1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 23:14
    Hope is for losers. I dont want to have to "hope" things will be fixed up or whatever.
    The fairy tale of "hope" has been woven by modern writers into our modern day stories to keep the poor natives calm.
    Its the illusion that had to be created to save their own a$$e$ , to keep the disinformation/overload of surperflous information balanced enough so they maintain their bottom lines.
    Hope is a bad substitute for the real answers we need for the problems our world faces today.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 08:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Hope is for losers. I dont want to have to "hope" things will be fixed up or whatever.
    The fairy tale of "hope" has been woven by modern writers into our modern day stories to keep the poor natives calm.
    Its the illusion that had to be created to save their own a$$e$ , to keep the disinformation/overload of surperflous information balanced enough so t ...[text shortened]... ope is a bad substitute for the real answers we need for the problems our world faces today.
    sometimes all you have is hope
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 09:19
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    sometimes all you have is hope
    Yeah I know... but is that the sort of world you would want to offer your children? A world with only hope?
    I suggest we have the rescources , intelligence and energy to make this world better than that.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 10:01
    Yeah I know... but is that the sort of world you would want to offer your children? A world with only hope?
    I suggest we have the rescources , intelligence and energy to make this world better than that.
    a situation where there is only hope isn't something you strive for. such a situtation happens because the universe aligns perfectly to fuk you up. there isn't anything that you can do to change that and so you are only left with hope that it will be better.

like you get cancer, you done all the chemo you can take. what use is there to be realistic and go lie in a coffin somewhere waiting to die. wouldn't you feel better hoping until the last minute you will get better?
    or what happens after you die. it is something that is completely out of your power to influence. so hope that it would be a nice place or at least not oblivion.
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 10:56
    a situation where there is only hope isn't something you strive for. such a situtation happens because the universe aligns perfectly to fuk you up. there isn't anything that you can do to change that and so you are only left with hope that it will be better.

like you get cancer, you done all the chemo you can take. what use is there to be realistic and g ...[text shortened]... t of your power to influence. so hope that it would be a nice place or at least not oblivion.
    Despair and hope are modifications of the mind and they are phenomena dependently originating, therefore they both lack of inherent being -and this means that I would be delusional if I were cultivating either despair or hope for despair is filth and hope is turbidity. So I discard both despair and hope and I cultivate faith, and faith is having a pure mind without turbidity or filth
    😵
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 11:57
    "They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth instead of truth as authority." - Gerald Massey
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:101 edit

like you get cancer, you done all the chemo you can take. what use is there to be realistic and g t of your power to influence. so hope that it would be a nice place or at least not oblivion.
    maybe it alligns to f up your ego, but I'm not sure spiritual evolution is taking us to a place of hope.

I think what happens after you die is within your power to influence.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:17
    maybe it alligns to f up your ego, but I'm not sure spiritual evolution is taking us to a place of hope.

What happens after you die and how is it within your power to influence it?
    😵
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:20

how can it be within your power to influence your afterlife without belief , hope that there IS an afterlife?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:43
    Originally posted by black beetle
    What happens after you die and how is it within your power to influence it?
    😵
    I suppose you get your karma processed after you die.
    You can influence outcomes with your thoughts.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:44
    how can it be within your power to influence your afterlife without belief , hope that there IS an afterlife?
    Not think in linear terms like "afterlife" is a good start.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 12:57
    Not think in linear terms like "afterlife" is a good start.
    afterlife is by definition what happens after you die. i don't get how it can be linear or nonlinear. unless you used that term to sound awesome. which is counter-productive to our debate.

back to the debate at hand: we do not have any data of what happens after you die. therefore you can't influence it because you don't know what "it" is to influence. therefore all you are left with is hope that it will be something you would enjoy. or faith if you prefer. to me they are interchangeable.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 13:36
    afterlife is by definition what happens after you die. i don't get how it can be linear or nonlinear. unless you used that term to sound awesome. which is counter-productive to our debate.

back to the debate at hand: we do not have any data of what happens after you die. therefore you can't influence it because you don't know what "it" is to influence. ...[text shortened]... will be something you would enjoy. or faith if you prefer. to me they are interchangeable.
    I prefer Black Beetles interpretation of those words. I agree with his sentiments, and found it interesting that you chose not to comment on them.

I advocate "now-thinking". thinking in the now. seeing all of time as one big long now.
    Yes , my vessil was also spawned in a linear framework for orientation. But I've come to discover part of me that is not affected by time.
    I've started to explore that part of myself and see no other things in this life to keep me interested except this...fascination and awe of the floating worlds.

"We do not have data of what happens after you die." What about near-death experiences? Where someone has "crossed over" for a brief period , only to be retrieved from the land of the dead.
    Taking magic mushrooms can also simulate death experiences.

I believe there are some people alive today who can see what happens to you when you die.

But enough of all that hooey.
    Essentially the problem I want to focus on is our problems as a race with mortality. The physical constraints of living within a third dimensional vessil while knowing that something far greater is available to us just around the corner.
    If you want to call it hope thats fine with me. I call it faith.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 13:45
    I suppose you get your karma processed after you die.
    You can influence outcomes with your thoughts.
    How can you get your karma processed and how can you influence outcomes with your thoughts?
    😵
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 14:01
    Originally posted by black beetle
    How can you get your karma processed and how can you influence outcomes with your thoughts?
    😵
    Influence outcomes by terminating thoughts.

I guess karma gets processed in a similar way that it does in this life,using similar archetypes to guide us through the main lessons of the universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree