Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
By quoting Ephesians 4:18?
It gives him the jitters when an atheist reminds him how far he has drifted from biblical teaching.

F

Moves
08 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
No, by his other posts and claiming he posted that for me.
Is there something wrong with quoting Ephesians 4:18 and suggesting you reflect on it? You use the word "troll" more often than anyone I've seen here in over 10 years. This was the kind of instance that renders it even more meaningless than you've already rendered it. This page. Above. As a retort to him quoting Ephesians 4:18?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Mar 18

I’m really not interested in responding to personal slights and attacks. If you or Ghost have a favorite Bible verse or passage, feel free to post it, but why do you have to drag me into it?

Moves
09 Mar 18

'The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps.'

Proverbs 14:15

F

Moves
09 Mar 18

I’m really not interested in responding to personal slights and attacks. If you or Ghost have a favorite Bible verse or passage, feel free to post it, but why do you have to drag me into it?
Someone quoting Ephesians 4:18 caused you one of your many, many 'Piss Christ' moments. It was interesting. That's why.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
Someone quoting Ephesians 4:18 caused you one of your many, many 'Piss Christ' moments. It was interesting. That's why.
That’s not true, but it seems that at least 75 percent of your posts are non-substantive and only designed to insult, attack, belittle or anger someone. You might ask yourself why that is and what it says about the state of your soul and you as a person.

Apparently your apology to the community and to the website’s owners for your behavior was insincere. I wasn’t here when you wrote that public apology, but I have to wonder how much worse your behavior could have been. At least you’re (apparently) no longer creating fake accounts to troll people and agree with you.

Do you think the website’s owners ever wonder how many people you’ve driven away from becoming paid subscribers and thereby financially supporting this site?

Moves
09 Mar 18
2 edits

'You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.'

Matthew 7:5

I wonder how many people you yourself have driven from the site with your endless spamming, trolling and mindless repetition?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
'You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye.'

Matthew 7:5

I wonder how many people you yourself have driven from the site with your endless spamming, trolling and mindless repetition?
Hmmm

Another non-substantive post designed simply to anger someone. What you view as “spamming” and “trolling” are posts from the Word of God.

I’m not surprised an atheist would characterize such posts that way, but why would an atheist spend so much time trolling Christians, especially an atheist who purports to be a “mental health professional?” Is that kind of constant trolling the sign of a psychologically healthy individual?

Moves
09 Mar 18

Hmmm

Another non-substantive post designed simply to anger someone. What you view as “spamming” and “trolling” are posts from the Word of God.

I’m not surprised an atheist would characterize such posts that way, but why would an atheist spend so much time trolling Christians, especially an atheist who purports to be a “mental health professional?” Is that kind of constant trolling the sign of a psychologically healthy individual?
Christian X posts a relevant quote from the Bible. = Interesting.
Christian Z makes 14 posts of consecutive Biblical quotes. = Spamming.

You see the difference?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

Christian X posts a relevant quote from the Bible. = Interesting.
Christian Z makes 14 posts of consecutive Biblical quotes. = Spamming.

You see the difference?
As I said st least twice previously, those 14 initial posts (I added more later) were verses or passages from the Bible where Jesus claimed to be God or agreed with someone when that someone said it in His presence. How can you have a debate/discussion about something before the evidence has been presented?

Had I just posted one verse or passage, I suspect you or another atheist would have said, “That’s all you can come up with?”

Moves
09 Mar 18

As I said st least twice previously, those 14 initial posts (I added more later) were verses or passages from the Bible where Jesus claimed to be God or agreed with someone when that someone said it in His presence. How can you have a debate/discussion about something before the evidence has been presented?

Had I just posted one verse or passage, I suspect you or another atheist would have said, “That’s all you can come up with?”
You lack self-control.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

You lack self-control.
Obviously you either didn’t realize there was so much evidence or that I was aware of it.

And your statement that I “lack self control” is interesting coming from someone who spends as much time as you do on the forum of a chess website trolling Christians.

Projection much?

Moves
09 Mar 18
1 edit

Obviously you either didn’t realize there was so much evidence or that I was aware of it.

And your statement that I “lack self control” is interesting coming from someone who spends as much time as you do on the forum of a chess website trolling Christians.

Projection much?
You think you're a Christian?! 🙄

It takes more than mouth worship Sherlock.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Mar 18

You think you're a Christian?! 🙄

It takes more than mouth worship Sherlock.
Ah, now you’re back to this? Borrowing a page from rajk’s playbook?

Sad!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Mar 18

A great praise Psalm:

“Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.”

(Psalm 103)