1. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't believe you. I think you wanted to make a point, but are not willing to be specific about what your point is, because you fear that you will look like a fool when your point gets discredited.
    don't you! I dont give F#?! what you think
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 18:55
    Originally posted by humy
    http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html
    “...The Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: "Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." ...”

When Einstein talked about “God”, he was not talking about a supernatural god but of “everything”. And what he meant by “God” i ...[text shortened]... guess that destroys what little religious propaganda value this thread may have had.
    You are trying to disprove something you call propagnada with even more
    propaganda. Where is the logic?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 18:58
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    no he didnt.
    Yes He did. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:00
    “...set aside your scientific principles for a few moments ...”

you are asking him to be stupid for a few moments.
    What do you think are the chances of him doing this?
    Maybe he is already being stupid.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:07
    Originally posted by tim88
    don't you! I dont give F#?! what you think
    You clearly do, or you wouldn't be resorting to bad language.

Why is it so hard to just be honest and make your point? Why is lying for God so popular?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:17

Why is it so hard to just be honest and make your point? Why is lying for God so popular?
    Why is lying for God so popular?

Jesus sheds some light on those who do in the following:
    John 8
    44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are trying to disprove something you call propagnada with even more
    propaganda. Where is the logic?
    “...You are trying to disprove something ..”

what is this “something” that I am trying to disprove?
    tim88 never said what he was trying to prove ( if anything ) .

And do you deny the statistical facts in http://www.ehow.com/info_8115822_studies-iq.html ?

if not, then it cannot be mere "propaganda" because it is the "facts".
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:36
    That is what I also suspected of him.
    I think I have discredited any implied point he may have secretly wished to make with my main posting on this page where I gave the link:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8115822_studies-iq.html
    [b]“...Studies about IQ have come to the conclusion that religious people are less intelligent than atheists. According to a 1986 ar ...[text shortened]... to be religious....
    ….
    edit

I wonder why religious people generally have lower IQ ? 😛
    Perhaps it is just as pertinent to ask why people with low IQ scores have a greater tendency toward having religious beliefs?

Could it be related to the dominant cerebral hemisphere phenomenon? I believe there were studies regarding Artistic versus mathematical abilities.

P.s have tried google but my work based p.c keeps filtering out the search results.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 19:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe he is already being stupid.
    No. If he was already stupid then he probably would be believing there is a supernatural god:

“...Studies about IQ have come to the conclusion that religious people are less intelligent than atheists.

"Studies have consistently found that the lower the IQ score, the more likely a person is to be religious....
    …. “
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 21:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you prove that he isn't.
    I already have proved this
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 00:371 edit
    No. If he was already stupid then he probably would be believing there is a supernatural god:

“...Studies about IQ have come to the conclusion that religious people are less intelligent than atheists.

"Studies have consistently found that the lower the IQ score, the more likely a person is to be religious....
    …. “
    I would not put too much trust in the conclusions. These people have a tendency
    to do a lot of assuming.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 00:40

Unlike me, he at least censored his language for you. HalleluYah !!! 😏
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 01:45
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I think what we can conclude from it is that as time goes on, fewer and fewer intelligent, educated and thoughtful people believe in a personal God.

The fact that you choose to trumpet the existence of the minority who still do have such a belief reveals your insecurity and need for external justification.

--- Penguin.
    I'm not sure which is worse, listening to this or Dasa.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 03:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm not sure which is worse, listening to this or Dasa.
    I think he is trying to be an amateur Psychologist like these guys.

http://www.chriswalkeronline.com/chris_blog/2010/03/amateur-psychology-walkers-law-of-lesser-pissers.html

http://www.adequacy.org/stories/2002.7.21.17159.2184.html
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    06 Apr '12 03:26
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What I hear SH saying is that there is no evidence of the existence of God. In what way do you see this position as being a product of ego? If anything, the insistence of the existence of God without evidence seems to point to ego: The individual has anxiety/fear of the unknown and his ego constructs the notion of God and all that goes with it, in order t ...[text shortened]... idual then defends his notion of God in order to protect that which alleviates his anxiety/fear.
    The Saints and theistic philosophers that India has produced over the ages are innumerable. Many of them are living today. Their sayings, the poetry or prose that they wrote, the advice that they gave to the troubled and the unhappy is all very well known and in many cases written down. None--- I repeat NONE-- of these persons have exhibited any anxiety of any kind, let alone fear of the unknown. On the contrary, their overridingly common characteristics were Confidence and Serenity. They had firsthand Knowledge of God and this experience is enough to liberate anyone from all earthly chains and bonds like ego and fear and so on.
    I am not insisting on the existence of God. This is a matter of personal belief and moreover that of direct experience. I am on my way there but I have yet to realize God. I wish, though, that I could convince you or Sonhouse in some way of the existence of God. Sonhouse is a grandfather. So I did ask him sometime ago, whether when looking at the smile of his grandchild he was not convinced of the existence of God. I do not think he replied that.
    Unless one gets one's ego out of the way, there is no learning possible. Surely, that is there in your Psychology Primer that you are chucking at me ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree