1. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:02
    The Faith Hope Love clan has the worst record for cheating. What does this say about evangelists on RHP?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:07
    Originally posted by Mixo
    The Faith Hope Love clan has the worst record for cheating. What does this say about evangelists on RHP?
    If that's true it means they are hypocrits!
  3. Subscriberklopdisselboom
    Fossil Fuel Burner
    Pretoria
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:07
    Probably something like - the devil made them do it?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 18:38
    God accepts that we all sin, so as long as you are saved you can do whatever you want.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 19:25
    You mean they are cheating on their spouses?
  6. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 20:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You mean they are cheating on their spouses?
    Reverend, you are toying with us!
    From your constant involvement in the Clans forum you know exactly what sort of cheating.

Now listen up gentle christians. Don't you go peeking in the Clans forum as a real hot momma from the BWA clan has posted a picture of herself and should you feast your eyes on those devilishly angelic contours you will surely commit your soul to hell. 😳
  7. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 20:28
    P.S. No such clause in Taoism. Switch sides now!
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 23:012 edits
    I think perhaps you should ask "what does this say about people’s nature". I would hardly pin a black mark from some people that happen to do something unethical on an entire group.

I bet some of them have gone to Wal-Mart... perhaps we should ask what does this say about Wal-Mart shoppers. Or that all of them have eaten food... what does this say about people who eat food.

How about we just keep it as "what does it say about people" and forget the poor correlation.

Just my 2 pennies.

Oh and for the person said

"God accepts that we all sin, so as long as you are saved you can do whatever you want."

That is incorrect.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 02:35
    Originally posted by ryunix
    I think perhaps you should ask "what does this say about people’s nature". I would hardly pin a black mark from some people that happen to do something unethical on an entire group.

I bet some of them have gone to Wal-Mart... perhaps we should ask what does this say about Wal-Mart shoppers. Or that all of them have eaten food... what does this say about pe ...[text shortened]... all sin, so as long as you are saved you can do whatever you want."

That is incorrect.
    Heretic.
  10. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 02:36

I bet some of them have gone to Wal-Mart... perhaps we should ask what does this say about Wal-Mart shoppers. Or that all of them have eaten food... what does this say about pe ...[text shortened]... all sin, so as long as you are saved you can do whatever you want."

That is incorrect.
    The inside of every human mind is a very strange place. . . .
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 03:14
    what indeed?
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 05:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Heretic.
    Explain.
  13. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 07:52

How about we just keep it as "what does it say about people" and forget the poor correlation.
    I take your point but when a player joins a clan which is loudly proclaiming a Christian ethos, and maybe even chooses a username which emphasises it e.g. "praisethelord" (apologies if that is a real player, I just made it up) and THEN goes on to use a chess engine to cheat, it becomes a particular kind of hypocrisy. Wal-mart shoppers are not making a claim about their moral values in this way.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 07:55
    They don't cheat. They get miracles!
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 07:571 edit
    I take your point but when a player joins a clan which is loudly proclaiming a Christian ethos, and maybe even chooses a username which emphasises it e.g. "praisethelord" (apologies if that is a real player, I just made it up) and THEN goes on to use a chess engine to cheat, it becomes a particular kind of hypocrisy. Wal-mart shoppers are not making a claim about their moral values in this way.
    How so? Man is an inherently vile and evil creature. Christians are no different; they just have accepted Jebus as their Savior and are thus forgiven all their evil and vile acts. So whether you use a chess engine or toss a few Girl Scouts in a furnace, it's all the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_depravity

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree