1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:38
    A prophecy in the book of Jeremiah, written about 600 years before Jesus Christ arrived on earth, speaks of the New Covenant that God would make with man:

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

(Jeremiah 31:31-34)
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:39
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    If you have a point to make feel free to make it. You are boring us with your rhetorical questions.
    The post you are replying to does not contain a question and it has made its point. Read people's posts. Read them.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The post you are replying to does not contain a question and it has made its point. Read people's posts. Read them.
    Do you deny that the birth of Jesus was predicted years before it happened?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:54
    You already know full well my stance on this. See Thread 175422 and where it cropped up regularly across several other conversations/threads in 2016 and 2017.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:561 edit
    Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem took place about 700 years after the prophecy in Micah but only several decades before the birthplace was recorded in the Gospels of Luke and Matthew.

Some Biblical scholars think the Gospel of Matthew was written only 10 to 12 years after Jesus’ crucifixion and Resurrection.

Obviously no one is going to record the actual birth of someone before he or she is actually born.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:131 edit
    “Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.”

(Malachi 3:1)

I believe the “messenger” of this prophecy is John the Baptist, based mostly on this passage from the Gospel of John:

“John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.”

(John 1:15-23)

BTW, John the Baptist is not the same John who wrote the Gospel of John.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:18
    You already know full well my stance on this. See Thread 175422 and where it cropped up regularly across several other conversations/threads in 2016 and 2017.
    Your dodge is noted. It's a simple yes or no answer.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:24
    Your dodge is noted. It's a simple yes or no answer.
    I gave much much more than a 'one-word answer' on that thread. I stand by what I said, word for word, point for point. No dodge whatsoever.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:27
    I gave much much more than a 'one-word answer' on that thread. I stand by what I said, word for word, point for point. No dodge whatsoever.
    Of course you would because you can say a thousand words without giving a direct unequivocal answer.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:39
    I’m getting a sonship vibe as I scan through this thread.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:401 edit
    Of course you would because you can say a thousand words without giving a direct unequivocal answer.
    I was completely unequivocal on Thread 175422. I indulged you for hours. I typed stuff and addressed it to you. Numerous unequivocal perspectives, reasons, observations. What good did it do either of us if you now act - as usual - as if none of it happened?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 07:51
    I was completely unequivocal on Thread 175422. I indulged you for hours. I typed stuff and addressed it to you. Numerous unequivocal perspectives, reasons, observations. What good did it do either of us if you now act - as usual - as if none of it happened?
    More deflection. Quote one sentence from the link you posted that you think gives an unequivocal answer to my question on this thread. I predict more deflection.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 08:00
    More deflection. Quote one sentence from the link you posted that you think gives an unequivocal answer to my question on this thread. I predict more deflection.
    The conversation I have linked you to was between you and me.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 08:09
    The conversation I have linked you to was between you and me.
    Quote the exact words from you to me that you think provides an unequivocal answer to the question I asked you on this thread. You and I both know you won't do this because they don't exist.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 08:11
    Some people have lots of favourites in lots of categories.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree