1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 07:34
    @suzianne said
    Christianity IS a religion and all these Christians wanting to make it "special" doesn't change that.

I'm more than tired of everyone and their brother dissing "religionists" and claiming that Christianity is not a religion and therefore doesn't have "religionists", when very nearly every single "religionist" I know IS a Christian. Hypocrites abound in Christianity.
    Jesus Christ is the single most unique entity in existence. There's not another like Him. Jesus is very special and so is His church. There's nothing else like the church.

Keep your religion. I'll cling to my Lord and savior in a relationship based on His substitutionary atonement on the cross.

Your perspective is wanting.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 07:37
    @suzianne said
    He never said he wrote it. Everyone replying assumed he did.
    "I write this article with a very heavy heart."

Very first sentence in the article.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:23
    @secondson said
    "I write this article with a very heavy heart."

Very first sentence in the article.
    That's the writer, yes, ummm, duh...

Of course the writer wrote that. It comes after the title, after all.

I am saying that nowhere in the OP did Dj say that his brother wrote it, only that he shared it with him.

Not sure what your problem is with me, but the authorship was indefinite in the OP, and so I asked.

And now I'm getting from you the same "Christianity is not a religion" espoused in the article. What I'm saying is that this opinion is rife on the internet, and I've quite literally "seen it before".

If I'm looking for "religionists", though, my microscope is pointed elsewhere, meaning at Christianity itself.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:33
    @fmf said
    It does to me for the reasons I gave a few weeks ago when this came up before. If people subscribe to notions of supernatural phenomena and beings that have been codified into a religious dogma, then they are religionists. A religionist is a person who is an adherent of a religion and the religious doctrine attendant thereto, regardless of the degree of zealotry, then they are religionist.
    Well, congratulations for ascribing a meaning to a word that is not used by a majority of those using it.

I've told you before that I'm not concerned with your twisted way of seeing the world, since you see it that way for only one reason -- to make fun of this religion. So, in closing, I'll only say to you what I've already said to you numerous times -- that word doesn't mean what you think it does.

Why don't you start calling your buddy divegeester a 'religionist', and let's see how long he lets you get away with it.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:34
    @fmf said
    The OP is merely a bit of waffly and sanctimonious Christian-on-Christian holier-than-thou-ism.
    You have advocated far worse on this very forum.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:41
    @suzianne said
    Why don't you start calling your buddy divegeester a 'religionist', and let's see how long he lets you get away with it.
    He does call me a religionst and I let him “get away with it” because I don’t entirely disagree with him. I use the term to sometime describe the attitudes of posters such as sonship or KellyJay because they are deeply into their “churches”. But even though I am not into corporate religion I still follow a religion, so technically FMF is correct. Either way it’s not something that bothers me.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 09:44
    @suzianne said

I am saying that nowhere in the OP did Dj say that his brother wrote it, only that he shared it with him.

Not sure what your problem is with me, but the authorship was indefinite in the OP, and so I asked.

And now I'm getting from you the same "Christianity ...[text shortened]... king for "religionists", though, my microscope is pointed elsewhere, meaning at Christianity itself.
    Fetchmybecker says on page 2 that “his brother wrote it”. Of course Becker could be mistaken or his brother could be lying.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:49
    @suzianne said

And now I'm getting from you the same "Christianity ...[text shortened]... king for "religionists", though, my microscope is pointed elsewhere, meaning at Christianity itself.
    I don't have a problem with you suzianne.

I'm taking issue with what you've said.

It was clear to me that the article was written by dj's brother by the first sentence. Unlike divegeester I take a person at their word until they are proven to be lying. It appears that some, like divegeester, have been trolling this forum for so long now that they are paranoid about everything they read here.

If you want to believe that Christianity is a religion, then it's no big deal to me. What difference does it make with regards to doctrine anyway? Whether one thinks Christianity is a religion or not boils down to semantics and opinion.

Doctrine is another matter altogether. ✌️
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 11:56
    @suzianne said
    I do. I've been doing it for ten years. I did it when you and I talked about this a few weeks ago, as you know.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:00
    @suzianne said
    You have advocated far worse on this very forum.
    I disagree. I have not advocated anything comparable to sanctimonious Christian-on-Christian holier-than-thou-ism. If you think I have, just say what it is
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 12:061 edit
    @secondson said
    Unlike divegeester I take a person at their word until they are proven to be lying. It appears that some, like divegeester, have been trolling this forum for so long now that they are paranoid about everything they read here.
    Your boner for me is showing through your pants Joseph.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 13:03
    @divegeester said
    Your boner for me is showing through your pants Joseph.
    Definitely paranoid.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 13:06
    @secondson said
    Definitely paranoid.
    What would I be paranoid about; that your God is going to "get me".

Would you say I was an enemy of your God?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 15:54
    @divegeester said
    What would I be paranoid about; that your God is going to "get me".

Would you say I was an enemy of your God?
    I don't know BillyBob. What are you paranoid about? Your sexual identity? According to your post above you seem inordinately interested in what's in my pants.

Odd behavior for someone that calls himself a Christian.

Odd too that you should infer we have different gods since all Christians know there is only one God.

If you're an enemy of God you would know that better than I would.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 16:11
    @suzianne said

You are correct of course.

Fundamentalist Christians have the reputation they deserve.

Kind of like being in the Twilight Zone, innit?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree