Evolution Cruncher

Evolution Cruncher

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
Lost

Copenhagen

Moves
03 Jun 05

Originally posted by yousers
When I say improbable I am referring to the most common explanation for the formation of these "irreducibly complex" structures. It has been shown that some of the components of the bacterial flagella, blood clotting cascade, and other examples presented by Behe could have been or are present in other systems. So the basic idea is that the components of ...[text shortened]... structure which is advantageous. I am a little wary of the chances of such an event occurring.
You are a rare kind yousers. You actually seem to reflect over the things being presented to you from the evolution point of view. And you give a well balanced answer with your concerns!
A lot of ID & Creationist supporters could learn from that, well done.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
04 Jun 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
You are a rare kind yousers. You actually seem to reflect over the things being presented to you from the evolution point of view. And you give a well balanced answer with your concerns!
Anyone who wants to sign on to the ID movement should read the Discovery Institute's "Wedge" document. It was leaked anonymously about 6 years ago from the DI.

Here is a short article explaining its origin.

http://www.infidels.org/secular_web/feature/1999/wedge.html

and here is the document for your own reading pleasure (horror)

http://www.kcfs.org/Fliers_articles/Wedge.html

I don't see how anyone who reads the Wedge can still believe that ID is just about questioning macroevolution or that it isn't a religous movement.

If one is passionate about how life evolved, study biology. Learn the theories. Question and advance them. Don't get sucked into a cult led by some mid-tier evangelical professors.

Oh and if they plan to introduce ID into the field of economics (which they suggest), I am going to wipe the floor with their presumptuous behinds! Can't explain the Equity Premium Puzzle? An "intelligent designer did it." Why do real exchange rates move with macroeconomic indicators in the long run but are completely uncorrelated in the short run? Demons mess with it.

Bring it on, Dr. Meyer. I'll be ready.

y

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by nickybutt
Thank you sir, and that is precisely what I am trying to do.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
John 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

Try to understand. In order to believe you need faith.
you try and understand Christ does NOT make salvation conditional on faith , belief or "works".

Matthew 25 clearly defines the conditions.

Thinking you're a member of an exclusive club gets you squat.

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
you try and understand Christ does NOT make salvation conditional on faith , belief or "works".

I have pointed out many times that Christ refers in many other texts what is needs to happen in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, not only in one part in Matthew 25...

I agree with you:

Thinking you're a member of an exclusive Matthew 25 club gets you squat.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
06 Jun 05

I have pointed out many times that Christ refers in many other texts what is needs to happen in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, not only in one part in Matthew 25...

I agree with you:

Thinking you're a member of an exclusive Matthew 25 club gets you squat.
Exclusivity is your claim not mine, nor is it a part of the word of the Kingdom .
I cannot explain it to you, since you are to attain your own understanding of the Word, all that anyone can do for you is make you aware that Christ said what he said .
You can read it for yourself, which is something most people couldn't do in Christ's time.
I ask you : What did Christ need disciples for, if it wasn't to spread His word?
The answer to that simple question explains why nobody has been empowered by Him to decipher the word of the Kingdom.
Spread it , yes, by all means : Add to it? No not ever , not by anybody.
Do not confuse Paul's or anybody's thinking on the word with the word itself!

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
06 Jun 05

Originally posted by frogstomp

Mat. 25 talks about the final step, but it is only a small part, and is not sufficient in itself for understanding the work of Christ and God's will for man. All of the bible is God's word. Although a few heretics and demons think that only the quotes count.

Moves
07 Jun 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Mat. 25 talks about the final step, but it is only a small part, and is not sufficient in itself for understanding the work of Christ and God's will for man. All of the bible is God's word. Although a few heretics and demons think that only the quotes count.
Some demons are very good at quoting Matthew 25🙂

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jun 05

Yes, demons just love quoting the words of Jesus! Why? If it is so easy to twist these words, you're all in the devil's hands.

Moves
07 Jun 05

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Yes, demons just love quoting the words of Jesus! Why? If it is so easy to twist these words, you're all in the devil's hands.
Where did we twist any words?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jun 05

Where did we twist any words?
Easy for demons, not you.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jun 05
1 edit

It's a shame that you fight the words of Christ with your egoistic ravings , better wise up kiddo. Paul can't save you.
If you read the words enough maybe you will understand them.

g

Moves
08 Jun 05

John 3:12 "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

Try to understand. In order to believe you need faith.
Whenever you speak, or whatever you do you will be judged by the law of love.... the law that set you free.

What's the use of saying you have faith if you don't prove it by your actions? ....That kind of faith can't save anyone.

It isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is no faith at all........it is dead and useless.

Some people have faith.....others have good deeds... one can't see your faith if you don't have good deeds.... but faith can be shown with good deeds....

The Book of James Chapter 2
New Living Translation

"For there will be no mercy for you if you have not been merciful
to others. But if you have been merciful, then God's mercy
toward you will win out over his judgment against you."

KJVJames II 2:26

"2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

gil

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jun 05

Getting back to the cruncher,, Show me the data this "Cruncher" is drawing this conclusion from, also remember this cruncher is based solely on a probability not on the possibility. In fact it not only conceeds the possibility it supports it.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
08 Jun 05

Originally posted by telerion
Anyone who wants to sign on to the ID movement should read the Discovery Institute's "Wedge" document. It was leaked anonymously about 6 years ago from the DI.

Here is a short article explaining its origin.

http://www.infidels.org/secular_web/feature/1999/wedge.html

and here is the document for your own reading pleasure (horror)

http://www ...[text shortened]... correlated in the short run? Demons mess with it.

Bring it on, Dr. Meyer. I'll be ready.
Brownian Motion