1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:23
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So Revelation was chosen to considate power on behalf of the Western branch of Christianity.
    I never said this. Charlatan. I said that Revelation was chosen by the Western branch of Christianity, agaisnt the wishes of the Eastern branch's theologians, and this "corportae infighting victory" allowed the West to considate its power and predominance over the East. Totally different from the way you have twisted it.

Why do you find it necessary to misrepresent my views in this very very straight forward argument?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:303 edits
    Mistake.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:452 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I never said this. Charlatan. I said that Revelation was chosen by the Western branch of Christianity, agaisnt the wishes of the Eastern branch's theologians, and this "corportae infighting victory" allowed the West to considate its power and predominance over the East. Totally different from the way you have twisted it.

Why do you find it necessary to misrepresent my views in this very very straight forward argument?
    ===================================

===================================

Okay. I got it.

"Revelation was canonized to consolidate organizational power of the Western Christianity over the Eastern Christianity."

It's inclusion in the Bible was the outcome of a organizational struggle for ecclesiastical power carried out by theologians.

I understand you. And I think it is a horrible and tragic deception to close your heart to the Revelation of Jesus Christ upon this reasoning.

You don't want to talk about Revelation. You want to poison the well to the extent that to even consider reading it is unthinkable.

You go ahead and live that way if you want.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jun '09 17:53
    Originally posted by FMF

===========================
    this "corportae infighting victory" allowed the West to considate its power and predominance over the East.
    ================================

So if Greek Orthodoxy cowtows to Rome (Which it DOESN'T) we can blame it all on the book of Revelation?

Okay, we can blame SOME of it on the book of Revelation - that the Roman Catholic Church barks out marching orders to the Greek Orthodox Church .

You must be smoking something FMF.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 00:28
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You must be smoking something FMF.
    What an original put down.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Jun '09 11:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    What an original put down.
    It was quite immature. I apologize.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree