Flat Earth Society

Flat Earth Society

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@sonhouse said
@divegeester Freaky must be on vacation or something, hasn't moved for almost a year. I tried to see his form posts but was unable to pull any up. Anyone know what is going on with him?
I heard he went on vacation and fell off of the edge of the earth.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
"The Earth is not like a table-tennis ball...It's more like a pumpkin..."

Let's hope some mischievous alien race doesn't decide to carve out a face.
It'd probably end up looking like our pumpkinhead-in-chief.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 19

@divegeester said
I was referring to your comment about people living in reality, and poking fun at you because you frequently appear not to. I wasn’t calling you and a-hole or being under the influence of a “Freaky effect”. Whatever that is.
And I was referring to your comment that flat-earthers "don’t believe the earth is flat at all; for some it is an exercise in intellectual one-upmanship." You then called out FreakyKBH as being one of these.

I think my post was clear, even to you.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@suzianne said
And I was referring to your comment that flat-earthers "don’t believe the earth is flat at all; for some it is an exercise in intellectual one-upmanship." You then called out FreakyKBH as being one of these.

I think my post was clear, even to you.
FreakyKBH pretends that he believes the earth his flat, he doesn’t really believe it. I know this because as he claims to be a Christian I have asked him a number of times if, before his God, he truly believed it...he wouldn’t confirm it.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@suzianne said
So what was the consensus? Why DO people ignore reality?
The main reason appeared to be a sense of belonging, being part of a community and a fear of loosing those connections seemed more important than the truth.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 19

@stellspalfie said
The main reason appeared to be a sense of belonging, being part of a community and a fear of loosing those connections seemed more important than the truth.
I can see that. So they end up substituting their own "shared reality" for actual reality. Sounds familiar.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
FreakyKBH pretends that he believes the earth his flat, he doesn’t really believe it. I know this because as he claims to be a Christian I have asked him a number of times if, before his God, he truly believed it...he wouldn’t confirm it.
So now you are the final arbiter on what people believe, or what people believably believe??

I've long thought him to be simply guilty of confirmation bias.

If he is Christian, that certainly does not rule out confirmation bias, in fact it seems more likely.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@suzianne said
So now you are the final arbiter on what people believe, or what people believably believe??

I've long thought him to be simply guilty of confirmation bias.

If he is Christian, that certainly does not rule out confirmation bias, in fact it seems more likely.
If it makes you juicy on a Saturday night....

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Mar 19

@divegeester said
If it makes you juicy on a Saturday night....
And in your twisted mind you think saying that in a public forum is appropriate. You're a cad.

Not to mention the fact that you deflected away from the topic of discussion again.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 19
1 edit

@SecondSon

Didn't you know he used to sing in an old pop group, one of their hit songs was
"Oh yes, I'm the great deflector'? Surprised you didn't know that bit of trivia.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Mar 19

@sonhouse said
@SecondSon

Didn't you know he used to sing in an old pop group, one of their hit songs was
"Oh yes, I'm the great deflector'? Surprised you didn't know that bit of trivia.
Thanks for that sonhouse. I'll take that into consideration.

Moves
09 Mar 19

@secondson said
And in your twisted mind you think saying that in a public forum is appropriate.
But calling posters an a-hole is ok??

Moves
09 Mar 19

@secondson said
Thanks for that sonhouse. I'll take that into consideration.
Collision with atheists 😵

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Mar 19

@divegeester said
But calling posters an a-hole is ok??
When appropriate, yes.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
09 Mar 19

@divegeester said
Collision with atheists 😵
That's a stretch. Like you used to sing in a pop group.