False Science Exposed

False Science Exposed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by lemon lime
All right! Okay! Stop yelling at me! I'll upgrade that to "pinhead extraordinaire".

If I grant you a title any higher than that I can expect to hear from the Brotherhood of Pinheads Union... and they are no less painful to listen to than you are.
I am not yelling at all. A few posts ago you said "this was just too good to let pass" and yet while the point I'm making and my question to Suzianne is crystal clear and on-topic, what you are on about is not clear at all. It was Suzianne who called people in the science debate here "pinheads" not me. Thread 162652.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
But that's my point here, Ron.

It's NOT the Bible you are "believing". What you are believing is your own, weird interpretation of the Bible. The Bible never says the earth is the physical center of the universe, just like it never says the earth is only 6,000 years old. You are "believing" your own bizarre interpretation of what the Bible does say.
When did I say the earth was the center of the universe? It may be, but I don't know.

What does 1 Chronicles 16:30 mean to you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 15

Heliocentrism is the only explanation of why some planets appear to have retrograde motion. If geocentrism was true, no planet would ever exhibit retrograde motion. If Mercury and Venus (the only two planets closer to the sun) were orbiting earth, their orbits would take them completely around the earth, something that is not observed.

Is that good enough for you?

Geeeeez, if only everything was that easy.
I am not really into astronomy, so what you say may be true, but I don't really know. Do you have any references for this?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Heliocentrism Debunked - False Science Exposed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSLsOx_sbOk

Geocentrism : Galileo was Wrong

Published on Sep 29, 2014

Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatise that demonstrates from the scientific evidence that heliocentrism (the concept that the Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the su ...[text shortened]... x Tegmark, Julian Barbour, and George F. R. Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8XfTUgCRlc
I finally settled in to watch and listen to the youtube video. I'll admit it has entertainment value, but I really couldn't take anything he was saying seriously. I only watched a little over half of it... I might go back to watch the whole thing later tonight.

He started off saying the earths axis couldn't always be pointing to Polaris. I don't know why not, because the enormous distance from earth to Polaris would make any minor change in position virtually impossible to detect. But then he went on to prove his idea of how the axis couldn't always point to Polaris by showing how distant objects (when riding in a car) appear to change position much slower than closer objects... ? I don't get it. If something as far away as Polaris can appear to remain in the same fixed position, then why demonstrate how distant objects are able to (relatively) remain in more of a fixed position compared to closer objects?

I'll have to listen to what he was saying about the 23.5 degree tilt again, because I'm still not sure what he was saying about that...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by FMF
Who was trolling? You? I'm just responding to what you said. This is exactly what you said in reply to the OP on the "Is the science/theism dichotomy necessary?" thread:

[b]Eh, there are 'pinheads' on both sides of the divide. Any random perusal of this forum should convince you of this.

If one were to randomly per ...[text shortened]... ing about or not? If he isn't one of your supposed "pinheads" on his side of this issue, who is?[/b]
Sorry. Not. Feeding. The. Troll. Today.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 15

*sigh* I should know better...

feed the troll, pay the price
Exactly!

If everyone learned this lesson, he'd find himself with no one to talk to, and this forum would be a kinder, gentler place.

F

Moves
05 Feb 15

Here's what you said: Thread 162652. Asking you about what you said and who you meant when you said it can hardly be described as trolling you.

F

Moves
05 Feb 15

If everyone learned this lesson, he'd find himself with no one to talk to, and this forum would be a kinder, gentler place.
Oh the irony.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Feb 15

"The." [six emphatic periods......]

___| O ___| : Falling asleep while doing an LOL

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

[hidden] ___| O ___| : Falling asleep while doing an LOL[/hidden]
LO...

suffering a lapse in memory whilst attempting to do an LO... aw, dang it!

F

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

[hidden] ___| O ___| : Falling asleep while doing an LOL[/hidden]
Do you wonder if you are one of the "pinheads" Suzianne was talking about [when it comes to the science v faith debate]? She claims they are here, and suggests they are easily found, but she's coy about naming names and has been deflecting since I asked her about it. 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 15

I finally settled in to watch and listen to the youtube video. I'll admit it has entertainment value, but I really couldn't take anything he was saying seriously. I only watched a little over half of it... I might go back to watch the whole thing later tonight.

He started off saying the earths axis couldn't always be pointing to Polaris. I don't know w ...[text shortened]... ng about the 23.5 degree tilt again, because I'm still not sure what he was saying about that...
It is rather long and drwan out. I can't really say much about the astronomy aspect of the controversy, but practically, I don't see why the earth has to be spinning like a top. It certainly doesn't look or feel like it is and there appears to be no solid evidence that I understand that proves it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you wonder if you are one of the "pinheads" Suzianne was talking about [when it comes to the science v faith debate]? She claims they are here, and suggests they are easily found, but she's coy about naming names and has been deflecting since I asked her about it. 😉
I would not eliminate myself as one of her pinheads on one side nor you on the otherside of the divide. So perhaps, we should just let it go at that. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
And now phase 2 of your obsessive-compulsive reaction begins.

Predictable as always.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by FMF
Oh the irony.
Oh the pathos.