1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 19:54
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

The Quran is also considered to be the Word of God by the Muslims. Why don't you bash and flush that notion down the toilet as well ? Afraid that your throat will be cut ?

Are you saying my throat should be cut for disagreeing with your notions (um, I mean you religion's notions) about God? Do you think that is right?

2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:08
    Back on topic, I like

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:09
    ...or maybe it was

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

...not sure. One of 'em, anyway. :-/
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:16
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Are you saying my throat should be cut for disagreeing with your notions (um, I mean you religion's notions) about God? Do you think that is right?

You have caught a dangerous but very popular disease: You're trying hard not to understand what I am trying to say.
  5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:31

You have caught a dangerous but very popular disease: You're trying hard not to understand what I am trying to say.
    No, I'm trying as hard as I can to figure it out. Please restate it in your simplest terms, so us slowpokes can understand. It seems that you are saying that I should be punished for dissing your Word of God theory. Past that I have nothing.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 20:48

Sometimes I wonder whether these anti-Bible threads are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish or veiled anti-Semite propaganda. They keep popping up all over the place like annoying advertisements for detergents.
    My post was obviously tongue-in-cheek. Did you not recognize that bobob's verses were all horrifically violent in nature? Why would these be some one's favorite verses from the Bible?

I was not attacking the violence in the Bible (though I may in other threads). I was mocking the bloodlust in bobob.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    No, I'm trying as hard as I can to figure it out. Please restate it in your simplest terms, so us slowpokes can understand. It seems that you are saying that I should be punished for dissing your Word of God theory. Past that I have nothing.

-I didn't dish out any theory about the Bible.
    -I am talking to you and not to a crowd of slowpokes.
    -Don't call me "deaf boy", I am probably much older than you.
    -You absolutely know what I mean. If not, ask others to illuminate you, because you know I will not succeed in doing so.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:01
    Originally posted by Coletti
    That's because most Muslims don't care if you know you're going to hell in a hand-basket.
    Hmmm, is that what the bible says, or some of your Muslim friends? Or you just saying that to say that?

ES
  9. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:03
    Originally posted by telerion
    My post was obviously tongue-in-cheek. Did you not recognize that bobob's verses were all horrifically violent in nature? Why would these be some one's favorite verses from the Bible?

I was not attacking the violence in the Bible (though I may in other threads). I was mocking the bloodlust in bobob.
    Sheesh. Why didn't you say so to begin with? Could have saved me a great deal of angst. By the way, my posted verse actually is my favorite.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:05

I understood what was said .... and I am telling you, also tongue in cheek, you can go and tell your granny.
  11. Charlotte, NC
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:091 edit
    New Living Translation
    Deuteronomy 23:1

1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be included in the assembly of the LORD.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:23

Literal fundamentalists, secular or religious, always fail to dig deeper than the surface. To tell you the truth, they refuse to do so.

13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:25
    Originally posted by mikebec20
    Deuteronomy 23:1

1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be included in the assembly of the LORD.
    A good one from the NT is where Paul expresses his desire that those xtians who disagree with him on a doctrinal issue were castrated. Good stuff, Paul.
  14. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:26
    A good one from the NT is where Paul expresses his desire that those xtians who disagree with him on a doctrinal issue were castrated. Good stuff, Paul.
    Oh come on!! Your not going to post that without a reference are you?! 😲
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    27 May '05 21:27
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Oh come on!! Your not going to post that without a reference are you?! 😲
    Ok I'll dig around 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree