1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 20:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i watched the war of the worlds yesterday, it was scary!
    There's a new one, right?

Y'know I love those watchtower mags for their artwork.
    Meteorites plundering into the side of the Earth. Good stuff.
    I mite make a collage today.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 20:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    There's a new one, right?

Y'know I love those watchtower mags for their artwork.
    Meteorites plundering into the side of the Earth. Good stuff.
    I mite make a collage today.
    i dunno, it was Tom Cruise, who as an actor i am not really fond of, but he did ok. W/T graphic artists are ok, they have their moments. Actually great care is made to ensure that they are as accurate as possible, sometimes, as was the case of rendering Babylon, an entire model of the city was made and then the views were projected from that model. (it was argued that the Ziggurat in the centre might not have been visible from the river banks, but the model demonstrated that it was. 🙂
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 20:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i dunno, it was Tom Cruise, who as an actor i am not really fond of, but he did ok. W/T graphic artists are ok, they have their moments. Actually great care is made to ensure that they are as accurate as possible, sometimes, as was the case of rendering Babylon, an entire model of the city was made and then the views were projected from that model. ...[text shortened]... tre might not have been visible from the river banks, but the model demonstrated that it was. 🙂
    This is indeed a disturbing universe.
    I find myself agreeing with you too much lately,(barring your stance on womens roles), you sure you haven't been kicked out of the JW's and aren't telling us?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 20:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I took their word for it.
    Well my advice then it not to take the word of people who refuse to publish their work, or do so only in an environment which avoids criticism. I can assure you that no such proof has been presented to the scientific community via the normal channels.

So you are the ones that should be trying to come up with proof to
    prove their proofs are in error.

Yes I probably would if any such proofs were forth coming.
    So far all we have is your word for it that some unnamed 'scientist' have proofs. We don't know who they are or what their proofs consist of. You don't even know what their proofs consist of. I am starting to doubt that you even know who they are.
    So. Do you have any references, or did you make it all up?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That's it.
    But your infinite god could not rule over an infinite universe? Is she limited then?
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 23:17
    Originally posted by menace71
    I know it seems self centered but I would argue odds in the case of a fine tuned universe. (Life more than just human life also) In just this solar system alone and earth in general. Right atmosphere balanced having a moon at the right distance and tides. Sun right distance from earth. (BTW I think it total plausible for these conditions to be somewhere els ...[text shortened]... and for life in general. Rotational speed of the earth right and helps create weather.

Manny
    I think a better naturalistic explanation is that life is fine tuned to conditions, rather than conditions fine tuned to life, and there is a naturalistic process for it if you look at it this way. And life can get by in a rather wide range of conditions. After all, the 20% oxygen atmosphere of Earth was generated by as a byproduct of photosynthesis.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 23:231 edit
    I know it seems self centered but I would argue odds in the case of a fine tuned universe. (Life more than just human life also) In just this solar system alone and earth in general. Right atmosphere balanced having a moon at the right distance and tides. Sun right distance from earth. (BTW I think it total plausible for these conditions to be somewhere els ...[text shortened]... and for life in general. Rotational speed of the earth right and helps create weather.

Manny
    It "seems self-centered" because it is.

Try this thought experiment:
    Imagine thousands of solar systems similar to our own with each one having life on the third planet and each one with differences in the parameters that you listed. In each one the life may be different than what exists here because of those differences. Should the life forms on each planet marvel at how "fine tuned" the conditions are for their own existence? Those that do, would only do so if they cannot see beyond themselves.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 23:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So for you it's a matter of unsubstantiated faith.

I don't understand why theists, mostly fundies, hate the idea of the multiverse.

If your god is infinite, then why can't it rule over an infinite universe?

What's the problem here?

Just the idea you think only atheists believe it?

If atheists like it, fundies hate it no matter what the truth?
    I found something on this multiverse idea.

YouTube&NR=1
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 01:14
    I agree.
    i was walking on the bea....anyway i saw all these people walking their dogs.
    And i thought maybe we're like pets for the aliens. (This idea has been postulated by Perry Farrell in his song "pets"😉.
    I'm thinking these "aliens" are in unseen dimension trying to breed better humans.

Y'know a dog looks at you like it understands and it w ...[text shortened]... mans? will it end? Why do people crap on about god? Why do people believe in a devil?
    I agree with you.....were so busy arguing about God that we lose sight of just living 🙂
    LOL We could be a speck of lint on God's left nut ya know (Sorry for being sacrilegious)

Manny
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 01:16
    I agree with you.....were so busy arguing about God that we lose sight of just living 🙂
    LOL We could be a speck of lint on God's left nut ya know (Sorry for being sacrilegious)

Manny
    I wonder how many light years long this god is? Is she bigger than the known universe?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 02:12
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    It "seems self-centered" because it is.

Try this thought experiment:
    Imagine thousands of solar systems similar to our own with each one having life on the third planet and each one with differences in the parameters that you listed. In each one the life may be different than what exists here because of those differences. Should the life forms on each ...[text shortened]... r their own existence? Those that do, would only do so if they cannot see beyond themselves.
    Let alone planets with binary star systems 😉
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 02:26
    Let alone planets with binary star systems 😉
    Like Tatooine?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 02:29

Manny
    There is no need to EVER apologize to me, my good sir. Your posting history shows you are a decent chap and I always appreciate your well thought out, well trimmed ;], posts.

"just living" is harder than it sounds. Consider how much of a 16-18 hour waking day we spend thinking,(and subsequently sometimes speaking or acting out), about unecessary ,and dare I say, ignorant thoughts each day. I know this guy that lives on 30cents a day. Thats a reflection on his thinking.
    We shouldn't try to compare orselves to any other people, no matter how awesome they are because thier awesomeness is BECAUSE they dont copy anyone else.
    We all scratch around in the dark each day and we all (well nearly all the posters on here anyway), obviously have access to computers,education, healthy food and other things that would make this world good enough to want to bring more children into it.
    Each day we (all the posters here) can contribute in our own little way by making the world like the way it is for us. And if we "simply live" and make even the smallest observation about "truth", we must remember this!!! It's important because YOU have witnessed it and therefor, (As long as you are honest with yourself, which the little angel on your shoulder tells you (before the mean little devil guy on your other shoulder says something else) [always go with your first thought-dont hesitate],) ...therefor I see no obstacles* into leaving this world in a healthier state in general than what it was like when we were born into it.

*the only obstacles we have are power concerns and the supposed lack of technology to make clean power. The answers are out there and have been suppressed by some "powers". (see the thread on Nikola Tesla)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 02:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I wonder how many light years long this god is? Is she bigger than the known universe?
    I dont think oppposite that "opposit thought patterns" , like bigger and smaller , have no meaning in that dimension.
    It's just a hunch ...
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '11 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Like Tatooine?
    Like Sirius

edit: or was it "Arcturia", I cant recalll at the moment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree