1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 06:34
    “...and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.”

(Revelation 4:8b)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '18 04:55
    Peter denies Jesus...

The Gospel of Luke is the only Gospel that records that Jesus looked at Peter when Peter denied knowing Him - which Jesus had predicted Peter would do.

Peter is quite anguished at what he has done. A very moving passage.

First, Jesus’ prediction:

“And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.”

(Luke 22:33-34)

The fulfillment of Jesus’ prediction:

“Then took they him, and led him, and brought him into the high priest's house. And Peter followed afar off.

And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them.

But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him.

And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.

And after a little while another saw him, and said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.

And about the space of one hour after another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a truth this fellow also was with him: for he is a Galilaean.

And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.”

(Luke 22:54-62)
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Mar '18 07:50
    “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”

(Psalm 91:1)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 00:59
    “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

(Romans 8:1)
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 01:40
    He has set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    Ecclesiastes 3:11
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 02:21
    “Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.”

(Jeremiah 17:14)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 21:26
    “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”

(Proverbs 3:5-6)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 21:29
    These two are good memory verses for situations where you may become irritable.

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.”

(Psalm 19:14)

“Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.”

(Psalm 141:3)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 22:18
    “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”

(Philippians 1:6)
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Mar '18 23:04
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:”

(Philippians 1:6)
    Paul is confident of that? Did you read the whole thing? Read the part where Paul says that some of those in the church are enemies of the cross of Christ. You know why? You know what is the end result of those who are enemies of the cross?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 01:201 edit
    It’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Bob Scott
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 01:38
    “For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.”

(1 Corinthians 1:18)
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 01:46
    Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails across the sea of years, with no provision but an open face along the straits of fear.

Robert Plant
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 20:20
    “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

(Psalm 46:10)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '18 22:35
    Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless

James 1:26

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree