certain texts at whim.

The missing books of the Bible- (Apocrypha) is there for all to see.

This is why the compilers are implicated in the fabrications of the Bible because they are endorsing the falsity in the early editions of the Bible.............they have no spiritual understanding due to ignorance - to realize that the early editions are fabricated - but do they care anyway.

The compilers of the King James have a hand in the fabrication through endorsement............they put pen to paper to create the current version - you did not.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Sep 11
1 edit

Practically the entire first edition of the Bible is a fabrication.
You are not answering my question.
I asked you to give an example of parts which where fabricated circa 400AD as you claimed.

How do we know this?

But it doesn't tell us when those errors were introduced.

The compilers of the King James have a hand in the fabrication through endorsement............they put pen to paper to create the current version - you did not.
So if I sign my copy thus not only endorsing it and putting pen to paper, do I have a hand in the fabrication? Do the compilers and translators of all the other English editions of the Bible also have a hand in the fabrication? Why are you focusing on the King James version?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Sep 11

You are not answering my question.
I asked you to give an example of parts which where fabricated circa 400AD as you claimed.

[b]How do we know this?

But it doesn't tell us when those errors were introduced.

The compilers of the King James have a hand in the fabrication through endorsement....... ...[text shortened]... the Bible also have a hand in the fabrication? Why are you focusing on the King James version?
I have given examples in previous posts where the Bible is presenting falsity.

You have see my postings before - where I have made some list of basic errors.

To realize what is falsity you first have to understand what is true.

You have argued in the past against what is true - so this will mean you will always have difficulty understanding what is false even when it is presented to you.

Those lists are still there somewhere and I will not post them up again simply to satisfy someone's curiosity.

F

Moves
22 Sep 11

Those lists are still there somewhere and I will not post them up again simply to satisfy someone's curiosity.
It's more likely that you don't want to post them up again because you know that your "lists" comprise circular arguments and are not "examples of falsity" in the conventional meaning of those words.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Sep 11

I have given examples in previous posts where the Bible is presenting falsity.
You are still not answering my question. I am not asking whether the Bible is true or false or for examples of bits where it is false. I am asking you to give an example of parts which where fabricated circa 400AD as you claimed.
Alternatively you could admit that you do not think they were fabricated circa 400AD and you made an error or were unclear about what you meant. (as you did with your original King James claim.)

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Sep 11

You are still not answering my question. I am not asking whether the Bible is true or false or for examples of bits where it is false. I am asking you to give an example of parts which where fabricated circa 400AD as you claimed.
Alternatively you could admit that you do not think they were fabricated circa 400AD and you made an error or were unclear about what you meant. (as you did with your original King James claim.)
I have just finished telling you that the section where Moses is talking to God is fabricated.

No one is talking to God.

Cape Town

Moves
22 Sep 11
1 edit

I have just finished telling you that the section where Moses is talking to God is fabricated.

No one is talking to God.
And you are still avoiding answering my question.
It seems you are just one of those people who just cant admit when they are wrong.

I guess it would play havoc with your "every body but me is a lying, cheating ..." formula.