1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 03:391 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Ok 6 days, excuse my ignorance. With so many 'Christians' playing sports and shops open it's easy to forget that Sunday is supposed to be a religious rest day.

The post above me explains why there are fossils in high mountains so I wont repeat that. I will add that proof of what he is saying can be found by the fact that the Himalaya are still rising, by ...[text shortened]... y with so many writers.

Why can't you accept the fact that some of your book might be wrong?
    Because I haven't found any of it that has been proven wrong yet.
  2. Maryland
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 12:36
    The lineage of Jesus is different in different gospels. At least one of them therefore must be wrong. (More likely, they are both wrong!)
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 12:43
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Whenever you hear someone espousing a religious belief, remember it is only a theory that has never been verified or universally accepted.
    Of course, lots of things are theories. Evolution is a theory. Time travel is a theory.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 13:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course, lots of things are theories. Evolution is a theory. Time travel is a theory.
    Evolution is not a theory. It's fact, whether people want to accept it or not.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:321 edit
    The lineage of Jesus is different in different gospels. At least one of them therefore must be wrong. (More likely, they are both wrong!)
    One (Matthew 1) is Joseph's lineage. The other (Luke 3) is Mary's. For obvious reasons.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    One is Joseph's lineage. The other is Mary's. For obvious reasons.
    Do you believe that to be literally true?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 14:58
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Do you believe that to be literally true?
    It is a common and straightforward explanation.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 15:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is only false propagand by the evilutionists. There was no millions of years anyway. So you are obviously wrong.
    How then does your flood hypothesis explain how certain fossils are only in certain stratigraphic layers? I made a specific argument as to why plate tectonics is the correct explanation. Please address my specific argument. Either your hypothesis needs to explain fossil/strata correlation, or you need to argue that there isn't any fossil/strata correlation. Merely declaring something as propaganda is not a legitimate discussion point, unless you explain why that particular something is propaganda (and I am unclear specifically what exactly you are referring to as propaganda).

As to the age of the earth, we know this through radiometric dating, so you need to explain why radiometric dating is incorrect, and also explain what method should be used to calculate the age of the Earth.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 15:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You are correct that evolution is a theory. However you are not correct about time travel. Time travel is an hypothesis (at best).
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 15:23
    It is a common and straightforward explanation.
    Fire away.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 16:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Fire away.
    That's it.

I said "It is", not "There is".
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 16:52
    That's it.

I said "It is", not "There is".
    Finding you Dee Dee in a thread entitled 'facts', is hilarious in itself.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 17:49
    Communicators should call facts facts and theories theories. Religious beliefs do not fall in the category of facts. Whenever you hear someone espousing a religious belief, remember it is only a theory that has never been verified or universally accepted. I would have more respect for clerics if they were not so sure of them selves, and if they were less sanctimonious!
    I think it is what their audience expects. Try admitting doubt, and watch the pews empty...
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 18:14
    The problem is someone will say he tests religion with prayer and that prayer works. Rational people know that this is not a scientific test, but those duped by religion don't see it that way!
    "The problem is someone will say he tests religion with prayer and that prayer works."

No one in their right mind "tests" religion with prayer. Prayer is the response of faith in what one already knows is true.

"Rational people know that this is not a scientific test, but those duped by religion don't see it that way!"

What do you know about rationality, when you make ridiculous statements like that?

Let me know when you finish sorting through all the worlds duped people, then tell me how many of them are Christians.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 18:18
    I wonder when you'll realize how ignorant your post is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree