Evolution Cruncher

Evolution Cruncher

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
23 Jun 05
1 edit

Originally posted by dj2becker
I posted it earlier on but I suppose you missed it. It is layed out in on this site:http://www.trueorigin.org/abio.asp

By the way, you cannot shift the burden of proof on me. You are the one who is supposed to prove that it is possible in the first place. Until then it is still an impossibility.
How about this; it's possible that it's possible.

Dj, you keep talking about how things are impossible. This is a definite position which you must prove. The nonexistence of God is also something people must prove if they state it as a definite fact.

I have really lost pretty much all respect for you. Don't expect any serious effort from me in response to your posts any more. I am going to point out when you're being an idiot and how on occasion because you post so much and people need to be reminded there are those of us who can show why you're wrong, and that may be all that you get from me. Until recently you plagiarized like crazy, you're extremely ignorant and overbearing in your stupidity, and you don't deserve any respectful posting from me in the future.

M

Moves
23 Jun 05

Anybody out there still believe in evolution?

I suggest you read "Evolution Cruncher"

http://evolution-facts.org/Cruncher%20TOC.htm
Who cares? What difference does it really make where we came from?

What is happening in your life right now?

There is an old saying -- "When caught in a burning building, never mind how the fire started. Just get the heck out."

The human dilemma of stupidity and unconsciousness is similar to be caught in a burning building. Perhaps we should concern ourselves with getting out of this rat-trap, rather than how it all "came to be", or where it is all "going".

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis

There is an old saying -- "When caught in a burning building, never mind how the fire started. Just get the heck out."

The human dilemma of stupidity and unconsciousness is similar to be caught in a burning building. Perhaps we should ...[text shortened]... ting out of this rat-trap, rather than how it all "came to be", or where it is all "going".
What's the sense of getting them out of the building?
The exit was opened 2000 years ago but they, prefering the warmth of the fire, refuse to look for it.

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
How about this; it's possible that it's possible.

Dj, you keep talking about how things are impossible. This is a definite position which you must prove. The nonexistence of God is also something people must prove if they state it as a definite fact.

I have really lost pretty much all respect for you. Don't expect any serious effort from m ...[text shortened]... rbearing in your stupidity, and you don't deserve any respectful posting from me in the future.
How about this; it's possible that it's possible

True. But what I am saying is that the posssibility is so small that it makes it an impossibility. If something had a 0.0000000001% chance of happening you could rightly say that there is a possibility, but you should also be able to figure out that it is more of an impossibility.

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by Metamorphosis

The human dilemma of stupidity and unconsciousness is similar to be caught in a burning building. Perhaps we should ...[text shortened]... ting out of this rat-trap, rather than how it all "came to be", or where it is all "going".

It makes a big difference where we came from, whether you want to believe it or not. If evolution is true then it means that we are just a simple arrangement of chemicals with no purpose in life. We can basically do what we like without being accountable to anyone and without having any moral standard whatsoever.

But if evolution is not true, and God in fact created us it means we are accountable to Him. And that is of course why everybody would prefer to believe in evolution.

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion
Did you lose a carat on during transport?

Should it read "10^9" or are evolutionists only positing 109 years?

Also, you again have failed to supply what I ask. I am not asking you to give me declaration of what some guy says. I want either a link to the actual calculation, from which the assumptions that give rise to the sample space, fields, and ...[text shortened]... ons yourself. Hint: You may need to try a different method than cut n paste for this exercise.
I think you are being unreasonable. I am quoting a source which I have given you. If you want to know more about it, here is a site:
http://home.wxs.nl/~gkorthof/kortho33.htm

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
23 Jun 05

If evolution is true then it means that we are just a simple arrangement of chemicals with no purpose in life. We can basically do what we like without being accountable to anyone and without having any moral standard whatsoever.
No, it doesn't. No, we can't. When you assert things like this you sound like an ignorant child.

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
What sense does it make to view one test tube and say it will be near impossible , when the size of the original system was the entire planet?
I've said life from non-life is a certainty, period.
For you to maintain that life didn't start in it's constituent matter, is actually absurd.
The theoretics of whether a particular experimen ...[text shortened]... forgot this,,, We already HAVE the outcome of the original system , WE are part of it.
I've said life from non-life is a certainty, period.

And I have quoted from a sourse written by someone with a PhD. So it is your words against His. You have also failed to invalidate anything that he has said and you have not adressed any of the issues that he has clearly pointed out. You are simply producing red herrings with ever post. I will ignore posts that are off topic in the future.

Moves
23 Jun 05

Originally posted by bbarr
No, it doesn't. No, we can't. When you assert things like this you sound like an ignorant child.
What is your purpose in life. To whom are you accountable and where do you get your moral standard?

Ask Hitler and Stalin. They were both firm believers in evolution.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
23 Jun 05
1 edit

What is your purpose in life. To whom are you accountable and where do you get your moral standard?

Ask Hitler and Stalin. They were both firm believers in evolution.
My purpose in life is to flourish as a human being, to be a good husband, a good friend, and someday a good father. I am accountable to myself and my conscience, as well as to those my actions affect. I get my moral standard from thinking clearly about what I ought to do.

You, on the other hand, get your purpose handed to you. Your purpose is merely to glorify another; to act in accord with His whims. In that respect, you are nothing but a slave. You are accountable to Him, regardless of what your conscience suggests. Thus, the only way you can avoid deep alienation from your own conscience is to twist it until it perfectly mirrors what you take to be His will. That is, your enslavement is also one of the mind. Too bad, really. You're only 19 and it is clear already just how much damage this belief system has done to you.

Moves
23 Jun 05

My purpose in life is to flourish as a human being, to be a good husband, a good friend, and someday a good father. I am accountable to myself and my conscience, as well as to those my actions affect. I get my moral standard from thinking clearly about what I ought to do.

You, on the other hand, get your purpose handed to you. Your purpose is merely to g ...[text shortened]... u're only 19 and it is clear already just how much damage this belief system has done to you.
I get my moral standard from thinking clearly about what I ought to do.

How can you trust your thoughts if you believe that they are simply the product of random chance and a few compounds?

In that respect, you are nothing but a slave.

Are you not also a slave of your thoughts and your conscience?

L

Moves
23 Jun 05

Are you not also a slave of your thoughts and your conscience?
that's the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. that's like saying a nonconformist is conforming to nonconformity. patently absurd.

Moves
23 Jun 05

You, on the other hand, get your purpose handed to you. Your purpose is merely to g ...[text shortened]... u're only 19 and it is clear already just how much damage this belief system has done to you.
You are accountable to Him, regardless of what your conscience suggests.

What makes you sure that God is not the one who has given you a conscience?

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
23 Jun 05

[b]You are accountable to Him, regardless of what your conscience suggests.

What makes you sure that God is not the one who has given you a conscience?[/b]
Why would that matter? Even if God gave me my conscience, it is my conscience that I follow regardless of what scripture says or what you fundamentalist wingnuts claim about morality.

My conscience says that homosexual marriage is no worse than heterosexual marriage; that abortion in the first two trimesters is fine, that women are not to be treated as breeding chattel, that forms of worship are less important than the earnestness and humility of the seeker, and so on.

If God agrees, great. If God disagrees, then He can bugger off.

Moves
23 Jun 05
1 edit

Why would that matter? Even if God gave me my conscience, it is my conscience that I follow regardless of what scripture says or what you fundamentalist wingnuts claim about morality.

My conscience says that homosexual marriage is no wo ...[text shortened]...
If God agrees, great. If God disagrees, then He can bugger off.
What makes you sure that your conscience has not been blunted by your disregard towards God who gave it to you to be used in conjunction with His will for your life?

ps: did you miss this question?:

How can you trust your thoughts if you believe that they are simply the product of random chance and a few compounds?