1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 23:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    caring is a matter of conscience, why do some care and others do not? i say its the dictates of conscience. why should i entertain the possibility that i could be wrong when i have evidence that i have evaluated correctly? to do so is to give vent to fear, and fear is destructive. also when one is in doubt, one may be blown, hither and zither by ...[text shortened]... that he will receive anything from Jehovah;  he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.
    As I said - you have a right - but I also said what I'll repeat again: that's the same argument I hear from guys who live in caves on the AfPak border - their version is not very convincing and yours isn't either.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Nov '09 23:382 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    As I said - you have a right - but I also said what I'll repeat again: that's the same argument I hear from guys who live in caves on the AfPak border - their version is not very convincing and yours isn't either.
    how many Afghanis and Pakistanis have you met Jack? have you ever been to Afghanistan and Pakistan? shall i point out the fundamental difference, so that you shall be more aware and thus better able to form a more accurate evaluation? Islam as well as Judaism, are based on laws, dietary laws, marriage laws, laws relating to work, laws relating to worship, laws governing dress, laws governing every conceivable action and aspect in life. there is no room for the exercise of the individual conscience within this framework, that is why atrocities are committed, it suppresses the natural exercise of the human conscience. also one does not need to think, for there are laws governing every aspect of a persons life. Not only that, if there is a matter difficult to establish that has no precedent, it is asked of a religious leader, a Molvi in the case of Islam and a Rabbi in the case of Judaism.

Christianity however, is not concerned with laws, there is great freedom of choice based on a proper understanding of the example of Christ and the sacred texts. There are only two laws Jack, to love God and ones fellow man. there is a chasm of a difference between this and a law based religion like Islam, or Judaism for that matter. do you understand the difference? for if you can then how does your statement stand? that is correct, it has been washed away. as a castle made of sand, will fall into the sea, eventually!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree