Favorite Bible verse(s)

Favorite Bible verse(s)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
27 May 05

Here we go. Four translatons of the verses. Check out www.biblegateway.com (where I got these from) for more translations.
Gal 5:10-12

(NIV)

"10 I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be. 11Brothers, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!"

(NASB)

10 I have confidence in you in the Lord that you will adopt no other view; but the one who is disturbing you will bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11But I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why am I still persecuted? Then the stumbling block of the cross has been abolished.
12I wish that those who are troubling you would even mutilate themselves.

(21st Cent. KJV)

10I have confidence in you through the Lord that ye will be not otherwise minded; but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
11And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why then do I yet suffer persecution? Then would the offense of the cross cease.
12I would that they were even cut off which trouble you!

I particularly love "The Message" translation. What a piece of crap Bible!

(The Message)
10Deep down, the Master has given me confidence that you will not defect. But the one who is upsetting you, whoever he is, will bear the divine judgment.
11As for the rumor that I continue to preach the ways of circumcision (as I did in those pre-Damascus Road days), that is absurd. Why would I still be persecuted, then? If I were preaching that old message, no one would be offended if I mentioned the Cross now and then--it would be so watered-down it wouldn't matter one way or the other. 12Why don't these agitators, obsessive as they are about circumcision, go all the way and castrate themselves!

b

Moves
28 May 05

I didn't mean this thread to be anti-bible at all. I like the verses I mentioned earlier because 1. Elisha has the power to call down God's judgement. 2. After the Philistines steal the most valuable things the Israelites have, God decides to bring it back not by war, but by cursing them with it, forcing them to submit it! How cool is that!? 3. The king of Israel decieves and wipes out an entire religion. Someone called me something along the lines of "a blood lusty person" just because I like the verses that mention these events!

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
28 May 05

3. The king of Israel decieves and wipes out an entire religion.

Yeah, that's not blood lusty at all. That's good missionary work right there!

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
28 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
3. The king of Israel decieves and wipes out an entire religion.

Yeah, that's not blood lusty at all. That's good missionary work right there!

It seems, Telerion, you have some explanatory work to do towards Bobbob on more than one level ..... 😛

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
28 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by telerion
Here we go. Four translatons of the verses. Check out www.biblegateway.com (where I got these from) for more translations.
Gal 5:10-12

(NIV)

"10 I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing ...[text shortened]... circumcision, go all the way and castrate themselves!

And people wonder why I contend Paul's writings aren't the word of the Kingdom.

b

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Sometimes I wonder whether these anti-Bible threads are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish or veiled anti-Semite propaganda. They keep popping up all over the place like annoying advertisements for detergents.
you are right

b

Moves
28 May 05

If the Quran is being flushed down the toilet and treated disrespectfully by the Americans the Islam world protests massively and rightfully so, but it seems Americans can flush the Bible through the toilet and then this disrespectful action is called freedom of speech.
you are right

b

Moves
28 May 05

The Quran is also considered to be the Word of God by the Muslims. Why don't you bash and flush that notion down the toilet as well ? Afraid that your throat will be cut ?

right again

b

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
That's because most Muslims don't care if you know you're going to hell in a hand-basket.
right

b

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by mikebec20
Deuteronomy 23:1

1 "If a man's testicles are crushed or his penis is cut off, he may not be included in the assembly of the LORD.
must mean those men that become she's can not get to heaven........hmmm

b

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
Oh come on!! Your not going to post that without a reference are you?! 😲
right again

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
28 May 05

Sometimes I wonder whether these anti-Bible threads are anti-Christian, anti-Jewish or veiled anti-Semite propaganda. They keep popping up all over the place like annoying advertisements for detergents.
Are you making the case that Israel is actually following the war practices of Joshua?

Try not to mix antiquity with the present day.

b

Moves
28 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by frogstomp
Are you making the case that Israel is actually following the war practices of Joshua?

Try not to mix antiquity with the present day.
THE WORD OF GOD, does not age. What THE WORD OF GOD said yesterday goes for today, as well as tomorrow.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by blindfaith101
THE WORD OF GOD, does not age. What THE WORD OF GOD said yesterday goes for today, as well as tomorrow.
Thats why the OT aint the word of God.

b

Moves
28 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
Thats why the OT aint the word of God.
If the Old Testament is not THE WORD OF GOD, then GOD would be a Liar of the worse worse kind. And since GOD has said that HE cannot Lie. Are you calling GOD a Liar?