Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

Famous Scientists Who Believed in God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
27 Apr 12
2 edits

HINT.

Before watching this video first observe what posters like whitehead, googlefudge, humy, and VoidSpirit say about it.

If they say they couldn't make it through three minutes and such stuff, it is probably worth seeing.

Wait a bit first to see how atheists react. Otherwise it may not be too good.

Atheist's Head Explode #2 in response to attempted rebuttal to How To Make An Atheist's Head Explode

&feature=related

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by jaywill
HINT.

Before watching this video first observe what posters like whitehead, googlefudge, and VoidSpirit say about it.

If they say they couldn't make it through three minutes and such stuff, it is probabaly worth seeing.

[b]Atheist's Head Explode #2
in res ...[text shortened]... An Atheist's Head Explode [/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6sUlXujXR0&feature=related[/b]
Make your own damn arguments rather than asking people to watch hour after hour of
drivel that you seem to think makes a good argument on youtube.

I watched the entirety of the WLC video you linked and I took the considerable amount of
time to transcribe it and respond to his pathetic and as it turned out non-existent arguments
and refuted his position to which you simply post more frigging videos.

Why should we bother watching this tripe if you just respond by posting more of it and can never
be bothered to compose your own arguments.

If you like the arguments from any of these videos then make them yourself and don't try to fob us
off with endless youtube videos.

Because trust me I can spam videos at you just as much as you can and youtube has no shortage of people
ripping your arguments and positions apart.

However counter posting youtube videos is intellectually bankrupt and pointless.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 12
1 edit

HINT.

Before watching this video first observe what posters like whitehead, googlefudge, humy, and VoidSpirit say about it.

If they say they couldn't make it through three minutes and such stuff, it is probably worth seeing.

[b]Atheist's Head Explode #2
i ...[text shortened]... An Atheist's Head Explode [/b]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6sUlXujXR0&feature=related[/b]
what a brilliant video, its true that our dear atheist friends more or less religiously and
dogmatically believe in unobserved phenomena, its rather fascinating to be honest.
They were a little condescending though in calling the atheist a drone. Yay it mentions
Jehovah!

j

Moves
27 Apr 12
1 edit

We only need to see if twhitehead, googledudge, humy, and VoidSpirit cannot stand the video for one reason or another, it is probably worth seeing.

Let the atheists clue us.

The First Part -

&feature=relmfu

Another YouTuber's take on the debate

&feature=relmfu

rc

Moves
27 Apr 12
1 edit

We only need to see if twhitehead, googledudge, humy, and VoidSpirit cannot stand the video for one reason or another, it is probably worth seeing.

The First Part -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJJq7JSV85Q&feature=relmfu
are you conducting an experiment? Do you think their minds will blow? I do.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Apr 12

I don't comment on your videos because I don't watch them. I don't watch them because I know that you don't actually believe the content that is in them. I know this because you never respond to criticism of videos you post, instead you simply post more links.
So why do you do it? What do you hope to achieve? Do you think you are spreading your religion? I hope you realize that your behavior does not speak well for your religion. Are you familiar with dasa? Do you think his antics on this forum has made you more or less positive about the vedas?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what a brilliant video, its true that our dear atheist friends more or less religiously and
dogmatically believe in unobserved phenomena, its rather fascinating to be honest.
They were a little condescending though in calling the atheist a drone. Yay it mentions
Jehovah!
Did you witness that?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
And what, if any, conclusions would you like us to draw from that?
Presumably, if a famous scientist is religious, he is a lot smarter than you, so he must be right not only about his discipline but religion also.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Apr 12
1 edit

John Lennox: "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......blah"

And you want your post to be taken with seriousness after this immature display ?

Shame on you Dr.

Finnigan: - Blah Blah Blah Blah ... blah ... blah, blah, blah ...

I think you should go back to your other posture. I actually read through your first post more than once very carefully.
that was actually a pretty good simulation of that debate. it also pretty much describes every theist who ever debated dawkins.

theist: "blah blah blah ad nauseam"

dawkins: "no"

the only difference is that some of them like lennox, can articulate their nonsense with scientific sounding terms to confuse the uneducated theist.

none of those theists who watch those videos, once having listened to lennox (and gang), can use those arguments to hold their own against atheists. that's probably why you just post the videos without discussing the content and why rjhinds has gone off the wacky end lately by completely cloaking himself in the comforting embrace of self delusion.

Moves
27 Apr 12

The First Part -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJJq7JSV85Q&feature=relmfu

Another YouTuber's take on the debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJ3bEeLD04&feature=relmfu
people dont have time to sit and watch hours of youtube posts, then go through each point and explain why they disagree. if the atheist on here did the same it would kill the forum, it would just be a bunch of posts containing youtube links.

why dont you pick out a few of the points you like and start a thread about them, then you get a chance of decent debate with arguments going back and forth. if the guy in the video says 50 different things then the thread is all over the place with no focus.

we all know there are good videos for arguing for and against god on youtube, surly the point of the forum is for people to come on and talk about their own thoughts and opinions not to get youtube to do it for them.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
people dont have time to sit and watch hours of youtube posts, then go through each point and explain why they disagree. if the atheist on here did the same it would kill the forum, it would just be a bunch of posts containing youtube links.

why dont you pick out a few of the points you like and start a thread about them, then you get a chance of de ...[text shortened]... to come on and talk about their own thoughts and opinions not to get youtube to do it for them.
one may provide a point of reference, a video link or a website, a quotation, a news
article whatever, it matters not if it foments discussion.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Apr 12

one may provide a point of reference, a video link or a website, a quotation, a news
article whatever, it matters not if it foments discussion.
Which is all well and good. However, jaywill is simply posting link after link without any explanation and refusing to discuss the contents. If you post a link and claim you support the content as factual or even of interest, then you should be prepared at a minimum to discuss it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by humy
Darwin was ignorant about DNA/RNA you moron.

so? how is Darwin not knowing about DNA relevant?

If he did not believe that God was the creator, he had no other choice but to believe it just
happened by accident.

wrong. He came to believe neither just like all people that understand his theory.

EVOLUTION IS NOT AN ...[text shortened]... d life forms although the actual physical evidence still clearly points to a common ancestry.
Can't you read and understand anything? I gave the amoeba as an
ezample. I never said Darwin believed that all living things descended
from an amoeba. I said like an amoeba. Dont you know what "like" means?
Darwin liked knowledge and believed things that were wrong and at least
some of us know better now. Apparently, you don't. You don't even know
the evolutionary theory.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
Which is all well and good. However, jaywill is simply posting link after link without any explanation and refusing to discuss the contents. If you post a link and claim you support the content as factual or even of interest, then you should be prepared at a minimum to discuss it.
he has many children, his time is limited, we must be patient with him.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Apr 12

he has many children, his time is limited, we must be patient with him.
Stop giving excuses for him. If you have extra time on your hands for such pathetic excuses why not use it more productively by discussing (on his behalf) one of the videos he posted?