1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 20:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The whole idea of the gap theory seems to be to fit billions or millions of years of death and destruction in the Genesis account to accomodate the time needed for the evolution theory to be possible.

There are other scriptures that sonship brings up on the Genesis 1:1-2 thread to construct the past history. It seems to be something like evolutionists h ...[text shortened]... tories of cavemen and their families all from a tooth that turned out to be from an extinct pig.
    Okay, I get it now. I'm able to get a bit more from reading between the lines too. But there's not enough room between those lines to accommodate evolution... I would have to focus on only those two verses and ignore everything else.

Caveman need much bigger wooden mallet for that...

ook ook... (scratch and sniff)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 02:26
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Okay, I get it now. I'm able to get a bit more from reading between the lines too. But there's not enough room between those lines to accommodate evolution... I would have to focus on only those two verses and ignore everything else.

Caveman need much bigger wooden mallet for that...

ook ook... (scratch and sniff)
    I made a thread (The Gap Theory) that gives a sermon by one preacher that attempts to use "The Gap Theory" to accomodate the false science of billions of years of geological history within the Holy Bible.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 02:27
    The whole idea of the gap theory seems to be to fit billions or millions of years of death and destruction in the Genesis account to accomodate the time needed for the evolution theory to be possible.

There are other scriptures that sonship brings up on the Genesis 1:1-2 thread to construct the past history. It seems to be something like evolutionists h ...[text shortened]... tories of cavemen and their families all from a tooth that turned out to be from an extinct pig.
    This question might seem to be coming from left field, but I have a good reason for asking...

Have you ever watched a TV show called Unsealed: Alien Files?

It's a hoot to watch how quickly the word "possible" becomes "is", or how speculation becomes an earth shattering fact in only a matter of minutes. And if you listen carefully, sometimes speculation or 'possible' sightings can become a solid fact in mere seconds. If you've ever watched that show you know what I mean.

I would have liked watching this show years ago with my kids, so they could be exposed to faulty reasoning and semi-slick persuasion techniques... because it's done so badly that it's actually very entertaining, and often comical.

"Grab some popcorn kids, that funny show is on again!"
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 02:311 edit
    I made a thread (The Gap Theory) that gives a sermon by one preacher that attempts to use "The Gap Theory" to accomodate the false science of billions of years of geological history within the Holy Bible.
    I watched a video today of a preacher who went into great detail over the meaning of Gen 1:1,2. He had me going there for awhile, until he began explaining what the word "became" means... or more to the point, what it meant to him.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 02:33
    This question might seem to be coming from left field, but I have a good reason for asking...

Have you ever watched a TV show called Unsealed: Alien Files?

It's a hoot to watch how quickly the word "possible" becomes "is", or how speculation becomes an earth shattering fact in only a matter of minutes. And if you listen carefully, sometimes speculat ...[text shortened]... very entertaining, and often comical.

"Grab some popcorn kids, that funny show is on again!"
    No, I haven't seen it. But I saw Mork and Mindy. It was about a space alien sent to earth and is pretty funny.

YouTube
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 02:49
    No, I haven't seen it. But I saw Mork and Mindy. It was about a space alien sent to earth and is pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6aePsEBWuE
    I don't know if Unsealed is meant to be funny or not. Once in a while the right eye of one of the regular speakers will start twitching... I'm not sure why, but it could be an involuntary reaction to past (or imagined) criticism. At first I thought it was because he might be lying, but I don't think that's it.

I look for signs of intentional deception, or other possible things going on with the regular speakers. And then there's the voice-over narration, they definitely got the right guy for doing that. 🙂
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 03:46
    I don't know if Unsealed is meant to be funny or not. Once in a while the right eye of one of the regular speakers will start twitching... I'm not sure why, but it could be an involuntary reaction to past (or imagined) criticism. At first I thought it was because he might be lying, but I don't think that's it.

I look for signs of intentional deception, ...[text shortened]... en there's the voice-over narration, they definitely got the right guy for doing that. 🙂
    I think I found it on Youtube. There are a few episodes there and I looked at the one about Life on Mars. It is done like a documentary, but it is obviously science fiction. It claims that NASA and the government is trying to hide evidence of life on Mars from the public.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 04:55
    I think I found it on Youtube. There are a few episodes there and I looked at the one about Life on Mars. It is done like a documentary, but it is obviously science fiction. It claims that NASA and the government is trying to hide evidence of life on Mars from the public.
    I sincerely doubt the creators of that show believe what is shown there. The way it's presented they seem to want to quickly bypass the reasoning portions of your brain, and go straight into the emotional centers.

I like the way they make it sound so urgently important for us to hear. It's like the HG Wells radio broadcast that convinced so many people earth was under Martian attack. But who knows, maybe earth was under Martian attack, and we just don't know it because the government quickly swept all information about it under the rug. And then men in black were dispatched to zap the memory of it out of peoples heads... and they can do that, I saw that happen in a movie... with my own eyes.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 06:10
    I sincerely doubt the creators of that show believe what is shown there. The way it's presented they seem to want to quickly bypass the reasoning portions of your brain, and go straight into the emotional centers.

I like the way they make it sound so urgently important for us to hear. It's like the HG Wells radio broadcast that convinced so many people ...[text shortened]... out of peoples heads... and they can do that, I saw that happen in a movie... with my own eyes.
    You got it. Ha, ha. 😀
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '15 19:391 edit

I look for signs of intentional deception, ...[text shortened]... en there's the voice-over narration, they definitely got the right guy for doing that. 🙂
    Don't forget the "Searching for Bigfoot' bunch or the 'searching for ghosts' crowd. They do their skit with say an IR camera and the Bigfoot boys find a bunch of stories or have some grainy movies of what is most likely a human in some kind of ape suit and they do these 'scientific' studies of the gate of the supposed beast and so forth. And then they set up in the woods for a couple of nights and then have reactions to every hoot and holler in the woods, panning to frightened faces "WHAT WAS THAT? I don't know, probably Bigfoot"

Then the Ghost crowd will have an ionic charge indicator coupled with a temperature probe, or FLIR camera and every shadow on the wall is now a ghost.

It might even be a valid experiment if say, the bigfoot dudes were to set up a long term study, say a year or two covering the same area but what they do is set up for a weekend or so and then make these huge announcements and then send some goat hair in for DNA analysis, totally sure they found some Bigfoot DNA. Real science in action, eh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree