"Fact or Fiction"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Forgive me, but I'm going to stop you right here and ask you to call this person out... even if it's only to me via PM. I have a reason for asking.

Have you ever taken the time to dig deeper than surface assumptions? I'm going to guess 'No'.
I am repeating stuff he has revealed about himself in the course of a discussion on at least one occasion. He knows who he is. And he will contact you, if he wants to, when he sees this little exchange of messages between you and me. As for whether what I said amounts to "surface assumptions", I would say it is not so because that is how the poster in question chose to describe how he ended up joining the religious group that he did. I have "assumed" nothing.

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
If I thought they were not helpful, I would leave the Forum. The main reason I post is to be helpful.
Your posts are not spiritually helpful to me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I am repeating stuff he has revealed about himself in the course of a discussion on at least one occasion. He knows who he is. And he will contact you, if he wants to, when he sees this little exchange of messages between you and me. As for whether what I said amounts to "surface assumptions", I would say it is not so because that is how the poster in question c ...[text shortened]... describe how he ended up joining the religious group that he did. I have "assumed" nothing.
This is sufficient, I believe I know who you are talking about now.

I would not list once "having a drug problem" nor "dabbling in the occult" as 'dealbreakers', for fairly obvious reasons (obvious to some people I mean).

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 13
2 edits

Don't buy into the hype.
Originally posted by twhitehead
"I guess you are right. Humans are remarkably adept at willful self delusion."

>Well said.

"Don't buy into the hype."

Brief Post = Accurate Words, Spoken with Honest Intent (Within Context) = Purpose: To Recognize & Compliment Objectivity.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by JS357
Your posts are not spiritually helpful to me.
I am not a one size fits all type of Christian. However, if you have any suggestions as to how I might be helpful to you, then let's hear them. If I can't help you, then perhaps someone else will be able to come to your aid. Suzianne might be your type.

Moves
27 Apr 13

I am not a one size fits all type of Christian. However, if you have any suggestions as to how I might be helpful to you, then let's hear them. If I can't help you, then perhaps someone else will be able to come to your aid. Suzianne might be your type.
'Suzianne might be your type.'

type of what r.j? christian?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
'Suzianne might be your type.'

type of what r.j? christian?
Of course, what else could you think I could have meant?

Cape Town

Moves
27 Apr 13
1 edit

You would think this. Except this also applies to those making this kind of sweeping generalization.
I never said it didn't. That is why I like to hash out discussions until we find out who is right and who is wrong. Do you think the sweeping generalization is wrong? If so, why? I made it after admitting that I was probably wrong about my previous post, and I am quite ready to be persuaded that I am wrong again.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead

I never said it didn't. That is why I like to hash out discussions until we find out who is right and who is wrong. Do you think the sweeping generalization is wrong? If so, why? I made it after admitting that I was probably wrong about my previous post, and I am quite ready to be persuaded that I am wrong again.
Refreshing point of view.

Moves
28 Apr 13

Of course, what else could you think I could have meant?
what types of christian are there?

F

Moves
28 Apr 13

I would not list once "having a drug problem" nor "dabbling in the occult" as 'dealbreakers', for fairly obvious reasons (obvious to some people I mean).
'Dealbreakers' in what sense? I simply described how someone, apparently, can just go out there and one day decide to believe something, in this case check out some religions [having not been religious] and choose one, which rather suggested that twhitehead's idea might not apply to everyone.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Apr 13
1 edit

If I thought they were not helpful, I would leave the Forum. The main reason I post is to be helpful.
So in order to stay in this forum you need to find someone for whom your
words of wisdom have been helpful, or, in your own words, you will leave.

If this is not the case you have again been caught as a liar.

Moves
28 Apr 13

OK Here's one, I would like to see how many here, who came here unconvinced, speak up and tell you how helpful you have been. Don't you want to know that?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
So in order to stay in this forum you need to find someone for whom your
words of wisdom have been helpful, or, in your own words, you will leave.

If this is not the case you have again been caught as a liar.
I have been helpful, even to you. You just don't realize it. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
28 Apr 13

Originally posted by JS357
OK Here's one, I would like to see how many here, [b]who came here unconvinced, speak up and tell you how helpful you have been. Don't you want to know that?[/b]
He has helped to convince me that if gods do exist his version is not one of them. I am also now convinced that his rather tatty holy book is about as factual as the average politician's speech.