1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 23:33
    "Fact or Fiction"

a) Conversations within this forum are helpful in making spiritual decisions.

b) Conversations within this forum aren't helpful in making spiritual decisions.

c) Neither a) nor b)

All insights and opinions are obviously welcome.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 23:40
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Fact or Fiction"

b) Conversations within this forum aren't helpful in making spiritual decisions.

c) Neither a) nor b)

All insights and opinions are obviously welcome.[/b]
    Conversations within this forum may be reported to be useful for spiritual decisions by some people and not useful by others, and they both may be correct, or at least, their reports are pretty much unimpeachable.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 00:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    Conversations within this forum may be reported to be useful for spiritual decisions by some people and not useful by others, and they both may be correct, or at least, their reports are pretty much unimpeachable.
    Ditto..
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 01:05
    [b]"Fact or Fiction"

c) Neither a) nor b)

If I thought they were not helpful, I would leave the Forum. The main reason I post is to be helpful.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 01:17
    [b]"Fact or Fiction"

c) Neither a) nor b)

It's just a message board. Different people contribute and receive different things.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:53
    [b]"Fact or Fiction"

c) Neither a) nor b)

Define 'spiritual decision'.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 05:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Define 'spiritual decision'.
    The decision to accept or reject Christ as savior. The decision to accept or reject a Christian worldview of a Creator and Lawgiver. These are spiritual decisions.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 06:011 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The decision to accept or reject Christ as savior. The decision to accept or reject a Christian worldview of a Creator and Lawgiver. These are spiritual decisions.
    Except they aren't decisions. One does not decide to believe something. And I don't get why they should be labeled 'spiritual'.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 06:07
    Except they aren't decisions. One does not decide to believe something. And I don't get why they should be labeled 'spiritual'.
    Because "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

(John 4:24 NKJV)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 06:13
    One does not decide to believe something.
    I wonder if this is always true. One of the regular posters here, after having a drug problem and dabbling in the occult, shopped around for a religion, chose one, and joined it.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 07:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wonder if this is always true. One of the regular posters here, after having a drug problem and dabbling in the occult, shopped around for a religion, chose one, and joined it.
    I guess you are right. Humans are remarkably adept at willful self delusion.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 10:55

Well said.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Forgive me, but I'm going to stop you right here and ask you to call this person out... even if it's only to me via PM. I have a reason for asking.

Have you ever taken the time to dig deeper than surface assumptions? I'm going to guess 'No'.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 16:09
    Well said.
    Don't buy into the hype.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Apr '13 16:10
    You would think this. Except this also applies to those making this kind of sweeping generalization.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree