1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 09:16
    As most of you would have seen Queensland and significantly , its capital and larger cities (Brisbane Toowomba and Ipswich) have been severely flooded. The death toll stands at 18 , with many others missing and feared dead.

Out of the last three months if you could've taken that 1 week sunshine at anytime, you would've done it right when it came.
    One or two more days of such intensly heavy downpours , and we would've seen the Wivenhoe dam overflow and the Brisbane with a much much larger disaster on its hands.

I was debating this with my gal and she seemed to think that only "modern christians "(whatever that means), subscribed heavily to the notion that their god directly affected the weather.
    Well does He?
    Because , I tell you what, I bet a lot of christians got their prayers answered for the rain to subside just when we were bracing for the absolute worst.
  2. England
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 10:47
    he can do.. as jesus himself controlled the wind and water when in boat. and god gave moses some earthly plagues useing nature. but genraly no.. not a every day intervention.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 10:49
    Originally posted by stoker
    he can do.. as jesus himself controlled the wind and water when in boat. and god gave moses some earthly plagues useing nature. but genraly no.. not a every day intervention.
    So would you equate this perfect timing of this sunny weather with 'Gods' intervention? Yes or no?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 11:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    As most of you would have seen Queensland and significantly , its capital and larger cities (Brisbane Toowomba and Ipswich) have been severely flooded. The death toll stands at 18 , with many others missing and feared dead.

Out of the last three months if you could've taken that 1 week sunshine at anytime, you would've done it right when it came.
    O ...[text shortened]... prayers answered for the rain to subside just when we were bracing for the absolute worst.
    Have you been affected, Karoly? Here in Melbourne we have had floods but not as severe.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 12:24
    So would you equate this perfect timing of this sunny weather with 'Gods' intervention? Yes or no?
    who knows?

maybe the rule is that he shouldn't affect humanity and earth on a grand scale. but from time to time he may choose to ignore sometimes that rule. maybe sometimes and randomly he could choose to heal a little girl of cancer. or stop a lava flow from reaching a city.

but generally, i believe god ceased his intervention on earth. we have reached a point where we can work things out for ourselves.
  6. England
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 14:45
    what sunny weather??? its cold here
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Have you been affected, Karoly? Here in Melbourne we have had floods but not as severe.
    Everyone in QLD has been affected, I think it is fair to say, though my area was lucky not to be flooded. Like I said, just as we were preparing for the worst, the rain subsided. You couldn't have planned it better.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    who knows?

maybe the rule is that he shouldn't affect humanity and earth on a grand scale. but from time to time he may choose to ignore sometimes that rule. maybe sometimes and randomly he could choose to heal a little girl of cancer. or stop a lava flow from reaching a city.

but generally, i believe god ceased his intervention on earth. we have reached a point where we can work things out for ourselves.
    Well I believe that this extreme weather will continue here and around the world, but that through our positive thinking we can alter the severity of these extreme weather conditions and restrict the potential damage through proper understanding of our role in the world as it relates to the enlightenment of Mother Earth
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 15:04
    Originally posted by stoker
    what sunny weather??? its cold here
    sunny weather over here, I'm talking about Queensland and Brisbane.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 16:27

O ...[text shortened]... prayers answered for the rain to subside just when we were bracing for the absolute worst.
    Well if one were to look back at the history of God and his dealings with man and when he did use the natural elements of the earth to punish them for ungodly actions and used such events as the flood or even somewhat un-natural things such as the sulfer & fire that fell from the sky that he used to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah, he always gave a warning and sometimes that warning was given decades in advance to the humans invloved in that impending doom.
    He did this to always allow ones to correct their course of action.
    So with the consistancy that God showed in the Bible with his warnings, the things that happen to us all now would not be an act of God.

From a Watchtower magazine:

"A close scrutiny of catastrophes that some call “acts of God” reveals that, in fact, many are man-made. Others, of course, result from natural forces such as earthquakes and hurricanes.
    Although the Bible foretells many man-made and natural calamities as part of the identifying marks of these “last days,” nowhere does it present instructions that guarantee immunity from them at this time. (2 Timothy 3:1-5; Matthew 24:3-12) Why not? Because such things are not acts of God. However, God’s Word does explain why good and bad people alike suffer from them.
    When the first humans disobeyed God’s plainly stated instructions, they invited disaster. “You will positively die,” God had warned. (Genesis 2:17) The apostle Paul shows how far-reaching were the effects of their actions by saying: “Through one man . . . death spread to all men.”—Romans 5:12.
    But more was involved. The first couple’s disobedience meant rejecting God’s guidance and care. No longer did they want God to be Ruler over them and their home, planet Earth. By forfeiting God’s oversight, they also lost his protection from disasters.
    What does all of this mean for us? It means that “time and unforeseen occurrence” befall all of us. It means that we cannot know what will occur that might make us victims of the unexpected. As fish caught in a net or birds taken in a trap, so, too, “the sons of men themselves are being ensnared at a calamitous time,” as, for example, “when [death] falls upon them suddenly.”—Ecclesiastes 9:11, 12.
    So while law courts may consider natural catastrophes to be “acts of God” in a legal sense, in actuality they are definitely not God’s acts."

Just a side point is that we are now living in a time that God has given us warning signs about!!!!!!!!!!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jan '11 20:53
    Everyone in QLD has been affected, I think it is fair to say, though my area was lucky not to be flooded. Like I said, just as we were preparing for the worst, the rain subsided. You couldn't have planned it better.
    I am glad to hear that. It has been scary over the past week.
  12. England
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 09:59
    sunny weather over here, I'm talking about Queensland and Brisbane.
    you mean you dont expect sun in your summer?? we english may not but your country..
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 15:48

If God intervened to stop it then I would be wanting a bloody good answer to why he allowed it to start in the first place!

--- Penguin.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 16:02
    Originally posted by Penguin
    If God intervened to stop it then I would be wanting a bloody good answer to why he allowed it to start in the first place!

--- Penguin.
    Highly doubtful that when you're standing before God, that your stance will be one of defiance.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 16:04
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Highly doubtful that when you're standing before God, that your stance will be one of defiance.
    Highly doubtful you'll ever stand before God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree