1. Joined
    21 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 13:08
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    On the other hand large numbers of Americans disbelieve science on the ground that an Iron Age folk tale is obviously a superior source of knowlege.

It makes me wonder where the USA has gone wrong for them to choose superstition and stupitity in such large numbers
    Absolutely.

The key here is education.

As long as the religous control that, we're buggered.
  2. Meddling with things
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 13:37
    Originally posted by sugiezd
    Absolutely.

The key here is education.

As long as the religous control that, we're buggered.
    Bizzarely the US has to be counted as a highly educated society with an education system with less religious content or control than that in the UK
  3. Joined
    21 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 14:10
    Bizzarely the US has to be counted as a highly educated society with an education system with less religious content or control than that in the UK
    Now you surprise me.

Wasn't there some hooha over teaching evolution v. creationism?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 15:232 edits
    hmmmm... interesting place. I can see some good arguments here.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by sugiezd
    Now you surprise me.

Wasn't there some hooha over teaching evolution v. creationism?
    Kansas. The Kansas Board of Education required that intelligent design be taught in public schools.

That's where the FSM was created.

Created by Bobby Henderson, a physics undergrad, who decided that Intelligent Design was a piece of (nasty word that can't be stated here). So he protested and created the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 16:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Oh thank you (*blushing*) but I feel that we're now talking about nuances in words. I might mean one thing but express it in a way that it'd be read in another way as intended.

The religions that are destructive and oppressive to other people is not a religion worth any respect because they don't show respect to others.

A good friend of mine has a t ...[text shortened]... ns are over.
    This will not happen because we respect each other and each others views.
    Exactly. It's not a debate; it's just...talking

Just a normal conversation. If you tell someone they're wrong, they'll tune you out.

(Again I'm sorry for the idiots thing. I wasn't in my right mind when I posted that.)
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 08:271 edit
    Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
    (Again I'm sorry for the idiots thing. I wasn't in my right mind when I posted that.)
    You don't have to be. I've had graver personal attacks than this.

I once got a "You're an idiot, you really are!" in my face by a anti-social individual. And this only because he didn't understand my thoughts. He has not until date apologized or even been near an apologize. But he has been whining about far more modest opinions about his behaviour. But he has, as I said, no social skills at all.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 11:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But he has, as I said, no social skills at all.
    Your not saying that about me,...right...?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 11:35
    Originally posted by liteswordatlitespeed
    Your not saying that about me,...right...?
    No no, not you. The one I thinking of (that I don't want to mention more than this, he himself knows his lack of social skills, I've mentioned this a numerous times and he doesn't like that I know this, one of his greatest flaw, his flaming is not of this world and I don't want to infect this thread with his whining about this) is totally another person.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 15:25
    Oh OK. thanks...

Now, what subject were we on again?
  11. Sydney
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 18:40
    There is a huge difference between "education" and "intelligence". Unfortunately, many of the most educated happen to be amongst the most stupid.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '06 16:18
    Originally posted by JRambo
    There is a huge difference between "education" and "intelligence". Unfortunately, many of the most educated happen to be amongst the most stupid.
    Mhm. I dreadfully have to agree with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree