1. Maryland
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 01:25
    Some parents have so much (misplaced) faith in god that they will not take their children to see a doctor.They simply pray for god to cure their sick child. These parents are guilty of a very bad form of child abuse and should be thrown in jail. These cases are just more proof that prayer is not dependable. God is the 21st century witch doctor.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 01:40
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Some parents have so much (misplaced) faith in god that they will not take their children to see a doctor.They simply pray for god to cure their sick child. These parents are guilty of a very bad form of child abuse and should be thrown in jail. These cases are just more proof that prayer is not dependable. God is the 21st century witch doctor.
    Hmmm-any wise person will tell you ...(oh crap) .. I can't be bothered.
    You know Joe, thats just nuts. I have children, I believe in God, but there is no way in hell I wouldn't take my kid to the doctor- or give it a blood transfusion...just nuts. Gets me angry.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 01:59
    it may interest you to note that faith healing is not a biblical teaching. can you differentiate between a practice and a biblical teaching? can you differentiate between those who profess to be Christians and those who practice what is actually taught? you see how this type of argument is doomed to failure for if it can be established biblically that faith healing is unfounded, what shall happen to your argument? that is correct, you just may be found to be agreeing with what the bible states, and that wouldn't do for an apostate like yourself, would it?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Nov '09 04:39
    I had a friend whos father was a witchdoctor. When he got sick, his father would take him to the hospital.
  5. England
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 11:411 edit
    did not jesus say only the sick need a doctor.
    prays are for the dead, the needs of the soul, etc
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it may interest you to note that faith healing is not a biblical teaching. can you differentiate between a practice and a biblical teaching? can you differentiate between those who profess to be Christians and those who practice what is actually taught? you see how this type of argument is doomed to failure for if it can be established biblically t ...[text shortened]... eeing with what the bible states, and that wouldn't do for an apostate like yourself, would it?
    No - I can't differentiate between those things because all I hear is people calling each other liars. How do I know that you're not going to hell and trying to drag me with you? (Plenty will tell me that.) I'd rather just take responsibility for myself and let you spend your time passing judgment on everyone else (you seem to enjoy it more.)
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:172 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    No - I can't differentiate between those things because all I hear is people calling each other liars. How do I know that you're not going to hell and trying to drag me with you? (Plenty will tell me that.) I'd rather just take responsibility for myself and let you spend your time passing judgment on everyone else (you seem to enjoy it more.)
    Can someone interpret this for me, for either Jack is speaking in tongues, aliens have abducted him and he is suffering some type of trauma as a consequence of being probed, or he still harbours some type of delusion that we all share the TerrierJack world view. Nanu nanu Jack, Mork calling Orson, come in Orson!

you know uncle Jack, i should not talk to you this way, i should respect you or at least have reverence for you, for you are older than me and i am not without manners, but you should also state things plainly and without affectation, if you please.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:301 edit
    Can someone interpret this for me, for either Jack is speaking in tongues, aliens have abducted him and he is suffering some type of trauma as a consequence of being probed, or he still harbours some type of delusion that we all share the TerrierJack world view. Nanu nanu Jack, Mork calling Orson, come in Orson!

you know uncle Jack, i should not ...[text shortened]... ithout manners, but you should also state things plainly and without affectation, if you please.
    Its clear to me.
    It needs no interpretation, perhaps there are different types of English that I'm not aware of .
    Define this word for me - "dissapointment". We'll go from there..
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:383 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Its clear to me.
    It needs no interpretation, perhaps there are different types of English that I'm not aware of .
    Define this word for me - "dissapointment". We'll go from there..
    ok then, you speak to uncle Jack, and if you want a definition of a word, try dictionary.com, as for your post it makes even less sense than uncle Jacks, sorry, but that's a fact. Is it so hard to state things plainly without mundane references to word pictures, if i want to use my imagination, its perfectly fertile and needs no prompting, thank you very much.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:45
    ok then, you speak to uncle Jack, and if you want a definition of a word, try dictionary.com, as for your post it makes even less sense than uncle Jacks, sorry, but that's a fact. Is it so hard to state things plainly without mundane references to word pictures, if i want to use my imagination, its perfectly fertile and needs no prompting, thank you very much.
    He said that you seem to enjoy passing judgment on others. Are you denying that you come off like that?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 20:505 edits
    He said that you seem to enjoy passing judgment on others. Are you denying that you come off like that?
    i 'seem', to 'enjoy', passing judgement. yes that is correct, i am God, i have authority to pass judgement. when there is something more than the banding of opinions contact me, you shall note that all Jacks words amount to is his opinion, Jacks world view, you shall note that your statement is based partially on Jacks opinion, and it itself simply asks for an opinion. As i have stated many times on this forum, my opinion is irrelevant, you shall therefore demonstrate that if my own opinion is irrelevant to anyone except with reference to me, how it has any bearing on judging others, if you please. whether i come across as judgemental, is itself a matter of opinion. i am a straight talker and appreciate when others also talk without affectation. Jack himself cannot handle it, for he sees it as a cop out, some type of shirking of personal responsibility. Even with his experience of years, he should realise that he is advocating a simple human viewpoint, mere opinion masquerading as truth.
  12. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:24
    i 'seem', to 'enjoy', passing judgement. yes that is correct, i am God, i have authority to pass judgement. when there is something more than the banding of opinions contact me, you shall note that all Jacks words amount to is his opinion, Jacks world view, you shall note that your statement is based partially on Jacks opinion, and it itself simply ...[text shortened]... f opinion. i am a straight talker and appreciate when others also talk without affectation.
    I will use small words. I will use short sentences. You do not need my permission to have an opinion. Your argument reduces to: I am correct, they are wrong. That is not an argument. It is a judgment. I have no basis to distinguish between the two. Are you saying that every person that disagrees with you is incapable of reading, thinking, or understanding?

I never deny that I have an opinion but I never say that my opinion is the only correct one. I don't know. I am just doing the best I can. I suspect you are too. You do not have to pronounce judgment to disagree. What does it gain? (I guessed pleasure. I don't really know.)
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:26
    i 'seem', to 'enjoy', passing judgement. yes that is correct, i am God, i have authority to pass judgement. when there is something more than the banding of opinions contact me, you shall note that all Jacks words amount to is his opinion, Jacks world view, you shall note that your statement is based partially on Jacks opinion, and it itself simply ...[text shortened]... realise that he is advocating a simple human viewpoint, mere opinion masquerading as truth.
    Thanks for the clarification 😛 . Your put downs may be subtle, but they are put downs none the less.
    Enough! You have your right of reply-just remember so does everyone else.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:39
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I will use small words. I will use short sentences. You do not need my permission to have an opinion. Your argument reduces to: I am correct, they are wrong. That is not an argument. It is a judgment. I have no basis to distinguish between the two. Are you saying that every person that disagrees with you is incapable of reading, thinking, or understandin ...[text shortened]... pronounce judgment to disagree. What does it gain? (I guessed pleasure. I don't really know.)
    no what you have posted is not an argument, but an opinion. If you would like to substantiate an argument with something other than a mere opinion, then it may take on some credibility, as it stands, its nothing more than mere opinion. I advocate Biblical knowledge, that is, i did not author it, i am merely an advocate of it, therefore i can substantiate my claims, because primarily they are not my opinion. but are based on some other source, in this case the Bible. This is quite important that you understand this point, for it seems to be evading you, when you disagree with my standpoint, you are not disagreeing with me, for i am not the source of your disagreement, the Bible is, therefore your statement that i am judgemental and enjoy passing judgement cannot be true. As for whether another is capable of reading, writing, thinking or understanding, has no relevance here, it is once more nothing more than an opinion, on which you seem to feed. You shall now be pleased to state where i have judged and condemned, if you please.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 21:46
    Thanks for the clarification 😛 . Your put downs may be subtle, but they are put downs none the less.
    Enough! You have your right of reply-just remember so does everyone else.
    if its real put downs you desire, why did you not highlight uncle Jacks text? where did i state that i have a monopoly over the forum posts? nowhere?, then one is best advised to ask, 'what are you talking about?', if i may borrow a phrase that you used yesterday and apply it to yourself, please stop 'bugging me'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree