1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 00:48
    I think the response from the worldwide Islamic community to holy book burning should be to burn 1 million copies of the Christian Bible. And the response from the worldwide Christian community should be to burn 1 million Korans. And the response from the Islamic community to that should be to burn 1 million more Bibles. And the response from the Christian to that should be to burn 1 million more Korans. This process should be repeated until one side or the other publicly admits to being Servants of Satan. The world would become a better place day by day.πŸ™„
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 01:11
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I think the response from the worldwide Islamic community to holy book burning should be to burn 1 million copies of the Christian Bible. And the response from the worldwide Christian community should be to burn 1 million Korans. And the response from the Islamic community to that should be to burn 1 million more Bibles. And the response from the Christian ...[text shortened]... publicly admits to being Servants of Satan. The world would become a better place day by day.πŸ™„
    Not a bad idea! πŸ˜‰

The problem is that there are many more Bibles than there are Korans.

This Koran burning is a bad idea. It will likely cost more lives on both sides around the world. And it's wrong! It just proves what faulty theology and an enlarged ego will do. I find nothing in Christian new testament doctrine to support such a move. Remember Paul on Mars Hill? Did he speak out in public against their idols? And what about at Ephesus? Paul and his friends made no statements that they could be accused of against Diana.

This preacher in Florida is paranoid and scared. If he goes through with burning the Koran it could be equated as an act of terrorism. In a sense.
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 01:55
    I think the response from the worldwide Islamic community to holy book burning should be to burn 1 million copies of the Christian Bible. And the response from the worldwide Christian community should be to burn 1 million Korans. And the response from the Islamic community to that should be to burn 1 million more Bibles. And the response from the Christian ...[text shortened]... publicly admits to being Servants of Satan. The world would become a better place day by day.πŸ™„
    I'd be concerned about the release of CO2 from such a massive burning. Perhaps we could setup a cyber burning site - do it virtually. Everyone gets the burning out of the way, but without any actual burning.
    Or better still,maybe we could stop pulping trees to create the books in the first place - aren't there already enough copies of bibles and korans to go around?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 03:59
    The problem with this kind of proposition is that it's a fight between fundamentalists, not between normal loving, caring, religious people. Don't fight religion, not on either side, fight the fundamentalists. With more education the fundamentalist problem will eventually go away by itself.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 04:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The problem with this kind of proposition is that it's a fight between fundamentalists, not between normal loving, caring, religious people. Don't fight religion, not on either side, fight the fundamentalists. With more education the fundamentalist problem will eventually go away by itself.
    I kinda liken this to arms reduction. You get rid of some of your bombs and we'll get rid of some of ours. Perhaps then we can only blow up the world 20 times instead of 50 πŸ™„

Lets go str8 to the scource- Lets just hack their computer systems and erase all their filesπŸ˜€
  6. England
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 09:02
    can i sell the books to either side
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 10:32
    think of all the trees murdered

you tree murderer.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:061 edit
    Originally posted by stoker
    can i sell the books to either side
    Now you are getting the right idea. Think of all the new jobs this could create. This could be just the thing to stimulate the world economy.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:08
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    think of all the trees murdered

you tree murderer.
    Christians and Muslims would become the tree murderers by their own choice. Better than what goes on now.
  10. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not a bad idea! πŸ˜‰

The problem is that there are many more Bibles than there are Korans.

This Koran burning is a bad idea. It will likely cost more lives on both sides around the world. And it's wrong! It just proves what faulty theology and an enlarged ego will do. I find nothing in Christian new testament doctrine to support such a move. Remember ...[text shortened]... he goes through with burning the Koran it could be equated as an act of terrorism. In a sense.
    I agree with this. This really is not a well thought out plan he has. What ever happened to love and forgiveness?
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:16
    Originally posted by gtbiking4life
    I agree with this. This really is not a well thought out plan he has. What ever happened to love and forgiveness?
    Actually this is a well thought out plan that she (that's me) has. Just how have things worked out with this "love and forgiveness" stuff in the last 1000 years? It looks like 2 steps forward then 3 steps backwards. It is high time we start" making a buck" off all this silliness. It is Capitalism.
  12. London
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:38
    Originally posted by gtbiking4life
    Without defending the pastor in question, I don't think burning the Koran is incompatible with love and forgiveness. Love (and consequently, forgiveness) are directed towards the individual [soul]. If love is a willing of a person's good, it may be necessary to hurt the person's feelings for her/his own good in the same way that a surgeon may need to cause physical "injury" to bring about healing in the long-term.
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 11:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I kinda liken this to arms reduction. You get rid of some of your bombs and we'll get rid of some of ours. Perhaps then we can only blow up the world 20 times instead of 50 πŸ™„

Lets go str8 to the scource- Lets just hack their computer systems and erase all their filesπŸ˜€
    You have it all wrong. No Muslim or Christian would let the supply of their "Holy Books" not be replenished. This is about raising the demand and creating business (and money). Here in the US religions collect tax deductible contributions from believers thus denying our government of much needed revenue.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 12:11
    You have it all wrong. No Muslim or Christian would let the supply of their "Holy Books" not be replenished. This is about raising the demand and creating business (and money). Here in the US religions collect tax deductible contributions from believers thus denying our government of much needed revenue.
    I see...still , as a metaphor for stupidity it works for me.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:44
    On the way of the master forum someone says that he would only do it if they were Christians that use to be muslims doing it. He points to the book of Acts were the new Christians burned there pagan books.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree