1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 Feb '12 21:55
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2011/08/03/what-home-looked-like-for-seven-million-years/


    You guys can discuss this as I know where it will go and probably will not comment but I was just doing a little research on this so called "FACT" of evolution. I've pointed this out many times but just had to post this example of the facts which in reality, there aren't any.
    I've highligted the few words I always find so conviencing that it is truly fact now and not a "theory" anymore.



    (Chances) are we split from other apes in the forest, Lieberman told me. He notes that chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas all live in the forest today. The fact that we don’t find early forest hominins is probably due to the fact that closed forests are lousy places for fossils to form. It’s probably no coincidence that scientists have found practically hardly any fossils of chimps or gorillas. They’ve lived in the wrong place.

    Another crucial fact to consider is that the earliest known hominins have a number of features that (hint) that they were no longer knuckle walkers. A number of researchers (argue) that while they couldn’t walk as fast as we can and (probably) couldn’t run at all, they were already bipedal. So even though the earliest hominin fossils come from lightly wooded East African grasslands, Lieberman (suspects) that the origin of bipedalism took place earlier, and it took place in forests elsewhere on the continent. Another paleoanthropologist, John Fleagle, expressed a similar sentiment to me.

    Lieberman (suggests) that the earliest hominins adapted to the margins of those early forests, where they had to travel further from tree to tree to find fruit. He and his colleagues have found that it’s four times more efficient for a human to walk a given distance than it is for an ape to knucklewalk. Saving energy on these trips could have translated into more babies.

    By about seven million years ago, studies like Cerling’s now (suggests), hominins were already moving around on two legs through open woodlands. Hominins evolved to be more efficient walkers. They also acquired big teeth and jaws. Lieberman (argues) that hominins need this new mouth equipment so that they didn’t have to rely on fruit alone. They could also chew on harder, tougher plants like tubers, which served as fall-back foods in the open woodlands.

    Although tree cover increased for a couple million years, forests never came to dominate the East African landscape in the past seven million years. And when open grasslands returned with a vengeance, hominins underwent a dramatic change. They got tall and acquired traits that Lieberman argues were adaptations for running. Their teeth and jaws got small; their snouts disappeared.

    Lieberman (argues) that this change marks a new way in which hominins coped with the increasing grasslands: they became hunter-gatherers, traveling long distances to stalk game. And once they began to enjoy this high-protein diet, one more change occurred: the energy-hungry hominin brain was able to expand towards its current size.

    But he is quick to point out that there are some important facts about hominin evolution (that don’t fit) neatly into the scenario he sketched out for me, and a lot of other crucial facts that (remain) to be discovered. (Anybody who isn’t confused doesn’t know what’s going on),” he said. At least scientists now have a better backdrop for finding out exactly what did happen on the way to Homo sapiens.

    Hummm, with the words I've highlighted, it sounds like a fact and a sure thing to me!!!!!
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    08 Feb '12 22:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2011/08/03/what-home-looked-like-for-seven-million-years/


    You guys can discuss this as I know where it will go and probably will not comment but I was just doing a little research on this so called "FACT" of evolution. I've pointed this out many times but just had to post this example of the facts which in rea ...[text shortened]... ummm, with the words I've highlighted, it sounds like a fact and a sure thing to me!!!!!
    We definitely evolved. Nobody knows the precise course or details of the mechanisms (yet, anyway), but the only way to deny the evidence is to believe in a 'trickster' god.
  3. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    08 Feb '12 23:58
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    We definitely evolved. Nobody knows the precise course or details of the mechanisms (yet, anyway), but the only way to deny the evidence is to believe in a 'trickster' god.
    Proof? Doesn't exist............. I just found out that on the planet there aren't more then 3K so called early human bones that exist and even then they say it's hit and miss at best if these are even close to belonging to any supposed early human. Keep dreaming....
  4. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Feb '12 00:27
    evolution is not just about the human story.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    09 Feb '12 00:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Proof? Doesn't exist............. I just found out that on the planet there aren't more then 3K so called early human bones that exist and even then they say it's hit and miss at best if these are even close to belonging to any supposed early human. Keep dreaming....
    dude you can fit them all on a medium sized coffee table.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    09 Feb '12 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/2011/08/03/what-home-looked-like-for-seven-million-years/


    You guys can discuss this as I know where it will go and probably will not comment but I was just doing a little research on this so called "FACT" of evolution. I've pointed this out many times but just had to post this example of the facts which in rea ummm, with the words I've highlighted, it sounds like a fact and a sure thing to me!!!!!
    They throw around "miliions of years" like that was "a sure fact" too. I guess
    just by them saying it makes it "fact", huh?
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Feb '12 00:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They throw around "miliions of years" like that was "a sure fact" too. I guess
    just by them saying it makes it "fact", huh?
    It seems that's all they need is to "make it so"....
  8. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Feb '12 01:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    It seems that's all they need is to "make it so"....
    it does seem pretty bad doesn't it.

    but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of evolution evidence, look at that twig in your hand with incredulous astonishment and declare "why look at this, there simply isn't enough evidence here to justify evolution theory! bad scientists!"

    yessir. when you build a scarecrow, it's suddenly a lot simpler to justify your ignorance. well done.
  9. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Feb '12 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it does seem pretty bad doesn't it.

    but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of evolution evidence, look at that twig in your hand with incredulous astonishment and declare "why look at this, there simply isn't enough evidence here to justify evolution theory! bad scientists!"

    yessir. when you build a scarecrow, it's suddenly a lot simpler to justify your ignorance. well done.
    but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of evolution evidence, look at that twig in your hand with incredulous astonishment and declare "why look at this, there simply isn't enough evidence here to justify evolution theory! bad scientists!"

    Or....but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of "creations" evidence, look at that twig in your hand with incredulous astonishment and declare "why look at this, there "is" simply enough evidence here to unjustify the evolution theory! bad scientists!"

    So back to you: yessir. when you build an evoluntionary scarecrow, it's suddenly a lot simpler to justify your ignorance. well done
  10. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    09 Feb '12 02:20
    Originally posted by galveston75
    but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of evolution evidence, look at that twig in your hand with incredulous astonishment and declare "why look at this, there simply isn't enough evidence here to justify evolution theory! bad scientists!"

    Or....but then again, you break off a tiny twig from the huge tree of "creations" evidence ...[text shortened]... luntionary scarecrow, it's suddenly a lot simpler to justify your ignorance. well done
    you really pride yourself on the ignorance that you have found, don't you?
  11. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Feb '12 02:46
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you really pride yourself on the ignorance that you have found, don't you?
    No pride here just interested in truth.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    09 Feb '12 03:052 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No pride here just interested in truth.
    I wish you were also interested in the truth about the Watchtower's
    false teachings. I am sure this statement is going to make you angry
    at me, but I believe it must be said.

    P.S.
    http://www.dianedew.com/jwfalset.htm
    I am more concerned about you than him. Just let him go to hell
    if he wishes not to listen. I think you are worth saving.
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    09 Feb '12 04:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I wish you were also interested in the truth about the Watchtower's
    false teachings. I am sure this statement is going to make you angry
    at me, but I believe it must be said.

    P.S.
    http://www.dianedew.com/jwfalset.htm
    I am more concerned about you than him. Just let him go to hell
    if he wishes not to listen. I think you are worth saving.
    Thanks but no need to look it up. The few I've looked at have never been truthful and I know this one wouldn't either. If one wants to discredit any organization then they will find a way. No human on this planet is perfect and likewise no man running any organization is perfect.
    But the thing you and the others miss are the 'fruits" it produces. Jesus never said the "fruits" would be perfect, but they would be doing what Jesus said to do. No one else is doing those things so Im very happy with who I'm associated with.
    Now lets get back to the thread.....
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    09 Feb '12 05:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I've highligted the few words I always find so conviencing that it is truly fact now and not a "theory" anymore.

    Hummm, with the words I've highlighted, it sounds like a fact and a sure thing to me!!!!!
    Go through what you posted, and check whether any of the words highlighted are referring directly to the theory of evolution. If they are not, then you don't have a case, and are either being dishonest, or were so desperate to prove evolution wrong, you didn't realise your error.
    Consider this analogy:
    It is a known fact that humans built the pyramids.
    It is (believed) that they were built by the ancient Egyptians. They are (thought) to have been built by slave labour. Some scientists (argue) that it would have taken thousands of people to build each pyramid and the (it is likely) that thousands died during the construction. The design of the pyramids (suggests) that they were primarily tombs for Pharaohs.
    Do you now dispute that humans built the pyramids?
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    09 Feb '12 05:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Just let him go to hell if he wishes not to listen.
    Nothing like Christian compassion for lost souls. 🙄
Back to Top