1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    28 May '05 11:17
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    THE WORD OF GOD, does not age. What THE WORD OF GOD said yesterday goes for today, as well as tomorrow.
    Well said! Too bad you are confused and think that the Bible is the word of God.
  2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    28 May '05 11:18
    If the Old Testament is not THE WORD OF GOD, then GOD would be a Liar of the worse worse kind. And since GOD has said that HE cannot Lie. Are you calling GOD a Liar?
    How would this make God a liar?
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 May '05 11:19
    If the Old Testament is not THE WORD OF GOD, then GOD would be a Liar of the worse worse kind. And since GOD has said that HE cannot Lie. Are you calling GOD a Liar?
    Silly just because you have reified that book into your god , doesn't make it so.
    The OT ain't the word of God, period.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    28 May '05 21:01
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    Does anyone here have a favorite Bible verse? I've been reading through it (right now I'm on 2 Kings) and so far I like when the Philistines steal the ark and it curses them, when Elisha curses 42 boys in the name of the LORD, when the king of Israel has a party for the prophets of Baal, saying whoever doesn't come will be put to death and then he kills them all! Please post your favorite verses here!
    Acts 4:12
    1 John 1:9
    Romans 10:13
  5. Standard memberCalWriter
    Creative Genius
    Literary Lion Land
    Moves
    28 May '05 21:24
    My favorite is the "Sermon on the Mount" from the gospel of Matthew. I joke with my priest that this passage is the "reader's Digest" version of the New Testament. What I mean by this is that it provides the blueprint for living a good life.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree