1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Jan '11 14:311 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    At the start of this thread, karoly aczel said:

I was debating this with my gal and she seemed to think that only "modern christians "(whatever that means), subscribed heavily to the notion that their god directly affected the weather.
    Well does He?
    Because , I tell you what, I bet a lot of christians got their prayers answered for the rain to subsid t him with stopping the floods, why do they not credit him with starting them?

--- Penguin.
    As I am want to do with most of what karoly posts, there was a considerable amount of sidestepping done on my part.

I was responding to your post only; namely, that no matter what the issue, once anyone passes from terra firma to worlds ethereal, former confidences wither, replaced by their newly-acknowledged utter dependency upon the One who holds it all within His grasp.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:24
    Originally posted by stoker
    you mean you dont expect sun in your summer?? we english may not but your country..
    We dont expect much more suunny weather for the rest of summer as the wet season is poised to take affect very soon (end of Jan)
    Hopefully the rain wont be as severe as it has been in the last three months.
    It was just the sheer amount of water falling from the sky.
    Thats why it was such a surprise/tradgedy, as most people , including the weather forecasters, had no warning
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:28
    Originally posted by Penguin
    If God intervened to stop it then I would be wanting a bloody good answer to why he allowed it to start in the first place!

--- Penguin.
    Perhaps it was a reminder that we humans are not in control and that we should respect mother nature, more than the average Birbanite would normally do. 'Christians" included.
    As I alluded in another post, we actually have SOME control over how severe these weather events are.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:30
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Highly doubtful you'll ever stand before God.
    Agreed. Standing before god, implies dualism
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:39
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    As I am want to do with most of what karoly posts, there was a considerable amount of sidestepping done on my part.

I was responding to your post only; namely, that no matter what the issue, once anyone passes from terra firma to worlds ethereal, former confidences wither, replaced by their newly-acknowledged utter dependency upon the One who holds it all within His grasp.
    So why are you side stepping my posts (on this thread in particular)?, I thought I was giving fuel for the chrsitian point of view, and was basically asking christians what they thought of these events. Intelligent christians , such as yourslef. No baiting here.
    Well?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 17:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So why are you side stepping my posts (on this thread in particular)?, I thought I was giving fuel for the chrsitian point of view, and was basically asking christians what they thought of these events. Intelligent christians , such as yourslef. No baiting here.
    Well?
    There wasn't any offense intended. Despite occasional overlaps in agreement on minor points, your position on spiritual matters is about as far removed from mine as is possible. While I suppose it's nice to be nice to the nice, the antithetical perspectives are more akin to enmity than anything resembling friendly relations. So, in the interest of keeping peace, I try to not pursue heavily-trodden paths which inevitably lead to discord.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 22:29
    There wasn't any offense intended. Despite occasional overlaps in agreement on minor points, your position on spiritual matters is about as far removed from mine as is possible. While I suppose it's nice to be nice to the nice, the antithetical perspectives are more akin to enmity than anything resembling friendly relations. So, in the interest of keeping peace, I try to not pursue heavily-trodden paths which inevitably lead to discord.
    So you have the correct intepretation of the bible and I dont?
    No offense taken, Freaky.

And of course you are familiar with the Discordia movement.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jan '11 02:32

Well, of course!

Your good humor is appreciated, as always.

Thus, our ever-present tension.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Jan '11 04:13
    [b]So you have the correct intepretation of the bible and I dont?
    Well, of course!

Your good humor is appreciated, as always.

Thus, our ever-present tension.[/b]
    Just note: I have a great many "levels" to my spirituality. As do we all.

You do piss me off, Freaky, but I respect your right to post whatever you want..and I'm thankful that you do🙂 .And with some grace at times too,
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jan '11 04:15
    Just note: I have a great many "levels" to my spirituality. As do we all.

You do piss me off, Freaky, but I respect your right to post whatever you want..and I'm thankful that you do🙂 .And with some grace at times too,
    Thanks, C. The feeling is mutual.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree