Exotheology

Exotheology

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
The next thing I would be curious about is if they had ever heard of Jesus Christ.
Would you assume that theirs was the God of Abraham and Moses and Jesus too?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Would you assume that theirs was the God of Abraham and Moses and Jesus too?
I wouldn't call it an assumption.

There are two things in existence. One is God, and the other is everything else that God created.

Whether there be extraterrestrials or not.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@fmf said
"The term Exotheology was coined in the 1960s for the examination of theological issues as they pertain to extraterrestrial intelligence. It is primarily concerned with either conjecture about possible theological beliefs that extraterrestrials might have, or how our own theologies have been or will be influenced by evidence of and/or interaction with extraterrestrials." ~ ...[text shortened]... ing the "theological issues [that would] pertain to [or be raised by] extraterrestrial intelligence?
It would be a very weird God, lacking in ambition and creativity, with millions of angels and other heavenly beings at his disposal, in a universe with billions of galaxies and opportunities for creation of worlds beyond our imagination, to have created this one world with lifeforms, and simply sat there watching it develop. Impossible. What is more likely is that many Christians are the ones lacking in ambition and creativity and have a God in their head that suits their personality.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
Then what exactly is the point in speculating about something that doesn't exist?
Jesus said he was an extraterrestrial, so they do exist.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@fmf said
"The term Exotheology was coined in the 1960s for the examination of theological issues as they pertain to extraterrestrial intelligence. It is primarily concerned with either conjecture about possible theological beliefs that extraterrestrials might have, or how our own theologies have been or will be influenced by evidence of and/or interaction with extraterrestrials." ~ ...[text shortened]... ing the "theological issues [that would] pertain to [or be raised by] extraterrestrial intelligence?
I would imagine that every single galaxy out there would have at least one world with intelligent lifeforms. So starting off from that scenario that God did create many inhabited worlds, I would say that there they would all be God-fearing beings, with their own stories of their development and history. There is no conflict with Christian theology.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I agree, which makes me wonder if many of the other so-called extraterrestrials are from that same spiritual world too?

John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

John 8:23
He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I agree, which makes me wonder if many of the other so-called extraterrestrials are from that same spiritual world too?

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
There are many many extraterrestrials in the spiritual world, but they dont have to be only in the spiritual world. They are also on planets created and populated by the same God and His helpers. Something is sadly wrong with someone's brain if they believe that God and his heavenly host and His Son was always out there for billions of years, and they only made one solitary world with life. That person is just plain stupid.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
It would be a very weird God, lacking in ambition and creativity, with millions of angels and other heavenly beings at his disposal, in a universe with billions of galaxies and opportunities for creation of worlds beyond our imagination, to have created this one world with lifeforms, and simply sat there watching it develop. Impossible. What is more likely is that many Chris ...[text shortened]... e ones lacking in ambition and creativity and have a God in their head that suits their personality.
"It would be a very weird God, lacking in ambition and creativity,.."

You are a very weird person if you think you can define God as lacking in "ambition and creativity". That kind of thinking is revealing about what's wrong with your cognitive abilities.

Quote the verse that says "God created the heaven and the earth, but lacked enough imagination, ambition and creativity to create extraterrestrials".

You should quit fantasizing about what you have no proof of and focus on what the scriptures actually say.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Heresy.

Jesus never said that.

You keep saying the Bible says this and the Bible says that about all manner of things, but you never produce the verses to back it up.

Don't you realize how stupid you make yourself look?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@kellyjay said

You too kelly?

You're not reading those verses correctly if you think Jesus is saying he was an extraterrestrial.

If a being came to earth from some place else in this physical universe we would call them extraterrestrial, i.e. not from earth, but from another world in a distant galaxy.

That's not from where Jesus came.

Jesus came "from above", or heaven, which is what Jesus said implies.

And Jesus didn't say his kingdom was from outer space, he said it was "not from the world", which means this world.

Many times in the gospels Jesus spoke of the kingdom of God and heaven.

Not from some distant galaxy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
Heresy.

Jesus never said that.

You keep saying the Bible says this and the Bible says that about all manner of things, but you never produce the verses to back it up.

Don't you realize how stupid you make yourself look?
Do you realise how you look. I think most people when they have a different opinion they say ... somthing like .. I dont think that interpretation is correct. Here is what I think it means ...... then you proceed to give your interpretation of the passage quoted.

But you are a stupid idiot. Nothing you post is of value to help someone to understand your point of view.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
"It would be a very weird God, lacking in ambition and creativity,.."

You are a very weird person if you think you can define God as lacking in "ambition and creativity". That kind of thinking is revealing about what's wrong with your cognitive abilities.

Quote the verse that says "God created the heaven and the earth, but lacked enough imagination, ambition and ...[text shortened]... ould quit fantasizing about what you have no proof of and focus on what the scriptures actually say.
You and your God is weird, not me and my God. You have the mentality of a 5 yr old arguing about the existence of Santa Claus.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jan 22

@josephw said
You too kelly?

You're not reading those verses correctly if you think Jesus is saying he was an extraterrestrial.

If a being came to earth from some place else in this physical universe we would call them extraterrestrial, i.e. not from earth, but from another world in a distant galaxy.

That's not from where Jesus came.

Jesus came "from above", or heaven, which is ...[text shortened]... times in the gospels Jesus spoke of the kingdom of God and heaven.

Not from some distant galaxy.
Extraterrestrial means anything originating from outside of this planet.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Jan 22

Sonship you a famously quoted thus:

“The lost will be hung in chains of punishment as deterrent to those on other worlds”

Despite much discussion we have never really got a coherent response from Sonship on who these are on other worlds, where these chains with the “lost” actually are, nor how those on these other words can see them. In fact, why can’t we here on this world see them I wonder.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
But you are a stupid idiot. Nothing you post is of value to help someone to understand your point of view.
You're untitled to your own opinion.