1. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    There is no truth in evolution! its not even a theory,its just a hypothesis, theories need facts, and evolution doesn't have any!
    Show me your proof of creationism. Dont cite the bible which is nothing more than a book.

This should be simple for a person of your vast knowledge. Do it.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:031 edit
    There is no truth in evolution! its not even a theory,its just a hypothesis, theories need facts, and evolution doesn't have any!
    1st question: they don't even know what they believe in so who knows
    Perhaps you don't know the difference between weak and strong agnostics. Weak agnostics claim there is no evidence for or against the existance of God and therefore no reason to believe or disbelieve in him. Strong agnostics believe that and also that evidence for or against CANNOT exist by definition. So unless you can provide evidence that God exists (or doesn't exist) you cannot prove that weak agnostics are incorrect and if you can prove that such evidence COULD exist (even if currently doesn't) you could prove strong agnostics incorrect. Can you do either?

2nd question: the Flood caused the Grand Canyon when water covered the earth. try going out in your backyard and turn on your garden hose or facuet or whatever outside water source you have full blast and aim it at some patch of dirt and after 30-40 seconds turn it off and you ought to get a small hole. Couldn't an amount of water sufficent enough to cover all the mountains make the Grand Canyon?
    No actually it couldn't. Here's a critical review of one of the books that claims that the Great Flood caused the Grand Canyon:
    http://www.usd.edu/esci/creation/grandcyn.html

3rd question: 6,000 to 10,000 years old
    So what of radiocarbon dating that states a much older Earth? What of the numerous other radioactive dating methods that agree with radiocarbon data and also show a (very) much older Earth (some dates going back over 3 billion years)?

4th question: duh!
    Isn't faith by definition the belief in something without evidence? So if evidence were to exist how would one have faith?

5th question: let me put it bluntly: NO!!!!!
    So evolution doesn't occur? What about the supposed Bird Flu epidemic that will soon be sweeping the world? What about these cases of observed speciation:
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html
    ?

6th question: rock
    Prove it.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:24
    Funniest thread ever, ie: in the past 6,000 - 10,000 years.

: D
  4. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    [b]1st question: they don't even know what they believe in so who knows
    Perhaps you don't know the difference between weak and strong agnostics. Weak agnostics claim there is no evidence for or against the existance of God and therefore no reason to believe or disbelieve in him. Strong agnostics believe that and also that evidence for or against CANNO ...[text shortened]... www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html
    ?

6th question: rock
    Prove it.[/b]
    1. That is incredibly confusing. I hadn't heard about Agnostics until I came here.

2. I read most of it. I think it says that this Austin guy didn't prove that it was. Just because this guy didn't prove it doesn't mean it's not true.

3. Radiocarbon Dating and all the other dating methods do not work. Their dates ranged between 8 million and 300 billion years.

4. You wouldn't need to have faith in anything but the history.

5. What does that have to do with it? I can say it was made of green chees that smells like limburger and tastes like provelone.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:32
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    1. That is incredibly confusing. I hadn't heard about Agnostics until I came here.

2. I read most of it. I think it says that this Austin guy didn't prove that it was. Just because this guy didn't prove it doesn't mean it's not true.

3. Radiocarbon Dating and all the other dating methods [b]do not work
    . Their dates ranged between 8 million ...[text shortened]... I can say it was made of green chees that smells like limburger and tastes like provelone.[/b]
    3. Radiocarbon Dating and all the other dating methods [b]do not work. Their dates ranged between 8 million and 300 billion years.[/b]

This is a flagrant lie. For example, Zhang (2004) presents evidence from a dozen studies of the age of the earth, using 7 different, independent, methods with estimate the earth's age (well, the age of a solid crust, at least) to 4.53 billion years with an error of less than 2%.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:32
    yes they did FYI
    Why don't people live as long as they did in the Old Testament? Why can't we nail our relatives like they did back then as well?
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 23:34
    Originally posted by Acemaster

. Their dates ranged between 8 million ...[text shortened]... I can say it was made of green chees that smells like limburger and tastes like provelone.[/b]
    Hey, it's not my fault you're ignorant.

Can you prove that the Grand Canyon was formed by the Great Flood? Hell, I'll settle for evidence that the Great Flood happened as written (covering the tallest mountain by 10 cubits).

. Their dates ranged between 8 million and 300 billion years.[/b]
    Find a scientific source for a radioactive date of 300 billion years (it'd be difficult as the universe is only ~15 billion years old). And then show why radioactive dating is out by so many orders of magnitude.

4. You wouldn't need to have faith in anything but the history.
    The history? You mean, that Jesus existed and was God's son and that the Earth was created 6000 years ago?

5. What does that have to do with it? I can say it was made of green chees that smells like limburger and tastes like provelone.

Humour me. It's an exercise in critical thought.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:12
    Originally posted by wedgehead2
    I didn't realise the Beatles had a large fundamentalist Christian following.
    Especially with their whole "more popular than Jesus" thing.
    I was there. Heard Lenon speak. Unfortunately the fundamentalist didn't get it!
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:17
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Well, our time is up for today. In my professional opinion, you're suffering from a severely impoverished appreciation of nature and you're exhibiting a delusional failure in separating reality and fantasy. All things considered, I think the root of the problem is this: you're simply an idiot.
    Did you say you were a professional?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:18
    evolution is fantasy and creation is reality and of the two of us you are the idiot 😀
    Take a deep breath.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:19
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off...

Based on what i have read so far this may be the first piece of knowledge you have gained in your entire life.
    You call that knowledge?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What happened to them? Why did just they die and we have so many non-dino's now?
    Did he assign someone to take care of the little babies after dumping them off the ark? They screwed up it looks like.
    Personally I think the dinosaurs were part of a pre-Adamic world.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    That's the problem with the world today.
    The problem with the world today is sin.
  14. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:271 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Personally I think the dinosaurs were part of a pre-Adamic world.
    You mean they existed for all of about five days?
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 00:27
    Dear joesphw, Learn to use one post instead of however many you just made. Seriously. Also, try to actually add something to the discussion when posting instead of just crap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree