Eye evolution - Misunderstood

Eye evolution - Misunderstood

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 May 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What you are proposing here contradicts your previous views you have expressed on evolution. If we just take the blind-spot we as humans and all other vertebrates have, then that leaves you with a few problems.

Firstly, for a human to have had 'perfect' eye which degenerates into an eye with a blind-spot requires major structural change of the eye me ...[text shortened]... s).

What you are proposing is implausible, and contradicts your previous claims on evolution.
Is it more plausible that it could have happened over millions or billions of years? If so, just pretend that it was done over how many years that makes sense to you and forget about it. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
🙂 This is all just some hypothesis the distant past is out of our reach. You and I both can
talk about what we think happen and why and all that is really going on is our opinions
are being expressed. I acknowledge I could be completely wrong about this, more than a
few of those debating just accept their own opinions and those of others as if they wer ...[text shortened]... on't know yet.

I'd say your point about all vertebrates having the same issue, is very valid.
What I'm actually after is some evidence and substantive reasons from you to support your own claims and beliefs. That's what I'm after. You see, I can provide evidence and reasons for what I believe. You of course don't have to accept that evidence or my reasons but I can provide them nonetheless. But it seems that whenever you are asked to provide evidence or reasons, you just drift off into extreme vagueness.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

What I'm actually after is some evidence and substantive reasons from you to support your own claims and beliefs. That's what I'm after. You see, I can provide evidence and reasons for what I believe. You of course don't have to accept that evidence or my reasons but I can provide them nonetheless. But it seems that whenever you are asked to provide evidence or reasons, you just drift off into extreme vagueness.
You want me to prove that if gravity was stronger or weaker a lot of what is required would
be gone? You want me to prove that if ice formed on the bottom of pond instead of the top
a lot of what is required would be gone? You need some explanation about what part of
the endless things that has to be true or life never happens? What do you want? My
argument is that from the largest to the smallest parts of the universe the whole thing
must support life or there isn't any.

Cape Town

Moves
16 May 15

My argument is that from the largest to the smallest parts of the universe the whole thing
No, that isn't your argument. That is a trivial observation.
One of your augments is that that somehow points to there being an intelligent designer - except that you give no actual justification for making such a conclusion.
You have also made several other claims with regards to evolution, yet when pressed for details you went off on a tangent or as Proper Knob says you "just drift off into extreme vagueness."
In fact, if I recall correctly, the reason why you no longer talk to me is because I pushed you for details on your views on starlight and you couldn't take it. You accused me of lying, refused to say what I lied about and announced you would never talk to me again.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, that isn't your argument. That is a trivial observation.
One of your augments is that that somehow points to there being an intelligent designer - except that you give no actual justification for making such a conclusion.
You have also made several other claims with regards to evolution, yet when pressed for details you went off on a tangent or as P ...[text shortened]... ed me of lying, refused to say what I lied about and announced you would never talk to me again.
I have presented so many videos of evidence that it seems ignorant of you to be asking KellyJay for more. As sonhouse might say, you should take your meds. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 May 15
1 edit

I have presented so many videos of evidence that it seems ignorant of you to be asking KellyJay for more. As sonhouse might say, you should take your meds. 😏

Although I may not believe in every statement made in this video it may be worth watching, if you are interested in evidence and truth.

There is a conspiracy to prevent persons from seeing the truth - that there is absolute proof of intelligent design. Why so many accept blindly the theory of evolution? It is due to this - (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things (Satan) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers. . .
(2 Timothy 4:3) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by RJHinds

Although I may not believe in every statement made in this video it may be worth watching, if you are interested in evidence and truth.

There is a conspiracy to prevent persons from seeing the tr ...[text shortened]... mselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXp5x3N95E
😴

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

You want me to prove that if gravity was stronger or weaker a lot of what is required would
be gone? You want me to prove that if ice formed on the bottom of pond instead of the top
a lot of what is required would be gone? You need some explanation about what part of
the endless things that has to be true or life never happens? What do you want? My
argu ...[text shortened]... est to the smallest parts of the universe the whole thing
Kelly, we're having a discussion about the evolution of the eye and the claims you have made regarding this topic over the last 10 pages. We haven't been talking about gravity or the formation of ice in ponds. I'm not really sure how this relates to anything we've been discussing?!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 15

Kelly, we're having a discussion about the evolution of the eye and the claims you have made regarding this topic over the last 10 pages. We haven't been talking about gravity or the formation of ice in ponds. I'm not really sure how this relates to anything we've been discussing?!
Actually with 10 pages we have covered quiet a bit, but my main argument is that the whole
of the universe has be setup for us to get life, not just some area around a pond, or ocean,
or where ever you believe life started, all the rules/laws in the universe are part of the
process.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 May 15

Actually with 10 pages we have covered quiet a bit, but my main argument is that the whole
of the universe has be setup for us to get life, not just some area around a pond, or ocean,
or where ever you believe life started, all the rules/laws in the universe are part of the
process.
I've been talking about the evolution of the eye and your claims regarding it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 15
1 edit

They relate by the Fibonacci numbers and the golden ratio that indicate design in nature by God.

http://io9.com/5985588/15-uncanny-examples-of-the-golden-ratio-in-nature

GOD AND MATHEMATICS. THE GOLDEN RATIO

Donald Duck Explains Pentagrams, The Golden Ratio, and Sacred Geometry

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
17 May 15

"Is there anything more inconsistent with civil conversation, and the end of all debate, than not to take an answer, though ever so full and satisfactory, but still to go on with the dispute as long as equivocal sounds can furnish a 'medius terminus', a term to wrangle with on the one side or a distinction on the other?......for this in short is the way and perfection of logical disputes, that the opponent never takes any answer, nor the respondent ever yield to any argument." John Locke, Thoughts Concerning Education, 1690,.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 15

Originally posted by finnegan
"Is there anything more inconsistent with civil conversation, and the end of all debate, than not to take an answer, though ever so full and satisfactory, but still to go on with the dispute as long as equivocal sounds can furnish a 'medius terminus', a term to wrangle with on the one side or a distinction on the other?......for this in short is the way ...[text shortened]... he respondent ever yield to any argument." John Locke, Thoughts Concerning Education, 1690,.
Very true. 😏

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 15

I've been talking about the evolution of the eye and your claims regarding it.
Which claim do you think I have not addressed?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 May 15

Which claim do you think I have not addressed?
I was after some reason and evidence to support your claim that the eye was designed perfectly only to develop flaws over the last few thousand. Also, how do you explain the completely implausible amount of mutations and structural changes that need to happen within the eye to fit this scenario.