Evolutionists Appropriating ID?

Evolutionists Appropriating ID?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Aug 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
1. Where does starlight come from?
Answer stars.
2. How does it get to us?
Answer at the speed of light.

Yet you claim that we cannot know this without personally witnessing it all. Oddly enough you probably dispute 2. but not 1. even thought there is plenty of evidence for both. The only real difference is that 1. does not directly come in conflict ...[text shortened]... don't realise is that if we are all wrong about 2. then we are probably also all wrong about 1.
I believe you have a strong point here.
Where I see the difference is again we what we have seen to what we believe has
occured. How long ago and how did the stars get there which again goes back to
what we were talking about? If you believe the stars all just formed and started
about the same time....you are just going to be believing something you cannot
prove. We can see bones in bodies, we know there are processes that cause them
to become fossils under certain conditions. The debate can center on how long did
it take and how old are the fossils, but neither of those debates change the core
points we agree on this happened to the bones and they are fossils.

Do I think even what I believe about fossils is also faith, yes.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Aug 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
I do not know I'm wrong I'm quite content knowing I'm right. There is no way
the things that evolution is being credited for could happen under the conditions
that it has been suggested. Just as I believe God can create life and give us
the freedom to make our own choices I do not believe nothing can cause all
things to appear and with no direction ...[text shortened]... is
grand amount of life around that evolutionist want to give credit to nothing
for.
Kelly[/b]
Just out of curiosity, what would you think if life were found on Mars, or say in the ice on Europa? Would it matter if those life forms were found to be based on Earthy DNA?

Or if it wasn't?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Aug 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Just out of curiosity, what would you think if life were found on Mars, or say in the ice on Europa? Would it matter if those life forms were found to be based on Earthy DNA?

Or if it wasn't?
I don't know what it'd prove one way or another if life were found on Mars.
Now if a space ship landed and some guys/gals/whatever got out and started
a conversation, wow! I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. 🙂
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Aug 12

I don't know what it'd prove one way or another if life were found on Mars.
Now if a space ship landed and some guys/gals/whatever got out and started
a conversation, wow! I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. 🙂
Kelly
If life were found on other planets or moons, wouldn't that say something about the secrecy of your god? Not revealing there were other worlds out there and they had life on them?

Cape Town

Moves
12 Aug 12
2 edits

How long ago and how did the stars get there which again goes back to
what we were talking about?
I say that how the stars got there is totally irrelevant. You say that it is essential for any knowledge at all. You have failed to substantiate your claim.
I say that we can see with our own eyes (through a telescope) over a billion stars in our galaxy and over a billion galaxies. Sure we cant count them ourselves, (due to time constraints) but if we look at any patch of sky we see them and can easily estimate the total number (much higher than the figures I have given). Now either we are totally wrong about what stars are and what light is or we are seeing stars that are a very very long way a way. There is simply no way that a billion billion stars would fit into a 10,000 light year radius. So either we are seeing things that are older than 10,000 years or there is something about the physics of it all that we are totally wrong about. And we would have to be so, so wrong that we would have to rewrite astronomy.

If you believe the stars all just formed and started about the same time....you are just going to be believing something you cannot prove.
And nobody believes that, so why bring it up? Why not at least discuss scenarios that someone believes.

We can see bones in bodies, we know there are processes that cause them
to become fossils under certain conditions.

How do you know this? There is no written record to that effect. You have claimed that one cannot know something without either knowing the origin of the universe or having a written record. Or do you accept scientific evidence when it suits you and not when it doesn't suit you?

The debate can center on how long did it take and how old are the fossils, but neither of those debates change the core
points we agree on this happened to the bones and they are fossils.

But why do we agree? Why do you accept that fossils are the result of bones? Is it that the evidence is so strong that you find it undeniable, or is it that it doesn't conflict with your religion?

Do I think even what I believe about fossils is also faith, yes.
Kelly

But is it well founded faith, or no different from believing in fairy tales?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Aug 12

If life were found on other planets or moons, wouldn't that say something about the secrecy of your god? Not revealing there were other worlds out there and they had life on them?
It ain't gonna happen.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Aug 12

I say that how the stars got there is totally irrelevant. You say that it is essential for any knowledge at all. You have failed to substantiate your claim.
I say that we can see with our own eyes (through a telescope) over a billion stars in our galaxy and over a billion galaxies. Sure we cant count them ourselves, (due to time constraints) but if we lo ...[text shortened]... yes.
Kelly

But is it well founded faith, or no different from believing in fairy tales?[/b]
Believing in evolution is no different from believing in fairy tales.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, I did. Many geologists are also evolutionists, right?
many of them are christians.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
many of them are christians.
Thank God for that. HalleuYah !!! Praise the Lord!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Aug 12

yes, and they believe the earth is billions of years old. you should listen to them, you just might learn something.

eh, maybe i'm expecting too much.

Moves
13 Aug 12

almost every country in the world produces geologists, how does the evolution conspiracy manage to get a hold of them and make them follow the party line. regardless of the financial benefits that would come with disproving evolution.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
yes, and they believe the earth is billions of years old. you should listen to them, you just might learn something.

eh, maybe i'm expecting too much.
A true Christian would not believe that. Only those deceived by Satan the devil would believe such things.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
almost every country in the world produces geologists, how does the evolution conspiracy manage to get a hold of them and make them follow the party line. regardless of the financial benefits that would come with disproving evolution.
Satan's deception. 😏

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 12

I'm not sure what you'd think the issue would be with that? There are a lot of things
I don't know, there are a lot of things you don't know, there are a lot of things all
of us don't know. If we found life else where, well we would have uncovered a new
data point we didn't have before.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Aug 12

I say that we can see with our own eyes (through a telescope) over a billion stars in our galaxy and over a billion galaxies. Sure we cant count them ourselves, (due to time constraints) but if we lo ...[text shortened]... yes.
Kelly

But is it well founded faith, or no different from believing in fairy tales?[/b]
"I say that how the stars got there is totally irrelevant."

I'm just blown away you'd say that since how they got there is everything to
understanding how long they have been there. Without that data point you can
look and measure anything you want and it will not answer how long they have
been there! You don't know what piece of information you need before you shows
you how long they have been there, and if you don't care I would say you are not
interested in the question and are willing casting a blind eye to the debate.
Kelly