1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 19:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    I wonder when you'll realize how ignorant your post is.
    You mean the bible is totally accurate and there is no problem with various versions of the JC tale?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 19:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You mean the bible is totally accurate and there is no problem with various versions of the JC tale?
    There's only one version of the truth that's accurate. The one that's true!

Now, if there is more than one version, and only one is true, then obviously all the rest are wrong in one particular or another!

Seems only logical. No?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '13 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's it.

I said "It is", not "There is".
    You're not making any sense. Do you believe the account of the genealogies in the bible to be literally true? Surely it's a yes or no answer?
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 18:45
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Communicators should call facts facts and theories theories. Religious beliefs do not fall in the category of facts. Whenever you hear someone espousing a religious belief, remember it is only a theory that has never been verified or universally accepted. I would have more respect for clerics if they were not so sure of them selves, and if they were less sanctimonious!
    is a dogs bark fact or fiction? Based on these questions of theory and fact. We know the dog barks yet still have no proof of how it is done.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:12
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You're not making any sense. Do you believe the account of the genealogies in the bible to be literally true? Surely it's a yes or no answer?
    Then why the "Fire away"?
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:14
    Calling something in science a theory is high praise. It is the maximum level an idea in science can reach. It means that the idea has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and testing.

Saying that something in science is "only a theory" makes as must sense as saying that you only finished first in the race or you only got an A+ on your math test.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:17
    I believe it to be true, yes. Not that it is 100% accurate. There are people left out, mainly to make the lines from Adam to David and the lines from David to Jesus even out. Let's call it truth with artistic license.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Finding you Dee Dee in a thread entitled 'facts', is hilarious in itself.
    So's your mom. 😛
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:25
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    is a dogs bark fact or fiction? Based on these questions of theory and fact. We know the dog barks yet still have no proof of how it is done.
    A dog's bark is a fact because it is a piece of information obtained through observation. And we know exactly how a dog barks. It expels air past its vocal cords. It controls the volume by controlling how much air passes the vocal cords and controls the sound by using muscles to tighten or loosen the chords, which changes how they vibrate.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 22:10
    Then why the "Fire away"?
    I sense we may have our wires crossed. So, I'll start again.

Do you believe the genealogies contained in the Bible to be literally true?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 10:25
    I sense we may have our wires crossed. So, I'll start again.

Do you believe the genealogies contained in the Bible to be literally true?
    Ignore the above question Suzianne., I missed see your answer.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 11:23
    So's your mom. 😛
    Mum jokes... what was that about having to be 13+ to be a member here? Hypocrite much?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '14 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Mum jokes... what was that about having to be 13+ to be a member here? Hypocrite much?
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh?

If everyone's going to act 12, then what sense does it make to lecture like a university professor? None.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 23:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The creation was completed in 6 days. The 7th day was a Sabbath rest day to the Lord. You are not sure of many things about creationists because of your ignorance. The fossils in the ground prove they got there because of the worldwide flood of Noah's day. Why else would there be marine fossils found in all the high mountains over the world?
    Ah, you mean we don't have the creationist fairy tale absolutely down pat.

Too bad about that. I mean, I am sure I don't have all of Hansel and Gretel down pat either, they mean about the same to me....
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jan '14 23:57
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Hypocrite? You mean it was totally ok for Robbie to make that snide remark but a reply was unwarranted?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree