1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    This is an omnipotence paradox and proves nothing except we go around and around in circles. Do you think it is possible that man in all his wisdom does not have it all figured out?

I was merely pointing out that your god cannot exist within a logical framework and that as we need to apply logic in order to survive

Logic to survive?
    ...[text shortened]... as no boundaries, cannot be captured, and cannot be limited to man's reasoning or imaginations.
    "cannot be limited to man's reasoning"

Well that takes care of this thread for me.
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 20:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    Do you believe any gods other than this one exist?

If not, why not?

Maybe we can see if the same reasons apply to this god.
    Can you answer the OP? Can you prove there is no God?
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 20:50

Well that take care of this thread for me.
    There you have it! Religion and reason are not compatible.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 20:532 edits
    This post was originally posted in another thread (April 1st) by Agerg.

[quote]The real April fools joke (that's been running for the last several thousand years)...

your god doesn't exist...you, your family, your friends, your ancestors, indeed probably more than half the people who have ever lived have wasted a hefty proportion of their lifetime b with all the certainty that you believe that there is no God, proving it should be easy to do?
    In lieu of sufficient motivation on my part to re-phrase and reformulate the many arguments I have made over the years that your godReveal Hidden Content
    (i.e. one of countless derivatives of one particular and logically untenable \"G\"od amongst an infinity of alternatives)
    does not exist; given my certainty you will not put up a good fight, I shall instead turn this OP on it's head by affirming that I do have a proof - and that you're not quite ready for it yet.

Prove I do not have such proof!
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:09
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    There's no paradox. The theist answers "No" to the question and there is no problem here for the theist.

If you are looking for arguments to be taken seriously against your theistic belief, the rock question doesn't provide any.
    Man... all I am asking is in the OP, I am not interested in dancing.

Can you prove there is no God or can't you. I am not weird about saying that I can't prove he does exist, but I know he does, his attributes are everywhere for all to see and I have seen him in action first hand.

I am not looking for an argument against my 'theistic' belief, not looking for an argument against your atheist belief... just your proof he doesn't exist if you have any.

I heard a great line this weekend...

I won't believe it until I see it... when seen
    I can't believe my eyes

BYW, The rock question is totally a paradox, quite similar to the 'which came first the chicken or the egg?' question.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:126 edits
    Man... all I am asking is in the OP, I am not interested in dancing.

Can you prove there is no God or can't you. I am not weird about saying that I can't prove he does exist, but I know he does, his attributes are everywhere for all to see and I have seen him in action first hand.

I am not looking for an argument against my 'theistic' belief, not looki ly a paradox, quite similar to the 'which came first the chicken or the egg?' question.
    BYW, The rock question is totally a paradox, quite similar to the 'which came first the chicken or the egg?' question.
    The question as to whether an omnipotent god can make a rock so heavy it cannot lift it is no more paradoxical than the question as to whether it can make square circles. As lemonjello points out, no serious challenge to your theism should bring forth that "argument" in the first place.

BTW, a proof is an argument against your theistic belief - indeed that pretty much encapulates the very essence of a proof, i.e. a correct proof of P is a watertight argument against any assertion of ¬P !Reveal Hidden Content
    and even an incorrect proof is still an argument!
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:36
    Originally posted by Agerg
    In lieu of sufficient motivation on my part to re-phrase and reformulate the many arguments I have made over the years that [b]your goddoes not exist; given my certainty you will not put up a good fight, I shall instead turn this OP on it's head by affirming that I do have a proof - and that you're not quite ready for it yet.

Prove I do not have such proof![/b]
    This is not about a good fight, a debate or an argument. I thought I would change it up a little from what I have seen in the many prior threads requiring 'proof of God' by those that adhere to atheism of those who call themselves Christians. The response to the Christian from the atheists is generally ridicule and belittlement, which was why I started this thread in the first place, it was because of your comments. Can't we make points and have opinions and beliefs without such childish behavior as beating another down? Is it not bullying?

I am curious and wonder about things, that is why I ask questions, it's information gathering.
    A question I have, is what makes you (generalizing) think there is no God when it is so obvious to me.
    Another is, why are atheists so adamant in a spirituality forum if they don't believe in God or believe there is no God, this is peculiar to me.

Finally, without your answer depending on me... can you prove... there is no God (this is the God of the Bible I am speaking of?
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:40

Well that takes care of this thread for me.
    Will you not be addressing the OP then? Can you prove there is no God?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:52
    Will you not be addressing the OP then? Can you prove there is no God?
    By definition the existence of a being that "cannot be limited to man's reasoning" cannot be proven or disproven using man's reasoning. Your OP is a straw man sham. All we had to do is draw out from you, the straw man argument.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:582 edits
    This is not about a good fight, a debate or an argument. I thought I would change it up a little from what I have seen in the many prior threads requiring 'proof of God' by those that adhere to atheism of those who call themselves Christians. The response to the Christian from the atheists is generally ridicule and belittlement, which was why I started this g on me... can you prove... there is no God (this is the God of the Bible I am speaking of?
    This is not about a good fight, a debate or an argument. I thought I would change it up a little from what I have seen in the many prior threads requiring 'proof of God' by those that adhere to atheism of those who call themselves Christians. The response to the Christian from the atheists is generally ridicule and belittlement, which was why I started this thread in the first place, [b]it was because of your comments. Can't we make points and have opinions and beliefs without such childish behavior as beating another down? Is it not bullying?[/b]
    If you're not willing or unable to put up a good fight (and I know of some theists, some of whom no longer visiting these boards, who do engage in interesting battles), then what exactly do I have to gain by indulging you?
    Indeed as you're never going to accept any formal argument against your god so long as you have a hole in your arse (especially since you assert your god is beyond human reason!!!) then such endeavours on my part certainly have no practical merit; and secondly since I've seen and seen-off any counter-arguments I can expect to hear from you (and theists like you), countless numbers of times, then I have little to gain from an intellectual standpoint either!

I am curious and wonder about things, that is why I ask questions, it's information gathering.
    A question I have, is what makes you (generalizing) think there is no God when it is so obvious to me.
    Another is, why are atheists so adamant in a spirituality forum if they don't believe in God or believe there is no God, this is peculiar to me.

Well for a start, the god you believe exists is thoroughly childish, no subtlety at all with it - knows absolutely everything that can be known, can do absolutely everything that can be done, such that having these two traits is absolutely inconsistent with the world within which we live...how does that grab ya!
    As for why I frequent these boards? Sometimes threads come along that are thought provoking; other times I am easily amused

Finally, without your answer depending on me... can you prove... there is no God (this is the God of the Bible I am speaking of?
    I think I did!...lemme check... 😕
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 21:591 edit
    Yep...here it is!!!
    I shall instead turn this OP on it's head by affirming that I do have a proof - and that you're not quite ready for it yet.

Prove I do not have such proof!

🙂
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 22:18
    By definition the existence of a being that "cannot be limited to man's reasoning" cannot be proven or disproven using man's reasoning. Your OP is a straw man sham. All we had to do is draw out from you, the straw man argument.
    I like how you did that... very clever, I have to disagree with your whole premise however. You are using my statement to shutdown the question of the OP. I don't expect your answer to depend on anything I say or believe, that would be a bit dynamic. God not limited to man's reasoning, thats my belief, I already know you have issues with that, no biggie.

Let's turn back time to a few posts ago, we will pretend I didn't say 'cannot be limited to man's reasoning'.

I would like to ask the question again, fresh, can you prove there is no God? All I am wondering is if your lack of belief in God is substantiated by something, like proof.

Can you prove there is no God?
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 22:26
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]This is not about a good fight, a debate or an argument. I thought I would change it up a little from what I ... Edit ... speaking of?
    I think I did!...lemme check... 😕[/b]
    Well I half expected this, thanks anyways.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 22:281 edit
    I like how you did that... very clever, I have to disagree with your whole premise however. You are using my statement to shutdown the question of the OP. I don't expect your answer to depend on anything I say or believe, that would be a bit dynamic. God not limited to man's reasoning, thats my belief, I already know you have issues with that, no biggie.
    elief in God is substantiated by something, like proof.

Can you prove there is no God?
    Are you saying we can take as a given that the statement that God "cannot be limited to man's reasoning" is untrue, so that if there is no God, that fact can be ascertained using reason?

Incidentally this is an academic issue for me. I am not one who believed Gos does not exist. I am one who lacks belief God exists. I don't know what might change that so in that sense I am in agreement with you.
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 22:321 edit
    Put 'hajj time lapse' into google or bing images - there are lots of crap photos that don't do it justice

but if you find a good one, i think you'll find you have a picture of god so clear even dawkins would struggle to deny it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree