1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 12:12
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's not what the topic of discussion is about, in case you haven't noticed.

But to answer your question; the commandments of Christ aren't just contained in the four gospels as red letters. The whole council of God, as contained in the entire Bible, is there for every believer to be trusted and obeyed. No Christian will ever say they're not accountable ...[text shortened]... on controlling others behavior.

Rajk and ToO teach a false gospel, which is no gospel at all.
    You continue to misrepresent what we say. Nobody says this:

The idea, as suggested and promoted by Rajk and ToO, is that salvation is contingent on obedience to the law.

These are your words.

Salvation depends on following the commandments of Jesus Christ, chief of which is to love your neighbour, live righteously and do good works. Failure to do that will lead to eternal damnationb.

You can proclaim that you know Christ, love Christ, in Christ all day long, it will do you no good if you do not follow Christ commandments.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 12:151 edit
    The righteousness of God is more than an attribute of God. It is God Himself in His rightness and justice. In His way of rightness and justness God is righteous.

Justification is to cause man to be approved according to God's standard of righteousness. And that standard is God Himself.

God became incarnated in the man Jesus Christ. And God can so identify us with Christ, putting us IN Christ and upon Christ that Christ becomes our righteousness, because He is God Himself.

Is this a strange teaching out of the East, maybe Chine or someplace ? No, rather it is the word of the New Testament :

"But of Him [God] you are IN Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption ..." (1 Cor. 1:30)

Being put INTO Christ by believing INTO Christ God has made Christ ...righteousness to us. He looks upon the believer and sees that the believer's very righteousness is His own Son Jesus Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 12:151 edit
    But there is more. The New Testament says that the believers in Christ have been made "the righteousness of God in Him [Christ]". This means that God looks at the forgiven believer and God sees His own eternal righteousness - Himself because we are in Christ the incarnation of God.

Two wacky Chinese boys made this up ? No. Come back to the New Testament:

" Him [Christ] who did not know sin He [God] made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

Oh skeptic or Athiest, God does not want you to grovel or beg. God DOES want you to BELIEVE.

Believing into Jesus Christ the sinner becomes "THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN HIM" .

Jesus is not interested that you roll across the floor weeping - though you well MAY.
    When you see His love and salvation for you. But God wants us to believe that in Christ we are made the righteousness of God.

So says Second Corinthians 5:21. This is good news.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 12:19
    So:

1.) Righteousness is God Himself (more than an attribute) it is God Himself.

2.) God incarnated as the crucified and resurrected Savior to put us "organically" into Christ.

3.) We are justified because Christ becomes our righteousness.

4.) We are justified because we become the righteousness of God in Christ.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 12:28
    Some Christians rather mistakenly may say "The righteousness of Jesus Christ is mine."

Well, it is better to say the Jesus Christ HIMSELF has become our righteousness. The righteousness of Christ is for Himself. But Christ Himself has become righteousness to the believer.

This having Christ being made our righteousness surpasses any possible worldly wisdom. It is the real wisdom that we need - to know Christ Himself has been made our righteousness.

" But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God:
    both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

That as it is written, He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord." (1 Cor. 1:30,31)

And the believers, astoundingly, have been made the righteousness of GOD in Christ:

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 13:02
    Originally posted by sonship
    Some Christians rather mistakenly may say "The righteousness of Jesus Christ is mine."

Well, it is better to say the Jesus Christ HIMSELF has become our righteousness. The righteousness of Christ is for Himself. But Christ Himself has become righteousness to the believer.

This having Christ being made our righteousness surpasses any possible worldly ...[text shortened]... on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)
    [/quote][/b]
    And the very next verse says :

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (2 Corinthians 5:21-6:1 KJV)

Paul spends the rest of the book of II Corinthians speaking of how live, truthfully, and righteously so that Christian Saints do not receive the grace of God in vain. Some Christians receive the God with a true heart and will prosper in righteousness. Other Christians who are lazy and inherently evil will not.

Some Christian Saints follow this advice and will enter the Kingdom of God.
    Some Christian saints will be like your type and DO NOTHING and will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Its that simple. nobody just gets the 'righteousness of Christ', and is automatically in the Kingdom of God.

As usual you fail to read all that Paul says.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 16:29
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You continue to misrepresent what we say. Nobody says this:

The idea, as suggested and promoted by Rajk and ToO, is that salvation is contingent on obedience to the law.

These are your words.

Salvation depends on following the commandments of Jesus Christ, chief of which is to love your neighbour, live righteously and do good works. Failure ...[text shortened]... Christ, in Christ all day long, it will do you no good if you do not follow Christ commandments.
    Salvation depends on faith alone. Not works.

Your works will not get you saved. Why don't you just admit that that's what the scriptures teach?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 16:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Salvation depends on faith alone. Not works.

Your works will not get you saved. Why don't you just admit that that's what the scriptures teach?
    You listen to and follow whomsover you will.
    I follow Christ.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 17:324 edits
    Jesus is Lord.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 18:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    Jesus is Lord.
    That only has meaning if you follow his commandments and teach others to do the same, otherwise they are empty words.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 18:58
    You listen to and follow whomsover you will.
    I follow Christ.
    Would you care to list the 'good works' that you do that you think are essential and without which you cannot get into the kingdom of Heaven?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:10
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Would you care to list the 'good works' that you do that you think are essential and without which you cannot get into the kingdom of Heaven?
    No. The good works required are clearly listed in the bible and i quoted them several times for you.

Neither do I care to hear about your good works.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:261 edit
    No. The good works required are clearly listed in the bible and i quoted them several times for you.

Neither do I care to hear about your good works.
    So do you have to do them as often as you can, once a day or once a lifetime? How often is enough? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing good works. The part I don't get is how they are supposed to save you.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:31
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    So do you have to do them as often as you can, once a day or once a lifetime? How often is enough? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing good works. The part I don't get is how they are supposed to save you.
    Read Matt 25 three times after meals, and call me in the morning.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:32
    Read Matt 25 three times after meals, and call me in the morning.
    Ok and when I have done that should I black out the rest of the Bible?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree