1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '12 00:36
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Gman, slowly walk away from the PC, take a deep breath and think of The Paradise
    earth, building your own home, playing with your great great great great grandchildren
    and then think of the enmity that divesgeester, kev57 and Rajk have caused with their
    articles taken out of context accompanied by lies from articles that they have never
    read, ...[text shortened]... nk of how they two scenarios made you feel. People always
    remember how we made them feel. 😀
    Thanks Brother. I did as my son came over to visit and I feel so much better now. 🙂
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '12 02:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    there is no disunity among us, one world wide united and happy family. Sure ignore
    the Bibles counsel establish your own criteria, I can see you and divesgeester, heads
    shaved, orange smock, pinging a triangle, come and join the church or Rajgeester,
    ping ping! Go away and learn what these verses mean.

(John 7:18) . . .He that speaks of hi ...[text shortened]... with such a man.

(1 Corinthians 5:13) . . .“Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves.”
    I don't see where the Bible says:

"he that chosses to leave your assembly shall be classed as an 'apostate' and a 'hater of god' as they have 'turned their backs on Jehovah'. Have nothing to do with such a person even if they are your own flesh and blood, as such peaple shall be called the 'mentally diseased'."
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 May '12 03:20
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't see where the Bible says:

"he that chosses to leave your assembly shall be classed as an 'apostate' and a 'hater of god' as they have 'turned their backs on Jehovah'. Have nothing to do with such a person even if they are your own flesh and blood, as such peaple shall be called the 'mentally diseased'."
    Just plain clueless............
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 May '12 04:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    More ad hominem.

Calling people "jerk" "clueless" and "dumb" because they don't agree with you does not strengthen your argument nor improve your credibility.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:16
    He is a really balanced person who has been disfellowshiped and shunned by the JW organisation and because of that estranged from his family. But he took a different approach and showed love to those who shunned him.

I would be interested in what Galveston or robbie think of this clip.

YouTube&feature=related
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:49
    He is a really balanced person who has been disfellowshiped and shunned by the JW organisation and because of that estranged from his family. But he took a different approach and showed love to those who shunned him.

I would be interested in what Galveston or robbie think of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjdrq1OAxo&feature=related
    Why I don't know but I'll post this again. LOOK up the scriptures and GET the POINT!!!!!!!!!!

Consider a Scriptural example of disfellowshipping. The congregation in Corinth tolerated “such fornication as [was] not even among the nations, that a wife a certain man [had] of his father.” Paul urged the Corinthians to “hand such a man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, in order that the spirit may be saved.” (1 Corinthians 5:1-5) When disfellowshipped and thus handed over to Satan, the sinner was again part of the Devil’s world. (1 John 5:19) His expulsion removed an evil fleshly element from the congregation and preserved its godly “spirit,” or dominant attitude.—2 Timothy 4:22; 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.
    5 Before a very long time had passed, Paul urged the Christians in Corinth to reinstate the wrongdoer. Why? It was so that they might not be “overreached by Satan,” said the apostle. The sinner had evidently repented and cleaned up his life. (2 Corinthians 2:8-11) If the Corinthians refused to reinstate the repentant man, Satan would overreach them in that they would be as hard and unforgiving as the Devil wanted them to be. Very likely, they soon did “forgive and comfort” the penitent man.—2 Corinthians 2:5-7.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:50
    When a Minor Is Disfellowshipped
    What if a minor who lives with his parents gets involved in serious wrongdoing and because of his unrepentant attitude is expelled from the congregation? Since the child lives with his parents, they are still responsible for instructing and disciplining him in harmony with God’s Word. How can this be done?—Proverbs 6:20-22; 29:17.
    It may be possible—indeed, it would be best—to give such instruction and discipline during a private study of the Bible. A parent must look beyond the child’s hardened attitude and try to see what is in his heart. What is the whole range of his spiritual sickness? (Proverbs 20:5) Can the tender part of his heart be reached? What scriptures can be used effectively? The apostle Paul assures us: “The word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and their marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) Yes, parents can do more than simply tell their offspring not to get involved in wrongdoing again. They can try to initiate and nurture the healing process
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:51
    What if a relative is disfellowshipped?

In such a case, the close bond between family members can pose a real test of loyalty. How should we treat a disfellowshipped relative? We cannot here cover every situation that may arise, but let us focus on two basic ones.
    In some instances, the disfellowshipped family member may still be living in the same home as part of the immediate household. Since his being disfellowshipped does not sever the family ties, normal day-to-day family activities and dealings may continue. Yet, by his course, the individual has chosen to break the spiritual bond between him and his believing family. So loyal family members can no longer have spiritual fellowship with him. For example, if the disfellowshipped one is present, he would not participate when the family gets together to study the Bible. However, if the disfellowshipped one is a minor child, the parents are still responsible to instruct and discipline him. Hence, loving parents may arrange to conduct a Bible study with the child.—Proverbs 6:20-22; 29:17.
    In other cases, the disfellowshipped relative may be living outside the immediate family circle and home. Although there might be a need for limited contact on some rare occasion to care for a necessary family matter, any such contact should be kept to a minimum. Loyal Christian family members do not look for excuses to have dealings with a disfellowshipped relative not living at home. Rather, loyalty to Jehovah and his organization moves them to uphold the Scriptural arrangement of disfellowshipping. Their loyal course has the best interests of the wrongdoer at heart and may help him to benefit from the discipline received.—Hebrews 12:11.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '12 22:521 edit
    When a Minor Is Disfellowshipped
    What if a minor who lives with his parents gets involved in serious wrongdoing and because of his unrepentant attitude is expelled from the congregation? Since the child lives with his parents, they are still responsible for instructing and disciplining him in harmony with God’s Word. How can this be done?—Proverbs 6:20 ...[text shortened]... ot to get involved in wrongdoing again. They can try to initiate and nurture the healing process
    Did you look at the video clip? Do you have a comment on it?

Edit: I'm really not interested in you spamming me with copy/paste of JW rules.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 23:022 edits
    Did you look at the video clip? Do you have a comment on it?

Edit: I'm really not interested in you spamming me with copy/paste of JW rules.
    Then I'm not inerested in your pasting of you tube, so why waist my time if your not going to listen to anything I say???????????????
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 23:06
    Why have Jehovah’s Witnesses disfellowshipped (excommunicated) for apostasy some who still profess belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ?

Those who voice such an objection point out that many religious organizations claiming to be Christian allow dissident views. Even some clergymen disagree with basic teachings of their church, yet they remain in good standing. In nearly all the denominations of Christendom, there are modernists and fundamentalists who greatly disagree with one another as to the inspiration of the Scriptures.
    However, such examples provide no grounds for our doing the same. Why not? Many of such denominations allow widely divergent views among the clergy and the laity because they feel they cannot be certain as to just what is Bible truth. They are like the scribes and Pharisees of Jesus’ day who were unable to speak as persons having authority, which is how Jesus taught. (Matthew 7:29) Moreover, to the extent that religionists believe in interfaith, they are obligated not to take divergent beliefs too seriously.

But taking such a view of matters has no basis in the Scriptures. Jesus did not make common cause with any of the sects of Judaism. Jews of those sects professed to believe in the God of creation and in the Hebrew Scriptures, particularly the Law of Moses. Still, Jesus told his disciples to “watch out . . . for the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” (Matthew 16:11, 12; 23:15) Note also how strongly the apostle Paul stated matters: “Even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed.” Paul then repeated that statement for emphasis.—Galatians 1:8, 9.

Teaching dissident or divergent views is not compatible with true Christianity, as Paul makes clear at 1 Corinthians 1:10: “I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.” (New International Version) At Ephesians 4:3-6 he further stated that Christians should be “earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace. One body there is, and one spirit, even as you were called in the one hope to which you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all persons.”

Was this unity to be achieved and maintained by each one’s independently searching the Scriptures, coming to his own conclusions, and then teaching these? Not at all! Through Jesus Christ, Jehovah God provided for this purpose “some as apostles, . . . some as evangelizers, some as shepherds and teachers . . . until we all attain to the oneness in the faith and in the accurate knowledge of the Son of God, to a full-grown man.” Yes, with the help of such ministers, congregational unity—oneness in teaching and activity—could be and would be possible.—Ephesians 4:11-13.

Obviously, a basis for approved fellowship with Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot rest merely on a belief in God, in the Bible, in Jesus Christ, and so forth. The Roman Catholic pope, as well as the Anglican Archbishop of Canterbury, professes such beliefs, yet their church memberships are exclusive of each other. Likewise, simply professing to have such beliefs would not authorize one to be known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses. What do such beliefs include?
    That the great issue before humankind is the rightfulness of Jehovah’s sovereignty, which is why he has allowed wickedness so long. (Ezekiel 25:17) That Jesus Christ had a prehuman existence and is subordinate to his heavenly Father. (John 14:28) That there is a “faithful and discreet slave” upon earth today ‘entrusted with all of Jesus’ earthly interests,’ which slave is associated with the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Matthew 24:45-47) That 1914 marked the end of the Gentile Times and the establishment of the Kingdom of God in the heavens, as well as the time for Christ’s foretold presence. (Luke 21:7-24; Revelation 11:15–12:10) That only 144,000 Christians will receive the heavenly reward. (Revelation 14:1, 3) That Armageddon, referring to the battle of the great day of God the Almighty, is near. (Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) That it will be followed by Christ’s Millennial Reign, which will restore an earth-wide paradise. That the first to enjoy it will be the present “great crowd” of Jesus’ “other sheep.”—John 10:16; Revelation 7:9-17; 21:3, 4.

Do we have Scriptural precedent for taking such a strict position? Indeed we do! Paul wrote about some in his day: “Their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.” (2 Timothy 2:17, 18; see also Matthew 18:6.) There is nothing to indicate that these men did not believe in God, in the Bible, in Jesus’ sacrifice. Yet, on this one basic point, what they were teaching as to the time of the resurrection, Paul rightly branded them as apostates, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship.

Similarly, the apostle John termed as antichrists those who did not believe that Jesus had come in the flesh. They may well have believed in God, in the Hebrew Scriptures, in Jesus as God’s Son, and so on. But on this point, that Jesus had actually come in the flesh, they disagreed and thus were termed “antichrist.” John goes on to say regarding those holding such variant views: “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.”—2 John 7, 10, 11.

Following such Scriptural patterns, if a Christian (who claims belief in God, the Bible, and Jesus) unrepentantly promotes false teachings, it may be necessary for him to be expelled from the congregation. (See Titus 3:10, 11.) Of course, if a person just has doubts or is uninformed on a point, qualified ministers will lovingly assist him. This accords with the counsel: “Continue showing mercy to some that have doubts; save them by snatching them out of the fire.” (Jude 22, 23) Hence, the true Christian congregation cannot rightly be accused of being harshly dogmatic, but it does highly value and work toward the unity encouraged in God’s Word.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 May '12 23:211 edit
    Then I'm not inerested in your pasting of you tube, so why waist my time if your not going to listen to anything I say???????????????
    I am interested in what you have to say Galveston. I'll read your copy pastes if you will watch and listen to the guy in the link?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 May '12 23:35
    I am interested in what you have to say Galveston. I'll read your copy pastes if you will watch and listen to the guy in the link?
    I agree with what I post or I would not post it. Why that is so hard for you to understand, I have no clue.
    And I have seen that video before and he is an apostate clear and simple. If he just had his own opinion and kept it to himself that is fine. But to get on a public forum and to speak against the organization is crossing the line and completely condemned in the Bible if you ever happened to be interested in reading it.
    A side comment is many have done that about their religions too such as Catholics, Baptist, etc, but I can promise you that they would still be allowed in that church as long as they paid their $$$$$$ to that church.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 May '12 20:216 edits
    I agree with what I post or I would not post it. Why that is so hard for you to understand, I have no clue.
    And I have seen that video before and he is an apostate clear and simple. If he just had his own opinion and kept it to himself that is fine. But to get on a public forum and to speak against the organization is crossing the line and completely c ...[text shortened]... hat they would still be allowed in that church as long as they paid their $$$$$$ to that church.
    Why should he keep his opinon to himself? I think he presents a very balanced viewpoint.

Please can you show where "speaking against the JW organisation is condemed in the Bible"?

No, you are incorrect, all of those churches you mention would allow someone who left them to return. It's called "forgiveness and reconciliation". These themes are in the Bible "if you ever happened to be interested in reading it."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree