1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We now know that the Grand canyon was caused by a catastrophe like the worldwide flood, earthquakes, volcano erruptions and such because of what happened at Mount St. Helens in 1980. The Holy Bible says there were only 8 people left alive after that worldwide flood. But with God's help they survived. It sounds reasonable to me.
    with gods help they survived......................by having sex with each other. biblical incest, fun for all the family!!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 19:52
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    with gods help they survived......................by having sex with each other. biblical incest, fun for all the family!!
    There was no command against incest until the time of Moses.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 20:32
    There was no command against incest until the time of Moses.
    you need a command to tell you its wrong?????
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 20:40
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    you need a command to tell you its wrong?????
    Yeah.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 00:45
    Yeah.
    I wouldn't be telling THAT in mixed company.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 05:43
    The original plate tectonics had to of occurred quickly in order for the mountains to rise and the valleys to sink so that the flood waters could recede from over all the land. The doctrine of uniformitarianism is known not to be true. There are many evidences of catastrophism in geology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjL65pVMzM
    I find myself far less annoyed by your young earth creationism than by your complete and total inability or unwillingness to form an argument or participate in a discussion. Your posts usually consist of assertions without supporting evidence or consist of video links, which are often unrelated to the topic being discussed. And on the rare occasions that you do try to formulate an argument, it is rarely on topic.

Your post was in response to an argument that I made that fossil/strata correlation could only be explained through plate tectonics and long time scales. Your response has nothing to do with fossil/strata correlation. Why respond to my post if you are not going to discuss the topic that my post was about? I am sure there are videos on youtube discussing the young earther version of fossil/strata correlation, but you are apparently either too lazy or incompetent to link to those (much less actually articulate your own argument), and instead you link to a video about the history of geology (and as this video was 13 minutes, I watched the entire thing, so I know what it discussed).

As to the substance (using the term loosely) of your post, I have no idea why you think linking to a video about the history of geology is evidence for catastrophism and fast plate tectonics and against uniformitarianism. I get the impression that you don't even watch the videos you link to.

And what do you mean by "original plate tectonics?" I don't think even young earthers argue that the first plate tectonics happened after the supposed flood. You don't even seem to have a cursory knowledge of your own position.
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 05:521 edit
    Evolution - Fact or Belief ? Geology - Stratification - Sedimentology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XvbbE_VwC8
    If you are going to have a discussion, please don't bother responding to my posts. I am not going to watch a 75 minute video, particularly when you are too lazy to either summarize the relevant point the video made about our specific discussion, or at least tell me what part of the video to watch.
  8. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 06:00
    It has been shown that evolution is a false hypothesis.

Scientists: The Theory of Evolution is False pt. 1 of 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2koWcJnuFY

Scientists: The Theory of Evolution is False pt 2 of 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oI-91KzRPw

Another Evolutionary Biologist Finally Rejects The Bogus Theory of Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RZzyFTTXo
    My post was about the definition of the word theory, and you bizarrely respond with videos about evolution. Please make some sort of minimum effort to stay on topic if you are going to respond to me. And don't waste my time if all you are going to is link to videos instead of having a discussion.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 08:37
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    I find myself far less annoyed by your young earth creationism than by your complete and total inability or unwillingness to form an argument or participate in a discussion. Your posts usually consist of assertions without supporting evidence or consist of video links, which are often unrelated to the topic being discussed. And on the rare occasions that yo ...[text shortened]... after the supposed flood. You don't even seem to have a cursory knowledge of your own position.
    You said that marine fossils on mountains were moved to the mountains from the ocean by slow movement of the land over millions of years. I say that it occurred fast because the earth has only existed for a few thousand years and I gave videos that supported the catastrophic view of the mountains rising quickly and the valleys sinking after the year of the worldwide flood just as the Holy Bible says.

The idea is that while the flood was over the earth and volcanic activity under the water occurred due to erruptions and marine animals were fossilized, part of the ocean floors sank deeper while some of the mountains became higher partly due to the initial strong speedy plate tectonics. The waters that covered the mountains were able to recede off the mountains into the lower valleys forming deeper oceans and new lakes and rivers over the earth. The marine animals that were in the water over the moutains became died and fossilized and remained on the mountains when the water receded into lower areas.

Laboratory experiments have shown that spontaneous sorting and layering occurs with a sand, mud and clay slurry. When the mixture slows down, the sand, mud and clay will spontaneously precipitate (or settle out) and form individual layers. The sorting out of fossil in the strata also occurred relatively quickly as the flood waters receded. This was proved by the erruption of Mount St. Helens in 1982 that carved out a little grand canyon in a day or two. The sorting of the fossils had nothing to do with age, but with the swirling of the water and the composition, weight, size, etc. of the dead animals that were being fossillized. Even though the Grand Canyon has been believed to have taken millions of years to form, it is now known that that is not true.

Here is a website for your reference concerning how the worldwide flood explains your concerns:

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

YouTube&list=PL2EE07D530EA52731
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 08:56
    We now know that the Grand canyon was caused by a catastrophe like the worldwide flood, earthquakes, volcano erruptions and such because of what happened at Mount St. Helens in 1980. The Holy Bible says there were only 8 people left alive after that worldwide flood. But with God's help they survived. It sounds reasonable to me.
    Umm, excuse me? We "know" that the Grand Canyon was caused by a catastrophe because of what happened at Mt. St. Helens in 1980? What are you smoking? What we know is that it took millions of years for the Colorado river to cut through the Kaibab plateau. Put down the crack pipe, please.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Umm, excuse me? We "know" that the Grand Canyon was caused by a catastrophe because of what happened at Mt. St. Helens in 1980? What are you smoking? What we know is that it took millions of years for the Colorado river to cut through the Kaibab plateau. Put down the crack pipe, please.
    No we don't know that. In fact it is impossible for the Colorado River to have carved out the Grand Canyon because it is lower than the top of the Grand Canyon. Here is a simple explanation of the Hydroplate Theory of the Worlewide Flood:

YouTube

Mount St. Helens: Explosive Evidence for Young Earth Creation

YouTube
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 16:00
    No we don't know that. In fact it is impossible for the Colorado River to have carved out the Grand Canyon because it is lower than the top of the Grand Canyon. Here is a simple explanation of the Hydroplate Theory of the Worlewide Flood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9ZGt9UA-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0f4URsDWy0
    In fact it is impossible for the Colorado River to have carved out the
    Grand Canyon because it is lower than the top of the Grand Canyon.

Can I enter this as a candidate for "most stupid thing said of the year 2014" contest?

RJ.... The river is at the bottom of the canyon it has carved out because water doesn't
    just float in the air.

It is in fact still eroding the bottom of the canyon, and carving it out deeper.

Once the canyon was less deep, and the river was consequently higher.

A catastrophic flood would have carved out a strait trench, only a slow flowing
    river has meanders and carves out curves.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 16:33
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    In fact it is impossible for the Colorado River to have carved out the
    Grand Canyon because it is lower than the top of the Grand Canyon.

Can I enter this as a candidate for "most stupid thing said of the year 2014" contest?

RJ.... The river is at the bottom of the canyon it has carved out because water doesn't
    just float in ...[text shortened]... have carved out a strait trench, only a slow flowing
    river has meanders and carves out curves.
    Wrong again. Mount St. Helens proves you wrong. Take a look at that little grand canyon.

Little Grand Canyon Formed in 1980

YouTube
  14. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 16:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9ZGt9UA-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0f4URsDWy0
    I have confirmed (again) to my satisfaction that you don't even know what your own position is, and that you just randomly link to videos in the hopes that if you throw enough ****, some of it will stick.

In your post, you linked to this (YouTube), which is a video by Walt Brown. Earlier in the thread, you linked to this (YouTube) which is a video by Steven Austin.

Brown is a proponent of what he calls "Hydroplate Theory" (which of course is a misuse of the word: theory). Austin is a proponent of "Catastrophic Plate Tectonics." These are competing and incompatible worldwide flood hypotheses. As they are mutually exclusive, you can't be in favor of both.

It is impossible to have a discussion/debate with you until you figure out what your own position is.
  15. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 17:02
    Wrong again. Mount St. Helens proves you wrong. Take a look at that little grand canyon.

Little Grand Canyon Formed in 1980

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IENCRTMp8vc
    You mean that little canyon carved out by a river that is now at the bottom of the canyon...
    Is that the canyon you think proves me wrong?

Fish, barrel, boom.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree