1. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:35
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Ok and when I have done that should I black out the rest of the Bible?
    Do whatever you like. It your life.
    You choose who want to listen to.
    I choose Jesus
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do whatever you like. It your life.
    You choose who want to listen to.
    I choose Jesus
    Don't you mean you choose Matthew 25? If Matthew 25 is all you need to shape your doctrine on salvation, why was the rest of the Bible written?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:46
    Don't you mean you choose Matthew 25? If Matthew 25 is all you need to shape your doctrine on salvation, why was the rest of the Bible written?
    The teachings of Christ shaped my doctrine on salvation.

Christ is all I need. If you need more then by all means you continue searching.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The teachings of Christ shaped my doctrine on salvation.

Christ is all I need. If you need more then by all means you continue searching.
    You mean only Matthew 25 shapes your doctrine. Do you just blank out all the times Jesus spoke about faith?

As James 2 says, "But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Faith and 'good works' are inseparable. Works done without faith do not please God for it is impossible to please God without faith.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 19:59
    You mean only Matthew 25 shapes your doctrine. Do you just blank out all the times Jesus spoke about faith?

As James 2 says, "But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Faith and 'good works' are inseparable. Works done without faith do not please God for it is impossible to please God without faith.
    Cough cough, King Cyrus.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:01
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Cough cough, King Cyrus.
    Cough cough, are we still stuck in the old covenant?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:04
    Cough cough, are we still stuck in the old covenant?
    It's all the word of God sir. Do you want to exclude the parts you don't like?
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:08
    It's all the word of God sir. Do you want to exclude the parts you don't like?
    You seem to have little grasp for the applicability of the old and the new covenants for someone who has studied theology.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:10
    You seem to have little grasp for the applicability of the old and the new covenants for someone who has studied theology.
    And you seem to have a cavalier attitude towards the bible for someone who professes to be a Christian.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:11
    And you seem to have a cavalier attitude towards the bible for someone who professes to be a Christian.
    Why would you even bother to quote the Bible if you don't even believe it to true?
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:13
    Why would you even bother to quote the Bible if you don't even believe it to true?
    That's a weak argument. Am I prohibited from quoting from all books of fiction?

The point is, you believe it to be true. (Well, some of it at least. The bits you like).
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:171 edit
    That's a weak argument. Am I prohibited from quoting from all books of fiction?

The point is, you believe it to be true. (Well, some of it at least. The bits you like).
    Do you think quoting what you believe to be fiction will somehow disprove the fiction that you are trying to disprove?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:21
    Do you think quoting what you believe to be fiction will someone disprove the fiction is that correct?
    Why does your reasoning deteriorate in to nonsense? Is it the late hour?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '17 20:41
    Why does your reasoning deteriorate in to nonsense? Is it the late hour?
    I have just come out of surgery, could be the pain meds.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jun '17 00:42
    In all of these discussions I, when I have used Matthew 25:32-46 it has NOT been to make a point about Justification by Faith. It has been to make a point about the teaching of eternal punishment being a teaching coming out of the mouth of Jesus Himself.

The condemnation of the goats is a condemnation concerning people alive at the time of the second coming, based on their treatment of the Lord's brothers down to the least of them.

The salvation of the sheep is also concerning people alive at the time of the second coming, based upon their treatment of the Lord's brothers down to the least of them.

This is extremely brief.

These two groups of people either assisted or harassed and neglected a THIRD group of people "the least of these My brothers" .

These two groups - the sheep and the goats did not realize that what they did to the persecuted Christians and Jews during the great tribulation was their DOING IT to Jesus Himself Who was soon to arrive again on the earth.

I only can speak for myself. My references to Matthew 25:31-46 have only been to demonstrate that eternal punishment was something Jesus spoke about in stark clarity.

This teaching of the sheep and the goats and the Lord's brothers down to the least of them is not about justification according to the Gospel of Grace preached by the Christian church. It is about the treatment of refugees, Jews and Christians harassed, destitute, imprisoned, sick, persecuted, oppressed by Antichrist during the last three and one half years of this age before the millennial kingdom.

RJHinds and I had extensive debate on this in years past.

In the end times the situation on this earth will so polarize that the worldly people will consider either sympathy towards to persecuted people of God or that they are a menace and nuisance to society to be discarded and unwanted as troublesome unwanted refugees.

At Christ's touching down on the planet again the world's people will realize as they treated these people down to the least of them, SO they treated the Son of Man - Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree