1. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 02:11
    Does anyone here have a favorite Bible verse? I've been reading through it (right now I'm on 2 Kings) and so far I like when the Philistines steal the ark and it curses them, when Elisha curses 42 boys in the name of the LORD, when the king of Israel has a party for the prophets of Baal, saying whoever doesn't come will be put to death and then he kills them all! Please post your favorite verses here!
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 03:141 edit
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    Does anyone here have a favorite Bible verse? I've been reading through it (right now I'm on 2 Kings) and so far I like when the Philistines steal the ark and it curses them, when Elisha curses 42 boys in the name of the LORD, when ...[text shortened]... nd then he kills them all! Please post your favorite verses here!
    Wow. Those are some great ones. How about when a man sends his concubine (a young girl by Biblical accounts) out to be gang raped?

Remember what he does next?

"27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, "Get up; let's go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. 30 Everyone who saw it said, "Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Think about it! Consider it! Tell us what to do!"

Judges 19:27-30 (NIV)

I bet you loved chapter 20 too. When all the tribes of Israel, with the exception of the Benjamites (the tribe from which the rapists came), rise up and attack the Benjamites, and the Benjamites kill tens of thousands, until the Lord decides to give the other Israelites the victory a few days later.

Great stuff, though you're most of the way through the best parts. Oh well, you've still got Job ahead of you, right? 🙂
  3. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 May '05 03:21
    😠 No I didn't like those ones ^
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 04:02
    😠 No I didn't like those ones ^
    Hey, it's the WORD OF GOD. If you don't like it, take it up with him.

5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 May '05 04:29
    Originally posted by telerion
    Hey, it's the WORD OF GOD. If you don't like it, take it up with him.

Well said, for a cup cake.

MEOW.

ES
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    27 May '05 09:10
    Does anyone here have a favorite Bible verse? I've been reading through it (right now I'm on 2 Kings) and so far I like when the Philistines steal the ark and it curses them, when Elisha curses 42 boys in the name of the LORD, when the king of Israel has a party for the prophets of Baal, saying whoever doesn't come will be put to death and then he kills them all! Please post your favorite verses here!
    I have been young, and now I am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. PSALMS 37:25
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 May '05 11:00
    "I will curse the seed from which you come and spread dung upon your faces." Malachi 2:3
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 17:50
    I've always liked Deuteronomy 32:42

"I will make my arrows drunk with blood, while my sword devours flesh: the bolld of the slain and the captives, the heads of the enemy leaders."

Just kidding. Here's my real favorite:

"From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered your terrors and am in despair. Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me. All day long they surround me like a flood; they have completely engulfed me. You have taken my companions and loved ones from me; the darkness is my only friend."

Psalm 88:15-18

This is not the word of God, but instead a riviting example of an individual perspective of God which we can embrace and find wisdom in.

... --- ...
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 18:09

Sometimes I wonder whether these anti-Bible threads are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish or veiled anti-Semite propaganda. They keep popping up all over the place like annoying advertisements for detergents.
  10. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 18:14
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

Sometimes I wonder whether these anti-Bible threads are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish or veiled anti-Semite propaganda. They keep popping up all over the place like annoying advertisements for detergents.
    They are anti-"Bible as the Word of God" and nothing else, at least when they come form me.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:04
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    They are anti-"Bible as the Word of God" and nothing else, at least when they come form me.

If the Quran is being flushed down the toilet and treated disrespectfully by the Americans the Islam world protests massively and rightfully so, but it seems Americans can flush the Bible through the toilet and then this disrespectful action is called freedom of speech.
  12. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:23

If the Quran is being flushed down the toilet and treated disrespectfully by the Americans the Islam world protests massively and rightfully so, but it seems Americans can flush the Bible through the toilet and then this disrespectful action is called freedom of speech.
    Not the Bible, deaf boy. The idea that the Bible is the word of God is what I flush. And people should be free to flush anything down the toilet that they want to, especially if it connected to a serious point. If it is done out of hatred or spite, then that is a different issue, but they still should be free to do it.

... --- ...
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:30
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Not the Bible, deaf boy. The idea that the Bible is the word of God is what I flush. And people should be free to flush anything down the toilet that they want to, especially if it connected to a serious point. If it is done out of hatred or spite, then that is a different issue, but they still should be free to do it.

... --- ...

The Quran is also considered to be the Word of God by the Muslims. Why don't you bash and flush that notion down the toilet as well ? Afraid that your throat will be cut ?

14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:41

The Quran is also considered to be the Word of God by the Muslims. Why don't you bash and flush that notion down the toilet as well ? Afraid that your throat will be cut ?

If there were Muslims endlessly quoting certain verses to use as valid proof that everyone else is going to Hell... I'm sure there would be a need to.

ES
  15. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If there were Muslims endlessly quoting certain verses to use as valid proof that everyone else is going to Hell... I'm sure there would be a need to.

ES
    That's because most Muslims don't care if you know you're going to hell in a hand-basket.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree