The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 05:22
    Heliocentrism Debunked - False Science Exposed

YouTube

Geocentrism : Galileo was Wrong

Published on Sep 29, 2014

Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatise that demonstrates from the scientific evidence that heliocentrism (the concept that the Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the sun) is an unproven scientific theory; and that geocentrism (the view that the Earth is in the center of the universe and does not move by either rotation or revolution) is not only supported by the scientific evidence but is admitted to be a logical and viable cosmology by many of the world's top scientists, including Albert Einstein, Ernst Mach, Edwin Hubble, Fred Hoyle and many more.

Robert A. Sungenis, Ph.D. is the president of Catholic Apologetics International and is the author of many books and articles on theology, science, culture and politics. Robert J. Bennett, Ph.D. has been an instructor of physics and mathematics for many years at various academic institutions.

In 2014, Sungenis funded the production of a film called The Principle, which features interviews with Lawrence Krauss, Michio Kaku, Max Tegmark, Julian Barbour, and George F. R. Ellis

YouTube
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 07:22
    You're kidding us, right?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 07:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you watch wacko videos on YouTube, then Google picks up on it really quickly, and soon starts feeding you a steady stream of increasingly far out content. Before long, that is all you are exposed to, and if you watch enough YouTube every day you go insane.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 08:431 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I haven't looked at it yet, but unless I miss my guess it has less to do with truth than with showing how almost anything can be proven or disproven.

Whether the conclusion is correct or not is not the point. The point is how science (with a bit of intellectual gymnastics) can be used to point to whatever outcome we want to arrive at. So I'm guessing it's meant to be an intellectual exercise, to illustrate how easy it is to bend facts to what we want to (or already) believe.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 09:10
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I haven't looked at it yet, but unless I miss my guess it has less to do with truth than with showing how almost anything can be proven or disproven.

Whether the conclusion is correct or not is not the point. The point is how science (with a bit of intellectual gymnastics) can be used to point to whatever outcome we want to arrive at. So ...[text shortened]... al exercise, to illustrate how easy it is to bend facts to what we want to (or already) believe.
    Luckily for science, none of that is true. There is a reason why you have a working computer in front of you, and not just something you 'want to believe' in front of you.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 09:30
    😵
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 09:52
    Ok, who's giving odds that his next thread declares that the Earth is flat...
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 09:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Luckily for science, none of that is true. There is a reason why you have a working computer in front of you, and not just something you 'want to believe' in front of you.
    They both have their place. Expecting one to replace the other is folly.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 10:50
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Ok, who's giving odds that his next thread declares that the Earth is flat...
    Is Earth Actually Flat?

YouTube
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 11:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Is Earth Actually Flat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs
    Vsauce is one of my favourite channels. It makes me wonder if you're not that parody extremist kind he's talking about. If so, you're doing an excellent job, I must say. 🙂
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '10
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 16:54
    I had a flat earth science teacher who challenged us to argue with him. Years later I figured out that he wanted us to know why we know the world is round, not just because "everybody knows that". Is this geocentrism the same idea?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 17:50
    Originally posted by catstorm
    I had a flat earth science teacher who challenged us to argue with him. Years later I figured out that he wanted us to know why we know the world is round, not just because "everybody knows that". Is this geocentrism the same idea?
    What was his reply as to why boats disappear from view when you get a few miles away?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 17:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Heliocentrism Debunked - False Science Exposed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSLsOx_sbOk

Geocentrism : Galileo was Wrong

Published on Sep 29, 2014

Galileo Was Wrong is a detailed and comprehensive treatise that demonstrates from the scientific evidence that heliocentrism (the concept that the Earth rotates on its axis and revolves around the su ...[text shortened]... x Tegmark, Julian Barbour, and George F. R. Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8XfTUgCRlc
    You could have fooled NASA, sending all those probes to inner and outer planets and seeing them rotate and stuff. So NASA was wrong too, eh.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 18:251 edit
    Wow... That first video is more dangerous to brain cells than embalming fluid.

Somebody please teach that guy how to record sound and edit video's
    because that was painful.

The sheer amount of stupid in that video... The guy doesn't understand parallax,
    I mean at all.

He seems to think that the effect of parallax you see driving along the road
    whereby close things have a higher angular velocity than far things... means that
    we should see close things in the sky going around faster than far things if the
    Earth were rotating... [Take a moment to let your mind boggle]

Because when you rotate on the spot the things close to you totally go around
    you faster than the things that are far away...

I mean sometimes you will have to spin 200 times to get distant mountains to go
    around you once...

I have tried twice and I can't finish that video... The stupid is just too painful.

EDIT: I realise that there is stiff competition... But I think that this is the stupidest
    thing Hinds has ever posted. I'm struggling to believe that there is ONE person in
    the world stupid enough to think this... let alone two.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Feb '15 18:33
    Awesome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree