1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 17:201 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    "To THEIR god"? Their god is different from YOUR god? Sounds like you feel superior in your religious delusions to their religious delusions.
    Their God is the Father and my God is the Son. There is really only one
    God but in three persons. The Jews do not recognize the Son as God.
    They only worship the Father as God.

P.S. At present all authority in heaven and earth has been given to the Son.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 18:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Go through what you posted, and check whether any of the words highlighted are referring directly to the theory of evolution. If they are not, then you don't have a case, and are either being dishonest, or were so desperate to prove evolution wrong, you didn't realise your error.
    Consider this analogy:
    It is a known fact that humans built the pyramids. ...[text shortened]... at they were primarily tombs for Pharaohs.
    Do you now dispute that humans built the pyramids?
    Not at all. We know it was built by humans. That my friend is a FACT.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No pride here just interested in truth.
    if you were interested in truth, you wouldn't have made the scarecrow argument in your OP. you cannot dismiss the vast body of evidence for evolution and declare the whole thing false by focusing on only a small portion of available evidence... well you can, but nobody is going to take you seriously except your fellows who adhere to the same pride of ignorance.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    if you were interested in truth, you wouldn't have made the scarecrow argument in your OP. you cannot dismiss the vast body of evidence for evolution and declare the whole thing false by focusing on only a small portion of available evidence... well you can, but nobody is going to take you seriously except your fellows who adhere to the same pride of ignorance.
    That goes for you guys too. We see what you call vast body of evidence as
    either misrepresentations or poor interpretation of the evidence. We have
    a truth meter to measure what is really fact and what is fiction. Evolution
    falls on the fiction side. 😏
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    In books is the only place you will find evolution, for it does not happen
    in real life. (idiot smug face deleted)

P.S. So who is the real liar? I think more fingers point to Proper Knob.
    For a proven cheat and liar you sure do make a lot of accusations about other people's probity.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:17
    Honestly, how blinkered do you have to be to prefer to believe in a god who has deliberately created evidence to fool humanity should they engage in scientific enquiry rather than simply accept the data recovered on face value?

How crazy is it to take a bunch of stories from one single pre-scientific culture and hold that as more likely truth than the entire fruits of scientific endeavour of humankind over the last two centuries?

Why do you even think you can find god in scripture? You baffle me. I work with children and mental people who behave more rationally.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:53
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Honestly, how blinkered do you have to be to prefer to believe in a god who has deliberately created evidence to fool humanity should they engage in scientific enquiry rather than simply accept the data recovered on face value?

How crazy is it to take a bunch of stories from one single pre-scientific culture and hold that as more likely truth than ...[text shortened]... in scripture? You baffle me. I work with children and mental people who behave more rationally.
    The truth is that the data is not accepted on face value, because the
    evolutionists manipulate and interprete it to agree with their world
    view and when they are challenged they resort to calling those that
    challenge them religionists so that their views do not count as science.
    Very hypocritical I would say. No evidence has been deliberately
    created by God to fool man. Man is fooling himself with his unbelief.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 21:04
    The truth is that the data is not accepted on face value, because the
    evolutionists manipulate and interprete it to agree with their world
    view and when they are challenged they resort to calling those that
    challenge them religionists so that their views do not count as science.
    Very hypocritical I would say. No evidence has been deliberately
    created by God to fool man. Man is fooling himself with his unbelief.
    You're an idiot Hinds. You and Dasa blather on with these ridiculous assertions about 'evolutionists' 'manipulating' the data and it's bollocks, pal, just pure bollocks. If this evidence were able to be manipulated in the manner you suggest a million scientists would immediately publish papers crying foul and make their name over it. It hasn't happened, because they're all doing their best to critically analyse whatever data is produced while everyone else in their field is just waiting for them to put so much as a word out of place so they can jump on their error and aggrandise themselves. If you spent half as much effort in just reading reputable science rather than wallowing in those moronic creationist websites you're so fond of you'd know all this yourself and you wouldn't keep making such a colossal dickhead of yourself. No offence intended.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 21:05
    How do you know all this when you have read zero books on the subject?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 21:34
    Just watched a new show by NatGeo on "The 2 million year old boy".
    Before they get to this new discover that happened a few years ago of this new missing link which looks like a monkey to me, one should watch this and really listen to these experts on evolution explain how few and how weak the existing evidence is that connects us to our so called primate ancestors. In fact this coffee table size area that would hold the amount of so called evidence that Robbie mentioned is really down to a shoe box size. This is directly said by the father of the boy that found this so called missing link.
    So from these experts confessing this, it is amazing how so many evolutionist can say this is a FACT. What a joke.....
    I would suggest that all should watch this, and I'm curious for the responces from the evolutionist here and how they will now try and discredit what was said by these experts.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 21:49
    Just watched a new show by NatGeo on "The 2 million year old boy".
    Before they get to this new discover that happened a few years ago of this new missing link which looks like a monkey to me, one should watch this and really listen to these experts on evolution explain how few and how weak the existing evidence is that connects us to our so called pri ...[text shortened]... the evolutionist here and how they will now try and discredit what was said by these experts.
    You see, the mistake you're making there is that you are talking from a position of ignorance. There is not a great deal of agreement regarding the precise details of our evolution, but there are a hell of a lot more human ancestor fossils than would fit on a coffee table. Here's a site showing some of the more significant finds.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/specimen.html

Note that these are mainly skulls and skull fragments. There are boxes and boxes of other fossils, long bones, ribs, vertebrae etc. which are less significant because they are less suitable for precise species identification.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You see, the mistake you're making there is that you are talking from a position of ignorance. There is not a great deal of agreement regarding the precise details of our evolution, but there are a hell of a lot more human ancestor fossils than would fit on a coffee table. Here's a site showing some of the more significant finds.

http://www.talkor ...[text shortened]... which are less significant because they are less suitable for precise species identification.
    Good contradiction of these other experts. Just what I expected form such a non ignorant expert person as yourself.

I think it's hilarious how you guys answer when the facts are truly shown to you and how ignorant we are for showing it to you. How dare us!!!!! Lol
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 03:02
    this coming from someone who believes in a book of myths and folk tales.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 03:06
    Good contradiction of these other experts. Just what I expected form such a non ignorant expert person as yourself.

I think it's hilarious how you guys answer when the facts are truly shown to you and how ignorant we are for showing it to you. How dare us!!!!! Lol
    what evidence are you showing? do you believe evolution theory is entirely based on some ancient human fossils? did you not understand the concept of breaking a twig off the limb of a tree i mentioned before? it sure seems that way the way you continue using the same fallacy.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Feb '12 06:16
    Not at all. We know it was built by humans. That my friend is a FACT.
    So do you now agree with me that the argument you attempted in your OP if faulty? Do you agree that your OP does not in any way shed doubt on the Theory of Evolution?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree