1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 19:45
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Why?

Do you think that God is an American?
    She is. And she has no use for Irish rowdies.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 20:16
    Psalms 83:18 states, "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."
    Isaiah 43:10,11 adds in part, "..Before me no God was formed and after me there has been none. I-I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."
    Jesus, as God's representative, taught us to pray for God's Name to be hallowed or made Holy among us.
    Jesus said at John 17:26 in prayer to his Father, "I have made your name known to them and will make it known,...".
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 20:22
    Originally posted by roigam
    Psalms 83:18 states, "May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth."
    Isaiah 43:10,11 adds in part, "..Before me no God was formed and after me there has been none. I-I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."
    Jesus, as God's representative, taught us to pray for God's Name to be hallowed or made Holy ...[text shortened]... 17:26 in prayer to his Father, "I have made your name known to them and will make it known,...".
    Any other god is not a god but something put in place of the true God, our Creator, our Heavenly Father.
    It could be anything from Baal to the "stars" (entertainment or sports, etc.). It is whatever people devote their time and attention to in place of the true God as their worship.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Nov '14 20:23
    Originally posted by roigam
    Any other god is not a god but something put in place of the true God, our Creator, our Heavenly Father.
    It could be anything from Baal to the "stars" (entertainment or sports, etc.). It is whatever people devote their time and attention to in place of the true God as their worship.
    That is why we need to be reconciled back to God through His Son Christ Jesus.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 00:00
    Originally posted by redbadger
    all gods are False Gods, fairytails inventions like the tooth fairy.
    You're half right.

The tooth fairy is real! 😀
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by Sake
    I don't, I never said I did. I have an idea though, but that's not the issue.
    I meant to say against all these religious mongers here on this site, that they show so little love and understanding for everybody who don't buy something in their shop. Only shouting, using big words that they know the truth, whatever that may be when it comes to religions. At the ...[text shortened]... estion: how can you tell god knows? When you can tell what god knows, you know it too don't you?
    "I meant to say against all these religious mongers here on this site, that they show so little love and understanding for everybody who don't buy something in their shop."

If we didn't have the love of God "shed abroad in our hearts" we wouldn't be here sharing the truth of Gods Word to you all so that you can have eternal life too. That is love in case you haven't noticed. It's God's "shop" by the way.

"Only shouting, using big words that they know the truth, whatever that may be when it comes to religions."

I can't hear any shouting. Have you been paying any attention to the things atheists say in this forum? Didn't think so!

"Question: how can you tell god knows?"

How can I tell God knows what? Is there anything God doesn't know?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 00:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    False gods are all the other gods that aren't him. Mars, Artemis, Huitzilopochtli, Dagon, Shiva, etc.
    Shiva?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 00:23
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If there really were that many god's you can be sure there would be lots of supernatural game playing, people floating in the air, walking on water, one god trying to outdo another in the miracle competition.

Seeing non of that, we note there is no competition so it is a safe bet there are no gods doing ANYTHING on Earth, even if there are gods aboundin ...[text shortened]... s, and I will stay hands off too. You stick your deitary assses in here, you are in trouble.....
    the more godly you are the less likely you are to perform an magic.

"miracles" are considered as a weakness of 'god' when people are low on faith.
    [i read that some where]
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 00:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    For Christ's Sake! 😉

How do you know what happens after death? You don't. No one does. No human being that is.

But God knows.
    some people can know. go ask the hindus and train with them for a year and you may see the futures of certain peoples deaths including your own. or you may not, apparently only a few have the right disposition to delve into such insights.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 06:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    Apparently there are 8,000 gods mentioned in the bible!

No there are not.
    Why don't you stop spreading lies?
    I said "apparently" because that is what I read but had not verified it.

How many gods are mentioned in the bible then?
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 06:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Shiva?
    The goddess of cold winter mornings. Half-sister to JackFrost and daughter of Chilblain.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 06:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    In reality there is only one God.
    Exodus 34:14
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord,
    whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Now that is a strange sentence construction if there are no other gods.

If I say to you"Don't move any of your pieces except the king" isn't
    there an implicit idea there that there are other pieces to move?
  13. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 06:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Exodus 34:14
    For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord,
    whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Now that is a strange sentence construction if there are no other gods.

If I say to you"Don't move any of your pieces except the king" isn't
    there an implicit idea there that there are other pieces to move?
    And apparently this a new god for the Abrahamics and his name is Jealous.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 06:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "miracles" are considered as a weakness of 'god' when people are low on faith. [i read that some where]
    I guess it must be true then.
  15. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    12 Nov '14 07:371 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    false because they do not exist or because
    they are not as powerful and/or give false promises?

Apparently there are 8,000 gods mentioned in the bible.

Originally posted by sonship

No there are not.
    Why don't you stop spreading lies?

Well, I am not sure where the 8000 figure comes from, perhaps Wolfgang can eloborate.

However, imho the actual figure is not important. It IS a fact that there are many false gods mentioned in the Bible: the god of the Amorites, the god of the Ammonites, the god of the Philistines, etc etc,

In all those cases the OT says that " The Lord is NOT like the gods of the nations which he detroyed before you, " etc. I am sure you know the references yourself.

In the interlude with Elijah and Baal, the people finally admitted (after the fire from The Lord consumed the sacrifice, which Baal was not able to do) "The LORD, He is God!"

The question which Wolfgang seems to ask is whether, to the people to whom this was addressed, the Lord was the ONLY god, or merely the strongest?

Remember also how when Jacob left Laban, Rachel still brought some of their old "House Gods" with her, to sort of "hedge her bets" as it were?

The point being, in the OT there was a constant battle between The Lord, and the Other Gods, after which God says the Israelites went "a-whoring".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree